R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-24-2004, 11:57 AM   #46
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

martin i open my mouth on what i know and what i have seen every euro race ever coverd in a magazine what do you see for a picture a huge big as$ 8 scale track and if they race indoors or on a small
track they get spanked by a losi, associated, or a schumacher!
how many corallys have made it to the a final at the worlds! get the point yet!
if the cars were that good everybody would be getting one. martin here in the U.S.A we have this marketing concept that kinda goes like this! win on sunday! sell on monday! people follow the trend that what wins is good now on a racer view point we may not all agree with that but thats the way the masses see it!
how many associated cars and losi's, scumachers and yokomo's are out there compared to anything else! must be a reason. some day you'll figure it out before you open your mouth!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:08 PM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have a AE tape of the Worlds in 1993 or 1994 in europe. will have do find it

Sphashett won with the Corally 1/12th and Trinity snagged him after that race i beleive

Joel Johnson or Masami got 2nd & third

Masami won the 4wd worlds for Shumacher cars/UNO motors in 1987 and AE/Yokomo snagged him immediately

AE/Yokomo & Trinity/Losi strive to get the best on their teams more than anyone else

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 02-24-2004 at 12:15 PM.
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:16 PM   #48
Tech Elite

fast ho i think me and martin are talking 10 scale! as far as 12 scale they havent done that bad but it was at the hands of sir spashett and yes the cars work well on carpet after you spend the additional money to get rid of the condom dampner!
as far as 12 scale which i am a big fan of its a simple car and the basic design has been there since the late 80's.
but like i said what about them touring cars!
Old 02-24-2004, 01:27 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Corally Cars

Speedxl,

There are a lot of guys that have done well with the Corally brand of cars in all scales. First thing that you should consider is that Corally does not have a very large pro racing team. The Ahonoemi brothers are very good at both touring and 1/12th. Then I would also include Andy Griffiths of G.B. he has won multiple European title's in both scales, he has also made the world's final in 1/12th 3 or 4 times. As for David Spashett he won a worlds title for Corally in dominating fashion in the mid nineties. Soon after that both David and Andy went to race for Trinity. Since then Andy has come back to Corally. Andy Moore also of G.B. also raced for Corally, he now races for Peak/Xray.

CorallyUSA is an importer of the Corally cars, most importers have a difficult time having large race teams. You really are comparing apples and oranges when you are comparing Corally with Trinity or Losi or Associated as they are large manufacturers who want to have large race teams, and that is great for them. It doesn't mean that Corally has bad cars or a bad business strategy. They have been around since the early eighties. They do a lot of business overseas. The U.S. market is still developing for them. CorallyUSA has only been in business for 3 years I believe, so their cars were not coming into this country at all since Du/ MOR RC stopped importing there stuff in the early 90's.

The Assassin is a very good car that is still being developed by them. It is getting better all the time. It shares no real characteristics with the previous c4.1. The c4 and the c4.1 won a lot of races overseas and many drivers had an advantage on the large tracks that you mentioned earlier. They did the right design on that car considering the tracks that they were racing on. It however made racing on tight indoor tracks like we have in the states very difficult. The Assassin was designed to be much more U.S. friendly. I race an Assassin and before that a c4.1. The Assassin drives into and out of the corners a lot harder than the previous car could for me at least. I have owned 3 assoc tc3, a losi xxx-s G+, yokomo special (belt), atlas ym-34 Japan edition, and I can honestly say that the Corally is as good as any of them. The only real disadvantage that I have found is that when I go to a different track and my cars not working as good as I need it to work, then since there a usually no other assassin's around I have to develop my own setup and not go steal someone else's setup. In short I don't agree with much of anything you said. Good racing.

Steve Curry
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

Now I think it is corallyman who has hit the nail right on the head. It is great to know that I am not the only person who has the ability to see that corally is a great company, but is still in it's developing stages.
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #51
Tech Regular

@speedxl: I'm a european, I am at all the big races, and I also have good contact with corally... So..... SHUT UP....

And actually, the condom damper you're refering to is actually one of the things that most people over here like about the car... it makes it very calm and easy to drive...

Most European tracks aren't as big as you think, the few you see in a magazine looks bigger than they really are, and they are also not the ones we race the most on...

And also, and some of the smallest tracks, Simo Ahoniemi is usually insanely fast.... Corally don't have a big market, but everytime a fast racer shows his face, he makes the car go fast... Put Baker, Hirosaka, Cyrul or anyone else behind the wheel, and the Assasin can be the car that wins on sunday....

I'm not saying it's the best, simplest and fastest car, but if you're a bit more than an average racer you can make the car go fast without emptying your pocket... And that's the people Corally want's to sell their cars to... They're not a company that makes beginner products...
MartinSorlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:50 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

CorallyUSA is a developing company. Not Team Corally....... just for reference.
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 02:02 PM   #53
Tech Elite

steve i guess it me that everyone is going to attack now, look the 12 scale cars are good i didnt say that they didnt perform well i know they are good cars because i race against most of the corally usa guys here in florida all i mentioned was you have to dump another hundred dollars on the car to get it to where they have thiers.
a new rear pod center shock, dampner tubes and i believe a new t-bar and a few other odds and ends. why? is it that difficult for them to put a kit together for the people that includes all the stuff they need, this is the primary reason i wont get the car, i drive an associated based car the quad 12 and the reason for the conversion is becasue i have enough parts and the availability to get more where ever i go. with out having the need to keep 400 bucks of spare parts.
which the main reason people dont get the car look i know corally is small
but if you dont get a strong network of distributers no one is going to run the car.
as for the touring car i referd to the c4 chassis which stunk because it wasnt designed for this market i was there and the stuff these guys went through was pure torture. they did and tried everything cutting,hacking and mixing parts off of other cars to get them somewhere drivable.
the new assasin is a different beast mike bruce runs the car down here and does well with it but still the fact the parts cost more maintanence is pain in the arse to do and availability is still hard to deal with the point here is not that of the cars its plain and simple! the real problem is people dont want a car thats a pain in the as$ to set up difficult to buy parts for and not an arm and a leg for parts. look its a plain fact the american consumer is spoiled and we all know thats a fact. i enjoy competition esspecially when i look at the postings of the a main at a race and see that no one chassis is dominating and if it is now we all know that yes certain teams have a better rouster then others but still at this point here in the U.S they need to come up with something like xray did that it attracted alot of people WHY ? corally needs to do some reaserch and see what makes people buy the other cars and not thies, where is the problem and what needs to be done to correct it.
they got a promising car to work with they need to develop it into a winner and listen to their U.S drivers because i know they gave suggestions and they didnt want to listen what they had to say because the mind set in europe is that we dont know anything about racing and that europeans are better.
and guess what they arent.
like i said they have a good product but they need to figure out what does it take for people to want ! key words are what does it take!
this is my opinion guys dont hammer me its not a personal thing! its just how i see things it may not be right but its what i have seen.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:10 PM   #54
Tech Elite

corally 91 i know corally U.S.A is a development team. and i didnt put them down.
and martin i am speaking about the facts as we americans see it and hear about it from your! fellow europeans, i guess they all lie about the tracks. look i know ther are small tracks around europe i have gone ther on vacation and seen some of them but the few i have seen especially in england are out door nitro tracks.
regardless of great drivers or not like i said and you seem not to read well.
the c4 car sucked wind and they didnt try and develope it xray took thier car and worked on it.
now corally has a chassis that has alot of potential, they need to develope it and not sit back and say this is it.
so my friend this isnt a personel attack its an oppinion just like you have one.
when you tell someone to shut up be prepared to get a counter attack.
so keep it politically clean!
Old 02-24-2004, 02:15 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Speedxl,

Thank you for your response, I will respond in a couple of hours because something else has come up, but I look forward to discussing this further.

What I can tell you now is that I live completely accross the country from CorallyUSA, and I have never had a problem getting parts for any of my Corally cars which include the Assassin, 2 c4.1's, and sp12m and sp12m damper tube.

Steve

Last edited by corallyman; 02-25-2004 at 01:12 AM.
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 02:35 PM   #56
Tech Elite

corally guy all you guys are missing the point of what i am saying the problem that everyone has a problem with is more of a trend for the people n the states deal with product support people tend to make purchases upon impulse if they dont see it or find it easily they will shy away from it.
look like i said before the assasin is a car with a lot of potential but when a little kid walks into a hobby store he buys what he sees and as far as i know 99% of the racers in this sport are men and as men we are visuall beings we are attracted and lures via site. (out of site out of mind)
i also understand martins point about selling to the racers not the hobbies(beginner) well guess what they arent going to get rich that way or keep thier doors open.
as far as robby at corally U.S.A he is a buissnes man he is in it to make a living and yes he wants to have fun doing it also. but no one buys into a distributership for the love of the art.
the view points i am writting about are what i see from the r/c racers in general ask around and you will see i am not far from the truth. the company has great potential but the question here is what the thread is about why doesnt any one like corally all i gave was my opinion of what i have seen around the tracks i have been to not here in florida but outside, and martin we know corally does well in europe but we are talking about here and what is the situation.
guys chill out!
Old 02-24-2004, 03:12 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
the c4 car sucked wind and they didnt try and develope it xray took thier car and worked on it.
now corally has a chassis that has alot of potential, they need to develope it and not sit back and say this is it.
so my friend this isnt a personel attack its an oppinion just like you have one.
when you tell someone to shut up be prepared to get a counter attack.
so keep it politically clean!
Firstly I never said anytyhing about the Assassin, it has had some problems but they will be worked out. Secondly the Xray evo2 is imo better then the C4euro *BUT* the C4euro IMO was and is a good car. I've driven schumachers, Xrays(awsome car), xxx-s's and my corally and the only two I liked were the Xray and the C4. As for the roll centers it really isn't a problem. One thing you may have done with the car is set it up as you would a US car. I run ZERO toe-in on the rear, 1/2-1 degree camber all round and harder springs on the rear then the front. I also run a front one-way that creates overdrive. The car is sick on carpet! If I switched right now it would be to the Xray. The assassin needs a year or two to work out the bugs. This is normal, look at the tc3.

The c4 had three editions, the C4 the C4 Euro and the C4.1 they did make it better and they did develope it. Every chassis has it's limitations, corally obviously felt that they could do better with a completely different design.

If you can't get a car to work it's not necessarily the cars fault. Learn to think out of the box and be willing to put a few months into working out a suitable setup and you'll find out if it's the cars fault or yours. With that said, YOU HAVEN'T EVEN OWNED THE C4!
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:29 PM   #58
Tech Elite

no i havent owned a c4 but when 3 or 4 of your closest racing buddies curse at it and they are capable drivers and tuners then theres concern.

BUT YOU DIDNT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THE POST IT EXPLAINS THAT its my answer to the question this thread is asking not a dibate over the car works or not i am just telling it as i see it and what the people racing these cars have done. the answer is that people dont like the car for what ever reasons defend your self to that stop bashing me because i gave my oppinion.
why dont write about what you would do to get more people to use the corally product instead of attacking me. i have spoken why people dont. i for one drive a tc3 and i didnt have the intention of bashing the assasin i am just pointing out others concern bro! like i said chill out.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:37 PM   #59
Tech Adept

I guess living in a small country, on the other side of the world you get a slightly different perspective on life. We just do not have large hobby shops, we do not have any hobby shops adjacent to tracks.

I would have loved to have been able to buy parts from a local hobby shop for my C4.1. The few I needed. Instead I carried my own parts stock and now have spares I will never use. I could get parts airmailed, first from Superior Hobbies, and latterly from Corally USA, in LESS than a week. I do not understand the difficulty Americans claim in parts support. Yes I understand about instant gratification - of any and every need.

With my Assassin we now have a local importer who carries parts, despite the small number of cars here - exellent support. I am one of the large majority of people, who will never win races on a regular basis, as long as a car is competent and the Assassin certainly is, my position in races is dependent on my driving skill (or lack of) not the car I drive. I therefore prefer to buy a car that attracts me, rather than a car everyone else has.

Just a few thoughts

cheers
Peter
Pedro 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:41 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Yes but I was posting about your comment "the c4 car sucked wind". This thread is about disliking corally products. It would be incorrect to say that you dislike the Corally C4?

"why dont write about what you would do to get more people to use the corally product instead of attacking me"

Why don't you do something other then attack a car you havn't even owned or seen setup correctly? Everybody has there own driving style, some chassis just don't work with some driving styles. I drove the schumacher mission and it felt extremely numb, it wasn't that it was slow or the setup was off, it just felt numb(hence I didn't like the feel). Some people like them though. Taking opinions into consideration is fine, but I think deciding what to buy only from others opinions or experiences is rediculous. Saying a product is bad just becuase it doesn't work for you(or someone else) is why some products get bad names(corally 1/12th scales). It's a pity when they ARE good products but they just don't suit you.

"no i havent owned a c4 but when 3 or 4 of your closest racing buddies curse at it and they are capable drivers and tuners then theres concern."

Once again I come back to the tuning idea. How long did they have the car before replacing it? a month? I doubt it... If you set it up as you would a US car it WILL handle like CRAP! I run zero rear toe-in(most US cars like rear toe)and harder springs on the rear then the front(how many Us cars like this?). I also run a front one-way that creates overdrive. I doubt your friends tried "out of the box" setups, hence their frustration with the car. Adding rear toe-in or softer rear springs to the C4 makes it more prone to spinning out, unlike most cars(at least that's my experience).
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote