R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #151
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
The slop actually makes it easier to drive, I've seen a lot of winning cars that were so sloppy I could not believe it.

They are out of some parts and expecting an order this week.
on 1/8 gas cars i have found that a little play wasn't that bad, but these 1/12 things seem so sensitive
(i haven't enough experience yet to know which areas/settings need more or less attention)

thanks, thats good news regarding spares.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #152
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default 13.5 Snowbirds TQ for On-Point Racing after 2 rounds!

Markus Mobers 13.5 Snowbirds TQ for On-Point Racing after 2 rounds! Complete Serpent S120L On-point parts!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22

i just got my s120l used and I put it on a tweak station, I backed out the spring screws and the pod stayed leaning on the right side and when i turned the screws in to set tweak the left side screw was all the way in. Is this normal
Juwan Hunter
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

First, take some time and look over the car closely. Re-tru the tires if you can. Make sure that the car is ready to run minus the body. Use the tweek station to see if one side has more weight then the other. If the car has no obvious issues and the tires are equal then it should be close right then. To get it perfect should only need a small adjustment. When you are adjusting the side springs, do one side in a small amount and do the opposite side out just a small amount, this will reduce how much you need to adjust the settings. You would never want to compress one spring alot and leave the other alone, just split the difference between the two springs, does this make sense?

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_22 View Post
i just got my s120l used and I put it on a tweak station, I backed out the spring screws and the pod stayed leaning on the right side and when i turned the screws in to set tweak the left side screw was all the way in. Is this normal
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #155
Tech Master

Quote:
For sure its not normal. There are a few things you can check. Take off the cross brace from the bottom leaving the post attached to the cross brace and remove the pod plates and motor. Check to see if there is any binding or clicking feeling when nothing is attached to the bottom plate. Also check the pod plates, if they are the original one they could be bent. On point racing makes replacement pod plate available from stormer made from better material and thicker webbing. Serpent will be coming out them soon also. Also check the cross brace stand offs if they are bent that can cause a tweak. Check the king pins to see if they are bent and also the front axle heights and front end sag. This is something that any 12th scale it can happen to and is a good check list of stuff to know.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
For sure its not normal. There are a few things you can check. Take off the cross brace from the bottom leaving the post attached to the cross brace and remove the pod plates and motor. Check to see if there is any binding or clicking feeling when nothing is attached to the bottom plate. Also check the pod plates, if they are the original one they could be bent. On point racing makes replacement pod plate available from stormer made from better material and thicker webbing. Serpent will be coming out them soon also. Also check the cross brace stand offs if they are bent that can cause a tweak. Check the king pins to see if they are bent and also the front axle heights and front end sag. This is something that any 12th scale it can happen to and is a good check list of stuff to know.
yeah the pods plates r bent, well back to my t plate s120 till I get the replacement ones, thanks
Juwan Hunter
Old 02-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #157
Tech Master

Anyone know for dead certain what caster blocks come in the kit, 3', 6', 9'? Been running my s120l for 3 races know and I love it!! Next up the On-Point set-up.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:46 AM   #158
Tech Master

Quote:
yeah the pods plates r bent, well back to my t plate s120 till I get the replacement ones, thanks
Depending on how bad they are bent the rear X brace might also be bent. Id get an extra to be safe.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:30 AM   #159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

guys i have built my S120L and i used the new Sanwa 12th scale servo. i will have to adapt it to the car as it doesnt fit between the posts well. but my main issue was the car not centering wiht the steering . i was forever adjusting my trim. i have fitted a single servo horn to test the servo itself. the servo ceters everytime when stalled. then i refit the servo saver. and it is the servo saver not coming back to center. is there a way i can lock it, or do i buy a different servo saver ? cheers.
and also, maybe the same issue, but the car was horrible to drive. was easy to loose the rear, and when it did go, it just kept going. i used everythign from teh kit. i do have a full set of CRC side springs to choose from. i was also using Xceed soft rears and Hard fronts. thanks for any help.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #160
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
guys i have built my S120L and i used the new Sanwa 12th scale servo. i will have to adapt it to the car as it doesnt fit between the posts well. but my main issue was the car not centering wiht the steering . i was forever adjusting my trim. i have fitted a single servo horn to test the servo itself. the servo ceters everytime when stalled. then i refit the servo saver. and it is the servo saver not coming back to center. is there a way i can lock it, or do i buy a different servo saver ? cheers.
and also, maybe the same issue, but the car was horrible to drive. was easy to loose the rear, and when it did go, it just kept going. i used everythign from teh kit. i do have a full set of CRC side springs to choose from. i was also using Xceed soft rears and Hard fronts. thanks for any help.
I would start with this setup. It uses the stock side springs but you might want to get the softer center spring 411175. http://www.rctech.net/forum/8275278-post112.html

For the servo I would get a Kimbrough med black servo saver it has a stronger spring than the stock one and will center up better.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #161
Tech Elite

Quote:
i think you should check your steering knuckle and see if they r too tight
Juwan Hunter
Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #162
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
Anyone know for dead certain what caster blocks come in the kit, 3', 6', 9'? Been running my s120l for 3 races know and I love it!! Next up the On-Point set-up.
my kit came with the 9 degree blocks. just so you know, there is a marking on the block, it is a little stylish so you have to look carefully to read it. but there is a R or L and a 3 6 or 9 look on the outside forward area of the block
Old 02-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #163
Tech Elite

Quote:
i think you should check your steering knuckle and see if they r too tight
due to searching for a problem, i actually didnt have the steering links on the saver at the time. it is definately the servo saver with the issue.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #164
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by On-Point Racing View Post
I would start with this setup. It uses the stock side springs but you might want to get the softer center spring 411175. http://www.rctech.net/forum/8275278-post112.html

For the servo I would get a Kimbrough med black servo saver it has a stronger spring than the stock one and will center up better.
i saved that image, but i cant read it, its too blurry.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 02-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #165
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111

Quote:
due to searching for a problem, i actually didnt have the steering links on the saver at the time. it is definately the servo saver with the issue.
change to Kimbough servo saver.. thats the first thing I do
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote