Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone use lrp sxx tc for spec??

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Anyone use lrp sxx tc for spec??

Tried asking over at the lrp thread but not much going on there... Yes,I know the sox would be better suited to run a 17.5 but that's not an option. So, has anyone ran a 17.5 or such spec motor class with the sxx tc? I know it's mainly for mod, but again I really don't have much of a choice. I'm just trying to ind out if it can be done with no damage to the motor. If it can, then what profile?thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndysD8
Tried asking over at the lrp thread but not much going on there... Yes,I know the sox would be better suited to run a 17.5 but that's not an option. So, has anyone ran a 17.5 or such spec motor class with the sxx tc? I know it's mainly for mod, but again I really don't have much of a choice. I'm just trying to ind out if it can be done with no damage to the motor. If it can, then what profile?thanks!

It will work perfectly fine. You'll want to use profile 10 for the power profile. Compared to others speedos with rampup timing speedos(spx, tekin etc) you'll have to gear higher because of the lack of extra timing. I have tried both ways in 13.5 and there is really no difference in laptimes as long as you get the gearing correct with both on a duo.

With the new X12 spec motors you'll be perfectly fine with the SXX as the motors are so fast the ramp up timing speedos are not needed. In 13.5 and 10.5 we have found that profile 10 on the SXX and profile 6 on the SPX are as high as you will want to go, any higher and you need to fully retard the timing on the motor and gear down at least 10 teeth. Even then it is still too timing on the speedo.

Hope this helps!

Paul
Old 11-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
It will work perfectly fine. You'll want to use profile 10 for the power profile. Compared to others speedos with rampup timing speedos(spx, tekin etc) you'll have to gear higher because of the lack of extra timing. I have tried both ways in 13.5 and there is really no difference in laptimes as long as you get the gearing correct with both on a duo.

With the new X12 spec motors you'll be perfectly fine with the SXX as the motors are so fast the ramp up timing speedos are not needed. In 13.5 and 10.5 we have found that profile 10 on the SXX and profile 6 on the SPX are as high as you will want to go, any higher and you need to fully retard the timing on the motor and gear down at least 10 teeth. Even then it is still too timing on the speedo.

Hope this helps!

Paul
thanks! That's what I was wanting to hear! Ad I'll actually be using a duo, well a duo 2, but from the sounds of it I should be fine.