R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I wonder if you could dremel or file flats on the threaded rods?

Most of the time, I get a camber I like and leave it for a while. The ball ends of the Xray are so easy to take off to allow you to adjust the camber it will be ok.

I've broken a hub and stripped a cvd barrel since 2006 on my T2R.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

That was what I was think as well. I rarely adjust the turnbuckle, but would be nice to have. I really appreciate everyone's input. I am leaning towards keeping the xray......but not 100% sure yet.......
storytyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

I would really like to hear from people who have driven both cars. Some of you have and that is invaluable info. If you have only driven one, then bias sets in (which we are all guilty of). I am just looking at the $70 price increase if I go TC5R, but I think with it already having upgrades I may go down that road. Thoughts??????
Old 11-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #19
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I have driven both and when set up properly, both will drive really well on low to medium bite asphalt. For higher bite asphalt and or carpet tracks, you may end up with a bit too much grip and scrub speed and or traction roll with the T2R.

If I had a choice between the two, I would probably pick up the TC5R. I owned a TC5R in the past and had no issues with breakage or anything else for that matter. I highly doubt that you would save money with the T2R as I am sure that you would end up purchasing additional components that the car does not have thus increasing the overall cost.

I previously owned a TC5R, have driven a T2R Pro, owned a XRAY 009 and now own a XRAY T3.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

I will be driving on a carpet track if that makes a difference in choice of the cars.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default T2R Pro

From personalexperience,go with the T2R. Not that the TC5 is not a great car; It is, and performance wise both are near identical. The advantage with the Xray is that first up its $70 cheaper, secondly you will almost NEVER break it, it is unrivalled for quality of manufacture and parts fit and lastly the back up with forums,set up sheets is second to none!! And dont freak about the FRP chassis and top deck on the T2R, as that`s what gives it its phenomonal grip and speed. (FLEX) Also turn buckles, As others have mentione once you adjust them on the set-up station you dont really have to touch them again any way. Also if you run on high grip carpet then just adjust the flex screws on the T2R chassis and run harder springs.
Hope this helps
warpspeed57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

With the Xrays you have the T3, T2 and the T2R pro. Where does the TC4 and TC5 fit into these. Would the TC5 be more comparible to the T3? Is the T2 better than the T2R? Just trying to get this all straight. This forum has been great so keep bringing thoughts...thanks
Old 11-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #23
Tech Elite

I don't see T2R Pros in national events, but I do see TC5s. As of late, the TC5s have racked up a couple of solid wins including the IIC.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:23 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Just get the car that your LHS has parts for. Most likely it will be the Tc5.
hanzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a TC5R. Ill be getting a T2R Pro as my first xray.
Airflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #26
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGQ4U View Post
I don't see T2R Pros in national events, but I do see TC5s. As of late, the TC5s have racked up a couple of solid wins including the IIC.
This is a false argument, no offense to storytyme, but I don't think he's at that level. He's not looking for a Nats winner, he's looking for a club racer. Besides, pros can compensate for a cars deficiencies better than most of us.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

I actually am a pro. A pro at not being able to make up my mind! Thanks for all the input. I am taking the xray back and getting the TC5R. I am doing this (not that I need to justify) because I am biased towards Team Associated (I have a T4 and B4), and my buddy has a TC5 so having the same car I think would be cool as well. Thanks for everyone's opinions.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacjr0 View Post
This is a false argument, no offense to storytyme, but I don't think he's at that level. He's not looking for a Nats winner, he's looking for a club racer. Besides, pros can compensate for a cars deficiencies better than most of us.
It is a very valid argument. The IIC was run on carpet which is where he intends to run his TC5R or T2R Pro. On carpet with rubber tire, flex is necessary, though the flex characteristics of the T2R Pro may be a bit high for carpet and he may end up wrestling with his car to keep it from traction rolling and that is certainly not fun.

A club racer will continually improve their skills and the TC5R is a car that he can use as he progresses through the hobby. For the price, it will be worth it to keep and learn with one car as opposed to purchasing a new car and either upgrading it at a premium or selling for a huge loss to purchase a more expensive car. Why not start with a car that you can keep from beginning to end?

I am in no way knocking the T2R Pro, but unless he is racing on low to low-medium bite asphalt, I don't see how this would be the better car or the better value.

Last edited by IIGQ4U; 11-24-2009 at 03:40 PM.