Serpent S120-Link

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent S120-Link

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

So far I found RC-Mushroom has the best deal for S120 Link. They provide free shipping express mail to anywhere. http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=20066 Anyone knows who has a better deal?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Since the S120L battery setup isn't the friendliest for Lipo, I thought up some ways to keep it intact, without throwing on too much extra weight. I had a buddy of mine machine out 2 identical pieces out of just standard Aluminum. After a hair of fine grit sanding, the parts fit great, and place the battery almost dead-on in the middle, and if placed the lip forward, push it back. If anyone has access to a machine shop, PM me, I'll gladly send you the drawing. Other than that, any feedback? Thanks, -Mark Ament

Old 03-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Mark506,looks good.Am I right in saying your setup allows the lipo to be taken out without taking the shocker end off,I am planing to just use the plastic pieces they give you in the kit,only 4 are includes ,only enough for 2 packs,just double side tap them to the battery packs,at present my other batteries are held in my CRC the same way but I do run a quick link but the way the link works I can not adjust the droop easly.I just started to sand the edges of the 120 Link today.What I would like to see is a quick type of ball link on the shocker so you can get the batteries out,love the look of the serpent parts.
Cya
Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zoomster
Hi Mark506,looks good.Am I right in saying your setup allows the lipo to be taken out without taking the shocker end off,I am planing to just use the plastic pieces they give you in the kit,only 4 are includes ,only enough for 2 packs,just double side tap them to the battery packs,at present my other batteries are held in my CRC the same way but I do run a quick link but the way the link works I can not adjust the droop easly.I just started to sand the edges of the 120 Link today.What I would like to see is a quick type of ball link on the shocker so you can get the batteries out,love the look of the serpent parts.
Cya
Yes, I can fit the lipo in without a issue. Its a Reedy 4600, and the shock mount is on the 2nd hole down, and I have maybe 4mm of battery clearence? Either way, there is no need to take the shock off to mount the battery.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

who's running the servo flat?

what setup are using if you are?
Old 05-02-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark506
Since the S120L battery setup isn't the friendliest for Lipo, I thought up some ways to keep it intact, without throwing on too much extra weight. I had a buddy of mine machine out 2 identical pieces out of just standard Aluminum. After a hair of fine grit sanding, the parts fit great, and place the battery almost dead-on in the middle, and if placed the lip forward, push it back. If anyone has access to a machine shop, PM me, I'll gladly send you the drawing. Other than that, any feedback? Thanks, -Mark Ament

nice photo !
Old 05-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

hi, anyone out there running the S120L with Speed Passion GT2.0 PRO ESC with KO302f receiver, and ip 6.6v 200mAh Li-Fe setup? if yes, can show some picture of how u arrange the elecrontic.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

anyone know what brand of bumper will fit on the S120?
Old 05-28-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Serpent and Xceed Internet retailers

Hey Guys

I am looking for someone on the internet who stocks alot of Xceed and Serpent product. I am looking for the ITA tires and the front suspension tuning parts. I had a nice shopping cart going on at RC Market but their shipping cost is crazy and they have half of what I want back ordered. It seams every store I go to has only half of what I need or their prices are 25% higher and they are still missing stock. I am in Canada so it would be great if I didn't have to cross a border but I have ordered from almost every country already with very few bad experiances.

Stormer has Serpent only
RC Killer patchy stock
RC Market decent stock but missing common stuff and high shipping
RC Mushroom has no S120 parts and no Xceed 12 scale tires.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Regional Moderator

Try Ashford Hobby or Serpent America

http://www.ashfordhobby.com/

http://www.serpentamerica.com/
Old 06-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default Parts and support

Unfortunately Ashford Hobby dose not ship outside the US.

Has anybody heard if Serpent is releasing any different side springs, center springs, or front springs for the S120L??

It's also impossible to get extra Lipo battery supports as well.

Super car and great kit quality, but Serpent has dropped the ball with complete product support with optional parts. I know the company just released an 1/8th scale off-road buggy and they are busy, but should have had the parts ready to go during release time 4 months ago.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That 1/12th just drips sexy
Old 06-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swampracer
Unfortunately Ashford Hobby dose not ship outside the US.

Has anybody heard if Serpent is releasing any different side springs, center springs, or front springs for the S120L??

It's also impossible to get extra Lipo battery supports as well.

Super car and great kit quality, but Serpent has dropped the ball with complete product support with optional parts. I know the company just released an 1/8th scale off-road buggy and they are busy, but should have had the parts ready to go during release time 4 months ago.
For side springs, you can use Associated's springs. Regarding the front springs, a couple of us have switched to using CRC's kingpins because they are stronger and easily available. By doing this, you're able to use any 1/8" front springs from Associated or CRC. To do this, you'll need a new set of Serpent steering blocks, CRC polished kingpins, CRC brass pivot balls (I polished mine), and 1/8" e-clips.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

2010 Worlds Car

still in the prototype phase but the changes so far include

1. new rear pod = moves motor more to the right side for better balance.
2. damper tubes rather than the floating monoshock
3. use of black anodising
4. flat mounted steering servo plus other little tweaks

is that a HB centre shock?

pics from redrc

Old 07-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

"3. use of black anodising
4. flat mounted steering servo plus other little tweaks"

The black anodizing is just something M. Mober's always has on his cars, and as for the servo, its more of a preference for ackerman feel, I don't think there anything new for the worlds car. Also, if you take note towards the front of the chassis, the Personal Tranponder mount isn't there, so it looks like the main chassis differs from the original S120L's chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.