Wiki Posts
Search

Ezrun 60A ESC and 5.5T 6000kv

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Ezrun 60A ESC and 5.5T 6000kv

Hi,

I just want to ask if anyone got this set up and if they also have a problem with the esc?

The problem with my set up is when I full throttle forward it seems a lot slower when compared to throttle at full going backwards. EPA all at 100%.

I sense that it was only operating like 60% at forward full throttle, and at backward throttle its doing 100%. I heard the motor how it sounds and i looked at the wheels it baloons at full throttle going backward, but at full throttle going forward it wont baloon, there is something wrong about it. I guess it was the ESC.

I have used the motor combo with Futaba 2.4ghz FASST. I also tried to do reverse throttle, but everytime i do it, its like when I throttle it backwards it wont run, only forward.

I also make some testing, and it does the same performance. I have tried it to my ACOMS 2.4ghz Technisport transmitter and receiver, but its the same result. So I conclude that its probably ther ESC.

Does anybody has already solved this problem? Again the problem is when full throttle backward its much faster than full throttle forward. FYI the set up from my transmitter and receiver were left standard.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by noelcleofe17
Hi,

I just want to ask if anyone got this set up and if they also have a problem with the esc?

The problem with my set up is when I full throttle forward it seems a lot slower when compared to throttle at full going backwards. EPA all at 100%.

I sense that it was only operating like 60% at forward full throttle, and at backward throttle its doing 100%. I heard the motor how it sounds and i looked at the wheels it baloons at full throttle going backward, but at full throttle going forward it wont baloon, there is something wrong about it. I guess it was the ESC.

I have used the motor combo with Futaba 2.4ghz FASST. I also tried to do reverse throttle, but everytime i do it, its like when I throttle it backwards it wont run, only forward.

I also make some testing, and it does the same performance. I have tried it to my ACOMS 2.4ghz Technisport transmitter and receiver, but its the same result. So I conclude that its probably ther ESC.

Does anybody has already solved this problem? Again the problem is when full throttle backward its much faster than full throttle forward. FYI the set up from my transmitter and receiver were left standard.
Have you calibrate the esc with your radio yet?
Old 08-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

use your program card and make sure reverse power is set to 100%.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dameetz
Have you calibrate the esc with your radio yet?
No I havent cause I dont have the program card, and also this is brand new so I am expecting that the ESC has a default config, like that of mamba systems.

Anyway, I have just reconnect the wires change the positions and set reverse throttle, now its working. Theres only like a little cogging when im using the throttle backwards, pretty much the same thing with mamba system.

I also set the radio all to 100%, like the throttle EPA, all is set as default from Futaba.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by noelcleofe17
No I havent cause I dont have the program card, and also this is brand new so I am expecting that the ESC has a default config, like that of mamba systems.

Anyway, I have just reconnect the wires change the positions and set reverse throttle, now its working. Theres only like a little cogging when im using the throttle backwards, pretty much the same thing with mamba system.

I also set the radio all to 100%, like the throttle EPA, all is set as default from Futaba.
You don't need the card to calibrate neutral/full throttle/brake. Just follow the instruction that came with it.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

The ESC does have some default settings... it comes with reverse force set to 50% default... you need to change this value to 100% OR set up the ESC so it knows when you pull the trigger it's foward and not reverse like you have it...
Old 08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shultz
The ESC does have some default settings... it comes with reverse force set to 50% default... you need to change this value to 100% OR set up the ESC so it knows when you pull the trigger it's foward and not reverse like you have it...
Exactly, thats what i did, so now I have it 100% value forward cause I have reverse the throttle. Now I know, that the default setting for reverse is only 50% thats why. But can I change it to 100% without the program card?

Cause when I tried to adjust it in the transmitter, its not enough, I even reached EPA to 120%.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

I can't tell you how to program without the card or if it's even possible to do so... I picked up a kit the included the ESC, motor and program card... instruction were a single sheet of paper that shows how to use the program card...NOTHING for the ESC itself...sorry man.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shultz
I can't tell you how to program without the card or if it's even possible to do so... I picked up a kit the included the ESC, motor and program card... instruction were a single sheet of paper that shows how to use the program card...NOTHING for the ESC itself...sorry man.
No problem! I think Ill stay at 50% power on reverse, cause you go forward much of the time for racing. So this will be a little bit of safety issue, so when u go backwards, its not that fast. ahaha..

My problem in the first place is solved. I got the 100% power now going forward and 50% going reverse.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default full throttle

hey every body i have posted a couple of times i got my ezrun 5.5t 60a hooked up. i have a question when i punch it the car acts like im moving the trigger but when i ease on it it does fine. connections are good any one have suggestions