R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #31
mk2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mk2

most of the tracks out here in ca are not allowing the speedo cause it will kill racing i have seen what this speedo can do and its a unfair advantage in 1/12and wgt any 1s lipo class at the iic a guy fliped off the track twice and still tqed now if that is not unfair i dont know what is
EXPRESS MOTORSPORTS
RADIOPOST USA.
mk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What so special about this ESC co'z the price is redicolous.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #33
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2 View Post
most of the tracks out here in ca are not allowing the speedo cause it will kill racing i have seen what this speedo can do and its a unfair advantage in 1/12and wgt any 1s lipo class at the iic a guy fliped off the track twice and still tqed now if that is not unfair i dont know what is
Are they going to outlaw the LRP and Tekin when the new speedo and software updates come out that make them as fast as the AE unit?

I can see outlawing them in 17.5 class until the others catch up but after that its fair game.

And at the IIC the TQ did not "Flip off the track twice" on his TQ run. Thats a little far fetched..I was there and seen it too.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Can someone from CRC (Frank?) post up and let us know if the Advanced ESC is approved by ROAR?
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #35
Tech Master

Ad the moment it has the most power the first 10 meter. Here it drives away from all the others. Top speed is the same as the other speedo's.

Unfair?
Was it unfair when Tekin came with his speedo and the others were driving still the LRP TC? Or was it fair to get a SPX wile others were not having one?
I don't now if you can say that. You can buy also one or wait till the other speedo's catch up.
LRP comes with a new speedo, Tekin, GM and the other speedo's that you can update will come with updates and sooner or later the speed will be quit the same again.
In the TC 10,5 lipo class the difference is a bit smaller but in the classes like 1 cell 1:12 were you have not as much as power, the difference is big.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Are they going to outlaw the LRP and Tekin when the new speedo and software updates come out that make them as fast as the AE unit?

I can see outlawing them in 17.5 class until the others catch up but after that its fair game.

And at the IIC the TQ did not "Flip off the track twice" on his TQ run. Thats a little far fetched..I was there and seen it too.

EA
I heard he was also pulling wheelies down the straight every lap.
mkdut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #37
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashby View Post
Can someone from CRC (Frank?) post up and let us know if the Advanced ESC is approved by ROAR?
Must speedo's be roar approved?
I thought only motors and Cell's and lipo's.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveonamission View Post
What is this thread?

I swear its titled Black Diamond ESC settings

Not the "the speedo war"

Jeze.
My bad, I thought I was reading "Tekin fanboy lovefest Thread #937"
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #39
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
At the Halloween Classic in Cleveland, all 10 cars in the 17.5 12th A were Tekin equipped.
lets take another off that list

I qualified 4th with my Nosram stock spec in front of your Tekin and would of finished higher had not I decided to wait at the park and ride in turn 2 on the start. doh! you might of gone faster then you had before but you just caught up to me barely

2009 Halloween Classic

1-12th Stock A Main Round# 6, Race# 10

Driver________Fast Lap__
Ruggles, Ian 11.547
Dirla, Robert 11.516
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.

Last edited by nashrcracer; 11-17-2009 at 11:51 AM.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Personally I say let them run in whatever class. This will be the same arguement everytime a new esc is brought out or new software is produced. Quit the whining and just race...lol!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
lets take another off that list

I qualified 4th with my Nosram stock spec in front of your Tekin and would of finished higher had not I decided to wait at the park and ride in turn 2 on the start. doh! you might of gone faster then you had before but you just caught up to me barely

2009 Halloween Classic

1-12th Stock A Main Round# 6, Race# 10

Driver________Fast Lap__
Ruggles, Ian 11.547
Dirla, Robert 11.516
I chose to make my mistakes in qualifying rather than in the main. My "barely catching up" certainly explains the sizable gap in our finishing positions/time. And my bad, you're right, you were running a Nosram. Of course you were the ONLY one in front of me, and I'd have probably gone much faster if I hadn't had to plow through your parked car in turn two How many 11.3's did you have that weekend? And more importantly, which make of speedo occupied the three positions in front of you? Doesn't matter, there's going to be an Advanced in my car next week. So who cares?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
Maybe 9 out of 10 were Tekin. I ran an LRP SPX
Really Jimmy? Your car was fast so I assumed you had a Tekin in too. This is what happens when I'm racing in the A and not reading the sponsor sheets.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

last year at the carpet nats in cleveland I ran a regular version LRP speedo while most guys had the newly introduced spx versions or the tekins with their adjustable profiles cranked up. Compared to the guys with the latest electronics packages, I was down on power. My choice. But still enjoyed the event even though I might have qualified a little bit higher if I wasn't so cheap. At the time, it would have been inappropriate to fuss about others who had found a speedo technology advantage that I didn't have or was too stingy to procure for myself. the nature of all types of competitive racing is that occasionally somebody comes up with something which makes a significant leap forward in performance. efficient componentry is not cheating. efficiency is not illegal. it's just that somebody has now built a better mousetrap. This year I'll have me one of the newest edition mousetraps, and I'll enjoy my mouse hunting even more. Having to buy one new speedo every other year (even if it's a pricey one) doesn't seem like too steep a price to pay for improved performance. This is what we call progress.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #44
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
last year at the carpet nats in cleveland I ran a regular version LRP speedo while most guys had the newly introduced spx versions or the tekins with their adjustable profiles cranked up. Compared to the guys with the latest electronics packages, I was down on power. My choice. But still enjoyed the event even though I might have qualified a little bit higher if I wasn't so cheap. At the time, it would have been inappropriate to fuss about others who had found a speedo technology advantage that I didn't have or was too stingy to procure for myself. the nature of all types of competitive racing is that occasionally somebody comes up with something which makes a significant leap forward in performance. efficient componentry is not cheating. efficiency is not illegal. it's just that somebody has now built a better mousetrap. This year I'll have me one of the newest edition mousetraps, and I'll enjoy my mouse hunting even more. Having to buy one new speedo every other year (even if it's a pricey one) doesn't seem like too steep a price to pay for improved performance. This is what we call progress.
Exactly.....Very well said!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
Very well put. We will see what the Tekin crew have in store by the nats. Might have to pick up one of these mousetraps as well.

It's the year 2010. Shouldn't vacuum cleaners be quieter by now?
TimV is offline   Reply With Quote