Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling to R/C races

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Traveling to R/C races

Hey guys with the economy the way it is these days I thought it might help our local tracks to know what we look for when traveling to tracks for scheduled events or "big" races. Right now local tracks need good turnouts and when planning an event alot of extra time and money go into these things so turnout and out of town racers are needed for there success. So I figured why not have a thread and see what happens.. I recieved a survey thru a PM and passed it on to some of you guys but this would probably get a better and quicker response.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Here is what I look for:

1. Constant updates via a thread on here or hobbytalk of turnout rules etc.
2. How well or how many people are posting and or talking about it.
3. The Buzz about the track IE: Small or large and normal turnout
4. Sponsord race or not.
5. There thread on a weekly basis what are the locals saying or is it loaded with constant complaining..
Old 01-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey this is a good idea for a thread and pretty much I look for the same things. But travel and cost are also a big factor..Plus if any of your buddies are going to lessin the cost etc.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Rugrunner those are good points but Well lets be honest RC isnt a need but its a want so if tracks know what they need to do to get you in the door the better it will be for racers in general. A track really cant take into count the distance or the cost of your travel cause they cant move the track but if they know what draws you to the track that they can control and work on.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah I get that but its still a factor when making the desicion ya know. But I guess door prizes,Trophies,cash etc. also would play a part in the desicion also. Hope this thread takes off it will be interesting to see the responses
Old 01-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Well I dont know if guys will reply or not the fact is it should help in the support and promotion of your local tracks event attendance...espeacially when you have a criteria or somewhat set of standards that would be created by reading the responses of racers....This way your track gets attendance and makes money and we get the most bang for are buck.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just a quick thing we learned while organizing events .....when info changes or an important question gets answered 15 pages into the race thread, the organizer should update the race flyer and opening post. It saves time and avoids confusion.

And if everyone keep asking for the tracks address.....just put it in your signature. It's much easier than going insane from repeating yourself!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Just a quick thing we learned while organizing events .....when info changes or an important question gets answered 15 pages into the race thread, the organizer should update the race flyer and opening post. It saves time and avoids confusion.

And if everyone keep asking for the tracks address.....just put it in your signature. It's much easier than going insane from repeating yourself!
Good point that drives me nuts....Putting hotel info on the flyer would also be a good addition....Thanks for the input Greg
Old 01-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Well Nu doesnt look like this is taken off....Wish it would.. could really use the info for my home track....We generally dont get big turnouts...However my company is gonna be moving me to Indy so be lookin for a track there as soon as I get a pin point location....
Old 01-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Rug let me know where in Indy you will be cause thats where I am from. We have several tracks around that are nice:

Ft.Wayne,Indiana: Summit Raceway...Nice place,Good people
Beechgrove,Indiana: Indy Slots....Small but a great place,Good people
Marion county fair grounds: Big Rug R/Car raceway: Big track,great place nice people.

Let me know we could always use another racer
Old 01-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I look for strong numbers in the class I plan to run. $$ is always an issue, but for right now, time and place is everything. 50hrs at a high stress job and 7 credit hours this semester at IPFW makes me stretched pretty thin. Having a little rest time is important. I've been stuck deciding to travel to race, or rest. I'm fighting burnout, so the latter is usually what I go with. That's why you haven't seen me lately.

If I only had an 8th day in a week for racing.