R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
Moole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 28
Default New on touring car

hey guys

just want to hear your opinion and suggestion for improvements:

i want to buy:


TA05v.2
Hobbywing Ezrun BL set 5.5
Team Orion Rocket Lipo 4000 25C

3racing alum shocks
3racing alum mixing arm
Low friction drive belt
TOBEE turn buckle blue
Yeah racing washer blue

Thanks

Moole
__________________
Traxxas Slash - Mamba Max 5700
Tamiya F103 RM - Yeah Racing Brushless
Moole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
Tech Addict
 
ZEe_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 560
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moole View Post

i want to buy:


Yokomo BD5
ORCA BL system
Trakpower LiPo's


Thanks

Moole

looks pretty good so far. good choices
__________________
what's an analog?
ZEe_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
Tech Initiate
 
Moole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC View Post
looks pretty good so far. good choices
to chance someones quote sucks.. i dont ask for db5...
__________________
Traxxas Slash - Mamba Max 5700
Tamiya F103 RM - Yeah Racing Brushless
Moole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moole View Post
hey guys

just want to hear your opinion and suggestion for improvements:

i want to buy:


TA05v.2
Hobbywing Ezrun BL set 5.5
Team Orion Rocket Lipo 4000 25C

3racing alum shocks
3racing alum mixing arm
Low friction drive belt
TOBEE turn buckle blue
Yeah racing washer blue

Thanks

Moole
I think the TOBEE turnbuckles are alu... depending on where you want to put them I would suggest rather titanium ( front) and leave the alu for the rear.

You can (or at least could) get blue titanium - I think thats first prize.

Shocks , if for racing and you have a few spare $$ , get TRF shocks.
gimpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Tech Initiate
 
Moole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 28
Default

thanks for your answer gimpex.

yes right. the tobee turn buckles are alu.

the trf shocks are expensive...

does it make a big different if i would take these "no name" 3racing shocks?

3racing - 20 $
trf - 45


Moole
__________________
Traxxas Slash - Mamba Max 5700
Tamiya F103 RM - Yeah Racing Brushless
Moole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
Tech Adept
 
nutsisneat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 101
Default

25 $ difference is very well spent money.
TRF shocks are the best. I use them on my TC5 for 3 years with no issues...
nutsisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
Tech Initiate
 
Moole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 28
Default

ok... if its a good investment.

what is the other most inportant tuning part?
__________________
Traxxas Slash - Mamba Max 5700
Tamiya F103 RM - Yeah Racing Brushless
Moole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
sportpak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,314
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

What are your intentions with the car? Race, bash, drift, ect??

Save the money on belts and get the TRF shocks and titanium turn buckles.

Make sure you get that 5.5 geared correctly.

I had a TA05 for a while. It was little portly, but was pretty dialed for what it was on rubber/carpet. Have fun man.

Ben
__________________
-Tamiya TA05-R - Tamiya M05 - Summit Raceway Ft. Wayne, IN

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #9
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moole View Post
ok... if its a good investment.

what is the other most inportant tuning part?
Like someone said above , depends if its for racing or bashing

I have a TA05IFS with lots up upgrades , some just for the blue bling factor

If for racing you may consider changing spur from 70T to 105T - this will give you wider choice of gearing. If you do that route , you will need a new centre plate which covers the spur gear ( K10 on original kit). The kit covers the spur , and with a bigger spur you need an open one. You can get either blue alu or graphite.

Also , I got the titanium screw kit , which reduces weight (I think its only 20g ) , but its stronger (and hex )

Get a good set of tools - it will last and not strip , plus measuring/setup tools if racing

For blue bling - yes to front/rear bulkheads (very visible) , no to any alum pieces in the front ( turnbuckles , steeing blocks etc ) , I found it bends / breaks too easily when you hit something ....and you WILL hit something
gimpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #10
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default

Should also mention , if racing you will probably need some suspension mounts to change toe in .....if not racing its just more expensive blue on your car
gimpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #11
Tech Initiate
 
Moole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpex View Post
Like someone said above , depends if its for racing or bashing

I have a TA05IFS with lots up upgrades , some just for the blue bling factor

If for racing you may consider changing spur from 70T to 105T - this will give you wider choice of gearing. If you do that route , you will need a new centre plate which covers the spur gear ( K10 on original kit). The kit covers the spur , and with a bigger spur you need an open one. You can get either blue alu or graphite.

Also , I got the titanium screw kit , which reduces weight (I think its only 20g ) , but its stronger (and hex )

Get a good set of tools - it will last and not strip , plus measuring/setup tools if racing

For blue bling - yes to front/rear bulkheads (very visible) , no to any alum pieces in the front ( turnbuckles , steeing blocks etc ) , I found it bends / breaks too easily when you hit something ....and you WILL hit something
what spurgear/pinion do i need if i want to race on the track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
What are your intentions with the car? Race, bash, drift, ect??

Save the money on belts and get the TRF shocks and titanium turn buckles.

Make sure you get that 5.5 geared correctly.

I had a TA05 for a while. It was little portly, but was pretty dialed for what it was on rubber/carpet. Have fun man.

Ben
for sure i want to race on the track

whats the right gear for the 5.5?
__________________
Traxxas Slash - Mamba Max 5700
Tamiya F103 RM - Yeah Racing Brushless
Moole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moole View Post
what spurgear/pinion do i need if i want to race on the track?



for sure i want to race on the track

whats the right gear for the 5.5?
Maybe someone else can give more specific input, but the gearing depends a lot on the track. I run a TA05IFS with internal gearing 2,25 (v2 is 2,055) , and with a 105 spur I go from 32 on a tight indoor carpet track to 39/40 on a larger outdoor track with more flowing corners. That is with a 23T brushed motor.

Lower FDR ( final drive ratio) gives you higher top speed with lower acceleration
Higher FDR gives you lower top speed with better acceleration

FDR = spur / pinion x Int Ratio

My advice : Get the car , go to your first race , remember that to finish first you first have to finish , and take it from there.... ...and have fun !!
gimpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car rcKenon.com Electric On-Road 1861 07-08-2013 09:49 AM
Reversible ESC on touring car. Do or don't? BADAZZPSD Electric On-Road 11 12-24-2007 01:04 AM
What is the BEST on touring car 2 buy onslack Nitro On-Road 45 10-12-2004 07:36 PM
New Losi Touring Car Spied TRESFR Electric On-Road 137 08-04-2004 07:16 PM
Wanted Good Deal On Touring Car ztdw3etsu R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 9 01-12-2004 10:00 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:46 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net