R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

anyone have any info on how this advanced esc will work in 1s mod applications?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
anyone have any info on how this advanced esc will work in 1s mod applications?
Check the crc website www.teamcrc.com it says that it will do down to 3t on 1s and 10.5 on 2s for the low voltage controller.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrick View Post
Check the crc website www.teamcrc.com it says that it will do down to 3t on 1s and 10.5 on 2s for the low voltage controller.
i seen all that but all this talk about boost esc's is around stock motors. does it even have any advantage when running mod?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #49
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
I chose to make my mistakes in qualifying rather than in the main. My "barely catching up" certainly explains the sizable gap in our finishing positions/time. And my bad, you're right, you were running a Nosram. Of course you were the ONLY one in front of me, and I'd have probably gone much faster if I hadn't had to plow through your parked car in turn two How many 11.3's did you have that weekend? And more importantly, which make of speedo occupied the three positions in front of you? Doesn't matter, there's going to be an Advanced in my car next week. So who cares?
let's see round 4 were everybody went fast 11.308 for me and 11.388 for you which is funny because even if you would of matched it I would of still beat you by .006 seconds in qualifing. man it's going to be good next week. also I got 2 11.3 laps to your 1 in that qualifer and interestingly enough yours was on the first lap and mine was lap 2 and 7. and yes I choked in the main and you had to drive through. I'll try not to do that again.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
let's see round 4 were everybody went fast 11.308 for me and 11.388 for you which is funny because even if you would of matched it I would of still beat you by .006 seconds in qualifing. man it's going to be good next week. also I got 2 11.3 laps to your 1 in that qualifer and interestingly enough yours was on the first lap and mine was lap 2 and 7. and yes I choked in the main and you had to drive through. I'll try not to do that again.
Don't worry, I won't have to drive through next week. When you wreck in turn one at the Champs it will happen behind me, so I'll already be gone!!!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Don't worry, I won't have to drive through next week. When you wreck in turn one at the Champs it will happen behind me, so I'll already be gone!!!
Since you're going to the "new" speedo......wanna sell the old one? My LRP is acting up......
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr117 View Post
Since you're going to the "new" speedo......wanna sell the old one? My LRP is acting up......
Check with Dougie Doug. He's liquidating some speedos to help offset the BD order.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #53
Regional Moderator

Three words that don't belong together... "Ian Ruggles" and "speedo".

There's an image I don't want burned into my brain.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Three words that don't belong together... "Ian Ruggles" and "speedo".

There's an image I don't want burned into my brain.
+1
www.liverc.com
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #55
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2 View Post
most of the tracks out here in ca are not allowing the speedo cause it will kill racing i have seen what this speedo can do and its a unfair advantage in 1/12and wgt any 1s lipo class at the iic a guy fliped off the track twice and still tqed now if that is not unfair i dont know what is

But feel free to buy as many $500.00 touring cars as it takes to keep up. What a joke.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #56
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
But feel free to buy as many $500.00 touring cars as it takes to keep up. What a joke.
+1

Also does other companies come with faster speedo's to. Do you want to ban them to?
Or when other old speedo's are updated to go as fast as the Advance, what than?

If you want to have fun in racing, don't buy each time a new speedo and drive your own race with the other racers that don't want to buy a new speedo.
I have some club members that can't keep up with the others but just race for fun. They do it for a hobby and don't care if they are last.

On my club I didn't hear anyone that want's to buy a new speedo for that price.
Most of them are happy with what they have.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

When are these babys expected to ship? Any in stock?? I might need one oh, and nice call on the guy that buys a few $500 sedans!
WIITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2 View Post
most of the tracks out here in ca are not allowing the speedo cause it will kill racing i have seen what this speedo can do and its a unfair advantage in 1/12and wgt any 1s lipo class at the iic a guy fliped off the track twice and still tqed now if that is not unfair i dont know what is
I raced against a guy that did the same in a small track using a Novak GTB/13.5T combo, booster and 1S lipos. What is came down to was a properly set up car and good driving skills.
lutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well for those who don't feel the need to spring for the latest and the greatest (ie costly) brushless speedo........i've got a spare brand new and never been run LRP that I'll offer for $75 + shipping (paypal). It's the regular 4cell LRP (the one without a heat sink or fan). It's not the SPX, it's the regular LRP. Brand new and in need of a 1/12th scale hobbiest home. Only $75. What a deal!!
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:27 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
+1

Also does other companies come with faster speedo's to. Do you want to ban them to?
Or when other old speedo's are updated to go as fast as the Advance, what than?

If you want to have fun in racing, don't buy each time a new speedo and drive your own race with the other racers that don't want to buy a new speedo.
I have some club members that can't keep up with the others but just race for fun. They do it for a hobby and don't care if they are last.

On my club I didn't hear anyone that want's to buy a new speedo for that price.
Most of them are happy with what they have.
i dont beleive that < DEEP down inside,where the pain lurks...LOL> J/K racers race to win my man...the adrenaline doesnt come for free...those seek out some risk, and definatlly a price to pay, i love this ishhhh