Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glass Fibre Sheet Supplier

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation Glass Fibre Sheet Supplier

I am looking for glassfibre sheet material of 1,2 mm trough 1,8 mm in 0,1 mm or 0,2 mm incresements.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

pleez
Old 11-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Fr4 G10

Hello Mr. White,

I assume you are looking for T Plate material FR4/G10. I also am assuming you are not in the US by the use of commas. In the US .047" (1.20mm) and .0625" (1.60mm) G10 is available through many distributors such as Professional Plastics or Port Plastics. Most of the material is made by Norplex or Atlas Fiber. There may be a few others but that is where my distributor mostly buys from. As far as custom sizes the orders you will need are rather large. I believe to get a small run of custom thickness you would be looking at 5-10 4' x 6' sheets (roughly 125 to 250 square feet at $4 - $5 a sq. ft.). Another thing to consider is that the standard tolerance on this material is +/- .0035". When you are asking for different sizes by .1mm (.004") you may not end up with exactly what you want. If you request 1.40mm you could get 1.30mm to 1.50mm and this would be within their tolerance.

Hope I could help a little.

Good luck,

Troy
Old 11-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
Hello Mr. White,

I assume you are looking for T Plate material FR4/G10. I also am assuming you are not in the US by the use of commas. In the US .047" (1.20mm) and .0625" (1.60mm) G10 is available through many distributors such as Professional Plastics or Port Plastics. Most of the material is made by Norplex or Atlas Fiber. There may be a few others but that is where my distributor mostly buys from. As far as custom sizes the orders you will need are rather large. I believe to get a small run of custom thickness you would be looking at 5-10 4' x 6' sheets (roughly 125 to 250 square feet at $4 - $5 a sq. ft.). Another thing to consider is that the standard tolerance on this material is +/- .0035". When you are asking for different sizes by .1mm (.004") you may not end up with exactly what you want. If you request 1.40mm you could get 1.30mm to 1.50mm and this would be within their tolerance.

Hope I could help a little.

Good luck,

Troy
Thanks and U're right. I'm from Belgium. That's allready a big help. I e-mailed and rang all Belgian company's that had anything to do do with glassfibre and/or composite but no luck. I'll have to try elsewhere.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry White
Thanks and U're right. I'm from Belgium. That's allready a big help. I e-mailed and rang all Belgian company's that had anything to do do with glassfibre and/or composite but no luck. I'll have to try elsewhere.
Hi m8, I'm from Belgium as well and I use 2mm glassfiber with a slot between the hinge points on my T-Bars. Works great and Serpent does the same thing so its gotta work.