Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Vector X12 StockSpec and SXX stockspec

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
Whats up with the new Octa-wind motors? Will they make these 2nd gen motors for 17.5 & 13.5?
Would also like to know this... anyone?
Old 12-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bfong13
TJ,

Yeah, that's something I might try again. Felix and I tried it the other night. We used Profile 7 with a FDR of 7.2 but the motor temp was 200+ deg. To remedy this, I might try profile 7 and retard the timing and use either the 3-dot (X-5deg) or 4-dot (X-10deg).
I tried the same thing profile 7, 7.2 final, but 4 dot. I think it needs more like 8 final or so. That and +5 deg, profile 6 is on my list of stuff to try.

Paul
Old 12-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

For those trying to decide on what speedo, this is what I have found. I have the SPX and am looking to buy another speedo but I think I have to buy another SPX because I run 10.5 and up.

The SPX- specially developed for stock racing and Fully dual purpose and excellently suited for both stock and modified racing.

The SXX TC-Spec- Perfect speed control for 1/10 Onroad (Touring car MODIFIED) and 4wd Offroad MODIFIED.

SXX Competition - Specially developed for 1/12 Onroad and 2wd Offroad.

SPX Brushless Competition Stock-Spec ESC-
Get the edge over the competition with this speed control specially developed for stock racing. Features improved hardware and our special “Stock Spec” software which increases stock motor performance significantly. Fully dual purpose and excellently suited for both stock and modified racing, the power profile 5-8 is specially for “Stock Spec” and 1-4 profile is ideally suited to modified racing.

Features:
- Automatic brushless/brushed adaptation
- Advanced digital with 4 adjustable modes
- ADPC-Advanced Digital Phase Control
- Stock and modified power profiles
- Ice Drive Design
- Automatic NiMH/LiPo adaptation
- Optimised for the use with 4, 5 and 6 Sub-C cells
- Launch control
- Internal-Temp-Check System
- 3.0A BEC
- Blue LEDs
- Weight only 24.5g
- Multi-Protection-System
- External soldering tabs
- 2,6mm power-wire
- Sensored design

SXX TC-Spec Brushless ESC-
LRP sets new standards and is conquering R/C-racing worldwide!SXX series is a complete redesign of the super-successful SPHERE series and boosts brushless performance into a new dimension. LRP once again confirms and proves its leading position in brushless technology.

The all new SXX TC spec represent the best of today’s brushless speed control! With its new ADPC 2 software, low profile heatsink and plugged fan, optimised Internal Temp Check System 2 and many more great features results in a perfect speed control for 1/10 Onroad (Touringcar modified) and 4wd Offroad modified.

- C3 Technology: Revolutionary Copper Core Cooling technology for lowest running temperatures
- New X.Brake: Stronger brake and 10 autobrake setting for perfect adjustments.
- New ADPC 2 software: 10 power profiles, includes all profiles used by the team.
- Extra small size: 30.5x34x21mm
- Optimised Internal Temp Check System 2: Allows you to read out the maximum internal temperature that the speedo has reached.
- Sensored design
- AutoCell System: Automatic NiMH-LiPo adaptation
- Externally removable power capacitor and 3.3mm2 power cable

Motorlimit: over 3.0T (7.4V)
Rec. Motorlimit Brushless: over 2.5T (6.0V)
Voltage Input: 4.8-7.4V
Type: Forward / Brake

SXX Competition Brushless ESC-
LRP sets new standards and is conquering R/C-racing worldwide! SXX series is a complete redesign of the super-successful SPHERE series and boosts brushless performance into a new dimension. LRP once again confirms and proves its leading position in brushless technology.

High-tech features and matched components is what makes the all new SXX Competition the highest performing speed control today. This completely new revolutionary speed control set new benchmarks is brushless speed-control technology. The SXX Competition is specially developed for 1/12 Onroad and 2wd Offroad.

- C3 Technology: Revolutionary Copper Core Cooling technology for lowest running temperatures
- New X.Brake: Stronger brake and 10 autobrake setting for perfect adjustments.
- New ADPC 2 software: 10 power profiles, includes all profiles used by the team.
- Extra small size: 30.5x34x16mm
- Optimised Internal Temp Check System 2: Allows you to read out the maximum internal temperature that the speedo has reached.
- Sensored design
- AutoCell System: Automatic NiMH-LiPo adaptation
- Externally removable power capacitor and 2.6mm2 power cable
- only 16mm high

Motorlimit: over 4.5T (7.4V)
Rec. Motorlimit Brushless: over 4.0T (6.0V)
Voltage Input: 4.8-7.4V Type Forward / Brake
Old 12-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gonzo416
For those trying to decide on what speedo, this is what I have found. I have the SPX and am looking to buy another speedo but I think I have to buy another SPX because I run 10.5 and up.

The SPX- specially developed for stock racing and Fully dual purpose and excellently suited for both stock and modified racing.

The SXX TC-Spec- Perfect speed control for 1/10 Onroad (Touring car MODIFIED) and 4wd Offroad MODIFIED.

SXX Competition - Specially developed for 1/12 Onroad and 2wd Offroad.
I do agree with your comment but the SXX Stock Spec ESC will have totally different characteristics than the SXX Competion ESC and might be better comparable with the SPX Stock Spec.

We'll have to wait until Mid January to know the specs.

Erik
Old 12-29-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
I tried the same thing profile 7, 7.2 final, but 4 dot. I think it needs more like 8 final or so. That and +5 deg, profile 6 is on my list of stuff to try.

Paul
Did you find that with profile 7 and 7.2 FDR that it ran hot?

I'm thinking that the way to go is with either 1) profile 6, around 7+ FDR, and the 1-dot (+5deg) or 2) profile 6, 2-dot timing, and really aggressive FDR of 6 or less.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Did you find that with profile 7 and 7.2 FDR that it ran hot?

I'm thinking that the way to go is with either 1) profile 6, around 7+ FDR, and the 1-dot (+5deg) or 2) profile 6, 2-dot timing, and really aggressive FDR of 6 or less.

With Profile 7 and 7.2, 4 dot after about a minute is was already at 185 degrees but the motor had zero punch and was only fast at the end of the straight. So thats why I think we need a final of 8 or maybe more.

I think you are right! So far my best setup on a carpet track is profile 6, 2 dot, 6.2 final.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stical
I do agree with your comment but the SXX Stock Spec ESC will have totally different characteristics than the SXX Competion ESC and might be better comparable with the SPX Stock Spec.

We'll have to wait until Mid January to know the specs.

Erik
He was talking about the current SXX TC spec only and did not mention the upcoming SXX StockSpec which will be released next month....should probably wait for that one and not buy now out of date SPX...

Great copying of the LRP sales material though....

Old 12-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
He was talking about the current SXX TC spec only and did not mention the upcoming SXX StockSpec which will be released next month....should probably wait for that one and not buy now out of date SPX...

Great copying of the LRP sales material though....

I reacted because he was talking about the SPX Stock Spec compared to the current SXX models out there hence I made the comment that the SXX Stock Spec might be a good one to compare with since they're both Stock Spec.

I also wanted to buy the SPX Stock Spec to start in Stock class but did hold my horses luckily a week before they announced the SXX Stock Spec.

Since as a newcomer I'm more interested in 1s 3.7V Lipo I feel the SXX Stock Spec will suit me better.

Indeed as you stated I'm sold already but no sales percentage coming my way
Old 12-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by stical
I reacted because he was talking about the SPX Stock Spec compared to the current SXX models out there hence I made the comment that the SXX Stock Spec might be a good one to compare with since they're both Stock Spec.

I also wanted to buy the SPX Stock Spec to start in Stock class but did hold my horses luckily a week before they announced the SXX Stock Spec.

Since as a newcomer I'm more interested in 1s 3.7V Lipo I feel the SXX Stock Spec will suit me better.

Indeed as you stated I'm sold already but no sales percentage coming my way
I didn't know about the SXX Stock Spec. Is it able to handle 1S and 2S?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Initiate

From my understanding with the new Twin-BEC something it should handle 1s
but I don't know the further details.

Person to ask is "burito" (Reto Koenig LRP ) but he is on holidays now from what I've read in a previous post.

My guess once it comes out or the prototypes are considered ok , the final specs will be given.

Erik
Old 12-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Yes.
If you go to www.lrp.cc you can download the 2010 catalog.
Check out page 53...

Now it is my turn to copy from the LRP sales stuff...

SXX STOCKSPEC
Dual ADPCmax Software: Individuelle Einstellung von „Feel“ und „Boost“
für maximale Flexibilität und höchste Power in allen Klassen, bei allen
Zellentypen und allen Motoren.
TwinBEC: Eine wahre Revolution! Konstanter 6V/3A Output mit 3.0V bis 7.4V
Akkuspannung. Kein Empfängerakku mit 1S oder 4 Zellen notwendig
Revolutionäres Internal-Temp-Check System 3: Ermöglicht das Auslesen der

SXX STOCKSPEC
Best.Nr. 80910
Spannungsbereich nominal 3.7-7.4V
B.E.C. 6.0V/3.0A

Old 12-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

When Tekin drops their new software in a few days, and makes their 2 year old hardware just as capable as anything available today, how do we justify buying a whole new ESC for the software profiles?

LRP won me over with the fact that their software is so reliable, and ahead of its time, but I've gotta tell yah, after buying two SPX's and watching Tekin slowly catch up and overtake them with the same hardware they used to overtake the TC Spec, and free software updates, it's hard to justify buying MORE hardware to get back to status quo with the SXX Stock Spec. Reto, I'd pay double what Tekin asks for an LRP ESC that got regular software updates. You guys do such great work, but I feel like the SPX might be my last fixed firmware ESC.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
With Profile 7 and 7.2, 4 dot after about a minute is was already at 185 degrees but the motor had zero punch and was only fast at the end of the straight. So thats why I think we need a final of 8 or maybe more.

I think you are right! So far my best setup on a carpet track is profile 6, 2 dot, 6.2 final.
Tonight I tried profile 7, 4-dot timing, and 6 FDR and the X-12 was very fast. Also, no real problem with temp, which was around 170 deg F. However, from what I'm hearing, these motors run hotter than you would expect. Might want to give it a try. I think it was better than profile 6 and 2-dot.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Tonight I tried profile 7, 4-dot timing, and 6 FDR and the X-12 was very fast. Also, no real problem with temp, which was around 170 deg F. However, from what I'm hearing, these motors run hotter than you would expect. Might want to give it a try. I think it was better than profile 6 and 2-dot.
Those were some crazy FDRs that were working tonight. I ended up with 4 dot timing, profile 7, @ a 5.0 FDR. I wasn't giving up much to some very fast 13.5s.

I feel the flowing layout contributed to the manageable temps and low FDRs compared to the carpet tracks that myself and Paul are used to.

Mike Slaughter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.