Would anyone buy a revised XXX-S?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would anyone buy a revised XXX-S?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

That's the prototype. I was lucky enough to see David Spashett use one of these at my local track (before it was burnt down - scrotes ). The thing was immense and looked even better in the flesh.

I would love to see a release of this design. Maybe incorporate some of the newer design tweaks on the type r into this.

The battery would need to be mounted way close to the centreline too.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wow...Had never seen the prototype before. Nice. Notice the motor location as compared to the production car...behind the motor vs. ahead. Hmmm. I wonder why they never produced it and went with a completely different structure. I'm guessing the Team guys on carpet may have had some say. The G+ is still one of the stiffest cars out there.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That IS the car that was produced. They could not test the design any other way, being that they wanted to have a tub car. There were spy shots of the TC3 as a 2 plate car during development as well.

I was in Grand Rapids MI when Losi was testing the car in the picture before the US Indoor Champs. Gil Jr said he wanted a plastic tub car so there would not be a tweak issue. The graphite plate version was just a test mule, no intention of producing a car like that.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yes in deed, it's not an outdated design. Infact....

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
That's the prototype. I was lucky enough to see David Spashett use one of these at my local track (before it was burnt down - scrotes ). The thing was immense and looked even better in the flesh.

I would love to see a release of this design. Maybe incorporate some of the newer design tweaks on the type r into this.

The battery would need to be mounted way close to the centreline too.
it works very well for today's brush less and lipos. I don't understand why Losi can't see it. I think think TC designers have settled on what works now and a revised XXX-S fits the bill with some design tweaking.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd pay some good cash to get my hands on one of those old prototype xxx-s cars, if they produced that car I would buy one.

Last edited by Tim W.; 11-05-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

another view

The prototype was years ahead of its time.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Doesn't Gil Losi Jr. use this forum ?? Somebody should contact him and see where those prototype cars are. If the chassis, bulkheads and any other unique pieces were made available as a conversion , I think we would buy them. Then again...I wonder how much of the existing suspension and drivetrain the proto car actually used.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default Nice pic.

Originally Posted by Tim W.
another view

The prototype was years ahead of its time.

Looks like the spur is centered? Wish I could see what the motor mount looks like. I don't think it had a two peice bulk head design either which would be a must.

We should start a petition. I'll look into it. I've see petitions work first hand. I'll post the link when I set it up. It's easy and only takes a min. It's up to us old Losi XXX-S fans to create some buzz. lol

I know very little about crawling but I've heard some talk about canting the gear boxes. Anyone here know what affect that has on traction? Could this apply to the XXX-S belt design being slightly canted or angled? I know nothing about this affect or if it applies to TC. lol Ok so it don't apply to TC but could someone explain to me what this does. lol

Last edited by RCknight; 11-05-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Good Luck, for I doubt Horizon has any interest in doing a new onroad car since the last one was a money loss to them. They don't even have anyone racing onroad for them anymore other then maybe at the local level. I will stick with my Type R since it is way more balanced then this would be with all the weight you have to put on the battery side to balance it out. I hate taping batteries to a car to. I like the simple tray design on the Type R as well.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Screw it...

I love this design stuff too much I'm going to buy CAD and play around. I have lots of ideas in my head.

Anyone recommend a version of CAD that's easy and will work well with RC?
Old 11-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

That wasn't the only twin deck carbon chassis with a single belt, there was also the -

Kawada Sigma:

Robitronic ETC V2:

Corally Assassin with direct drive option:

Old 11-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

solid works and solid edge are 2 of the best design programs around, but at over £1000+ (minimum) a licsense plus the need of a VERY good spec PC (preferably with dual monitors, and lots of experiance of CAD it's not really a good option.....

Luke
Old 11-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz
That wasn't the only twin deck carbon chassis with a single belt, there was also the -

Kawada Sigma:

Robitronic ETC V2:

Corally Assassin with direct drive option:
wow never seen them before!
Old 11-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Also the assasin had the spur gear mounted to the rear diff. The used a alot of the suspension on the original RDX. I used to handle decent.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Those are some cool designs there, but...

I'm thinking something closer to T3 with XXX-S prototype hinge pin blocks and Pro 4 arms. Those blocks would make it easier to shim.

John Stranahan made some great points about the XXX-S that I just read. I guess the question is can it be a good stock car? I think brushless has changed that some, but will people think they need the shaft drive free wheel. lol I wish we could see a revised tub car as well as a plate car, but that will never happen. I want something with sealed drive train and I don't understand why Losi took the XXX-S off the market. It's a great all around car that's not costing them anything. I wish they would continue the graphite parts. Losi doesn't have to mill the chassis.

Last edited by RCknight; 11-07-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.