Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
lipo balance plug in the wrong way >

lipo balance plug in the wrong way

lipo balance plug in the wrong way

Old 10-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default lipo balance plug in the wrong way

Today when i started to charge my batteries, i accidentally put the balance plug the wrong way in, there was a slight pop (probably a spark) and a weird smell that went away. There was NO smoke or anything. The pack has been sitting so far, i checked the voltage and everything seems fine, 3.75v, 3.74v - 7.50v. I don't think there is anything wrong with them. I'll probably turn down the amps in my charger and do a slow charge on it. What do you guys think?
Old 10-31-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ay Way Way
Today when i started to charge my batteries, i accidentally put the balance plug the wrong way in, there was a slight pop (probably a spark) and a weird smell that went away. There was NO smoke or anything. The pack has been sitting so far, i checked the voltage and everything seems fine, 3.75v, 3.74v - 7.50v. I don't think there is anything wrong with them. I'll probably turn down the amps in my charger and do a slow charge on it. What do you guys think?
Just a matter of time after full charged....
Old 10-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ay Way Way
I seriously doubt anything is wrong with the cells. Probably some of the covering on one of the balance wires burnt a bit, thus the weird smell.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

You might have damaged the balancing circuit on the charger. Check that everything is operating normally the next time you hook it up to the charger.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

ive done this too the lipo wasnt hurt at all but the plug in balancer box for my venom charger was screwed but the charger worked fine