Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya shocks for a T2.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default Tamiya shocks for a T2.

I am wanting to try out some Tamiya shocks on my T2 but I don't know what all I will need. Does anyone have the Tamiya part numbers and any other parts that I would need to make the switch?
Old 11-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I have Tamiya shocks on my T2...if you get the shocks new everything you would need is there and I just used the Xray bottom shock mounts.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Hawaiian
I have Tamiya shocks on my T2...if you get the shocks new everything you would need is there and I just used the Xray bottom shock mounts.
Thanks. Are you pretty happy with the change to Tamiya? Also what is the Tamiya part number for the shock set? I want to make sure that I get the right ones.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

whats wrong with the t2 shocks
Old 11-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
whats wrong with the t2 shocks
I'm having a lot of problems with them. I'm having problems getting droop out of one of them when I put them on any of the inner three upper holes. I have to rebuild them every race. This evening I finally got the car setup right, or at least I thought I did. Then the next thing I knew the spring came off the rear shock because I had the length as long as possible to get the droop. Basicly, I'm just not having any luck with them. It seems like I have one problem after another.

So, I'm either going to get a new set of XRay shocks or a new set of Tamiya shocks. I'm going to start fresh either way. My other option is to just get a new car.

My other T2 is running great and I am having no problems with the shocks on it.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
-J-
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by lowcel
I'm having a lot of problems with them. I'm having problems getting droop out of one of them when I put them on any of the inner three upper holes. I have to rebuild them every race. This evening I finally got the car setup right, or at least I thought I did. Then the next thing I knew the spring came off the rear shock because I had the length as long as possible to get the droop. Basicly, I'm just not having any luck with them. It seems like I have one problem after another.

So, I'm either going to get a new set of XRay shocks or a new set of Tamiya shocks. I'm going to start fresh either way. My other option is to just get a new car.
Xray shocks shouldn't do that. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, but something is wrong. Tamiya shocks are also good shocks, but not any better than the Xray IMO. Personally I'd just get another set of Xrays or a new chassis.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks. Are you pretty happy with the change to Tamiya? Also what is the Tamiya part number for the shock set? I want to make sure that I get the right ones.
There are a few different sets. Everything is included. Here is a list:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=84008

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53571

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=49355

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=42102

The 84008s are all black, so they would match your ride the best. Might have to do some looking to find a set. Otherwise, the 42102s are the tops right now.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

I agree the Xray shocks are good, I have them on my FK05...and if you build them right there smooth...Tamiya shocks are just a little smoother imo and have metal body's and I got mine for a great price from a friend...I am running Xray springs thought
Old 11-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -J-
Xray shocks shouldn't do that. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, but something is wrong. Tamiya shocks are also good shocks, but not any better than the Xray IMO. Personally I'd just get another set of Xrays or a new chassis.
Tamiya shocks are significantly better IMHO. Maybe that's why so many factory drivers from other manufacturers are running Tamiya shocks. And hey, there's no rule requiring your car to be 100% Xray, so go out and get some Tamiya shocks, slap em on, and be a little different!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

thats not different...everyone want those babies
Old 11-16-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

My other T2 is running great and I am having no problems with the shocks on it.
Exactly how much droop are you trying to get, where the shocks aren't long enough?

Skiddins
Old 11-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Exactly how much droop are you trying to get, where the shocks aren't long enough?

Skiddins
The shocks are long enough, one of them just won't go down far enough without assistance. I am trying to get 2.5 - 3mm.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The shocks are long enough, one of them just won't go down far enough without assistance. I am trying to get 2.5 - 3mm.
You don't have the adjustable pistons in there do you?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcterp
You don't have the adjustable pistons in there do you?
Nope.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

I would check what is wrong with the shock that gives problems. If the car was not bought new, I would check all of them. Xray sells every part individually so you might be able to get off with a lot less expense than buying a new set of TRF shocks.

I use the adjustable shocks and my car behaves very nicely but I built mine from new.

I admit TRF shocks are easier to build, but the result is the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.