R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #61
Tech Addict
 
Jam-ehz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz
Default

Here's a posting at one of our local tracks, regarding the new X12's from Steve Bortolotti, our local Tamiya racer/rep.

-----------------------------------------------
Now that the Reedy x12 13.5's have hit the shelves, I just want to notify everyone of the MAJOR gearing difference between these motors and the original x11's that some of you may already have. Since the TCS race is coming up on Sunday, I'd hate to see the GT1 guys blowing these up due to confusion as to what gear to run. The final drive ratio you should be shooting for with this motor is between 6-6.3. On the Tamiya 416 you will want to run something between 33-35t pinion with the stock timing on the motor. I am telling you this because I know I am (and a lot of others) are running between 44-47t pinion on the x11 motor.

Hope this helps some of you out so you don't over-heat your motors,

Steve
_________________
Tamiya | Reedy | LRP | XXX-Main
2008 Tamiya GT1 North American Champion

Original post: http://fastcats.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5814
__________________
-=≡ Tamiya TA05 TRF415MSX F103R M-03R M-04 M-05 ≡=-
-=≡ CRC Carpet Knife 3.2 OFNA LD3 Pro Fastcats Spektrum ׀ווlı ≡=-
Jam-ehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #62
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
Here's a posting at one of our local tracks, regarding the new X12's from Steve Bortolotti, our local Tamiya racer/rep.

-----------------------------------------------
Now that the Reedy x12 13.5's have hit the shelves, I just want to notify everyone of the MAJOR gearing difference between these motors and the original x11's that some of you may already have. Since the TCS race is coming up on Sunday, I'd hate to see the GT1 guys blowing these up due to confusion as to what gear to run. The final drive ratio you should be shooting for with this motor is between 6-6.3. On the Tamiya 416 you will want to run something between 33-35t pinion with the stock timing on the motor. I am telling you this because I know I am (and a lot of others) are running between 44-47t pinion on the x11 motor.

Hope this helps some of you out so you don't over-heat your motors,

Steve
_________________
Tamiya | Reedy | LRP | XXX-Main
2008 Tamiya GT1 North American Champion

Original post: http://fastcats.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5814

In addition to what Steve said you should also turn down the timing in your SC.

We have been running our 13.5t at 6.30 or less final drive. Using box timing insert, which is oo dot, and a SPX on TP#6. Motor is very fast and runs 165F.

If you "have to" run more SC timing I would recommend going to a oooo dot insert and lowering the gear to around 7.00 to start, it might be necessary to go even lower. Motor will most likely run closer to 200F this way.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #63
Tech Regular
 
masterhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 475
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
We have been running our 13.5t at 6.30 or less final drive. Using box timing insert, which is oo dot, and a SPX on TP#6. Motor is very fast and runs 165F.
Do you have a recommended starting FDR for the 17.5 X-12 in rubber touring?

Thanks,

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:43 AM   #64
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfong13 View Post
You guys who have already ran the new x-12 stock spec motors, have you noticed that they run hottor that your previous motors? I just got my x-12 13.5 but haven't had a chance to run it yet. I had a Duo 2 13.5 with a 6.2 FDR and ran around 150F.
The temp depends on the gearing and the setting in your esc. If you run esc with stock programs which advances the timing, expect to have to change the gearing...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:10 AM   #65
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Has this motor been tested with the black diamond?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #66
Tech Regular
 
dsyed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 341
Default

any news on when the SXX StockSpec speed control is being released for the US market?
dsyed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #67
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Modena
Posts: 39
Default diffs between spx and sxx stock

Hi,which would be the main differences between spx stock spec and sxx stock spec? Tnx!
bazspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:38 AM   #68
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Melbourne, OZ
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC
Default

Subscribe
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:29 AM   #69
Tech Addict
 
Robert_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Netherlands, Sweet Lake City
Posts: 500
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Guy's

Has anyone tested these X12 10,5T motor's in a 1:12 scale?
What gearing should you use on a large track.

And wat timing insert do you recommend to use in the 1:12 scale? The oooo with SPX Profile 6? Or something different?

thanks for helping me out.

Best Regards

Robert
__________________
Sponsored by: Schumacher Racing and Dualsky
Supported by: Shepherd Benelux and Thunder Tiger.
Robert_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:54 AM   #70
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Has this motor been tested with the black diamond?
EA ran the X-12 17.5 with the BD ESC at the Indoor Champs.
__________________
*** The Gate - Celebrating 8 years at the same location ***
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:57 AM   #71
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_K View Post
Guy's

Has anyone tested these X12 10,5T motor's in a 1:12 scale?
What gearing should you use on a large track.

And wat timing insert do you recommend to use in the 1:12 scale? The oooo with SPX Profile 6? Or something different?

thanks for helping me out.

Best Regards

Robert
Robert,

I would start with profile 6 with the speedo and 0000 dot timing and try something close to 40 /80 and go up from there. This should be a good starting point. When i ran the motor i used the SXX on profile 10 and ran a gear of 40/80 with 1.72 tires . run it like this and temp it and go up from there. some people where 3-5 teeth higher.

Hope this helps.

Mike
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED, SMC BATTERIES, REEDY MOTORS, JACO TIRES, RADIOPOST RADIOS, LRP ELECTRONICS, PROTOFORM BODIES, MAKITA POWER TOOLS, KICKER PEFORMANCE AUDIO, KOLORS BY KROPY, MUCH-, RSD

Last edited by Mike Blackstock; 12-04-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #72
Tech Addict
 
Robert_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Netherlands, Sweet Lake City
Posts: 500
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Mike, I'm going to try it :-)

Greetings Robert
__________________
Sponsored by: Schumacher Racing and Dualsky
Supported by: Shepherd Benelux and Thunder Tiger.
Robert_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #73
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhit View Post
Do you have a recommended starting FDR for the 17.5 X-12 in rubber touring?

Thanks,

Mike Slaughter


+1
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:08 AM   #74
Tech Elite
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,580
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

SO I GUESS this sxx stockspec really isnt coming out any time soon..
__________________
Thinking on maybe a Tekno 1/8 Nitro Buggy?
TommyBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #75
Tech Addict
 
burito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 511
Default

I had mentioned in the other thread about release date for SXX StockSpec: http://www.rctech.net/forum/6526945-post810.html

Obviously it is december now... but as I mentioned in my previous reply, there may be small delays due to component shortages!
As it looks right now we start shipping SXX StockSpec to distributors and shops in mid/late January.
__________________
Reto Koenig
burito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:30 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net