Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
At the end of the day pretty much every speedo's "turbo" system is just throwing more timing at the motor. The MMP has a system built in for this already so while they don't label it as a turbo system it does the same thing. The only thing they lack is the ability to set a starting point for the timing which on some motors should be higher than zero. This can however be done on your motor itself. This would also allow you to have more than 50 degrees total timing. Weather this works better or not will depend on how you use it.

I don't know about cogging issues with throttle curve as all this changes is how much throttle input = how much motor output as certain points.

Anyway I ran a MMP for the 1st time this weekend. 17.5 duo 1 at FDR 6.5 with 4600-13000 50 degrees. I didn't have a fan on the motor which limited things a bit but was able to run with the fastest Tekin in every way on the straight. I didn't see any difference and we had a battle happening for a little while. One big difference though was the launch at the start of the race. This thing MOVES off the line compared to the rest of the field. It was however much bigger which some ppl won't like and I noticed the brakes were weak at high rpm and strong down low. Kinda made it hard to consistently pull up into hairpins.

Anyway quite nice really.
I know most of the Turbo system's are throwing more timing at the motor, but other system's also have different ramps for these "Turbo's" and "Superchargers". What i would like is to be able to have some more cheat timing or a "Turbo" to add just a little more like 10 degrees.

I too like the amount of punch this thing has, it maybe a little big, but with the fan off its a bit easier to mount. At my track the MMP's are really dominating, which is awesome
Old 03-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
installed a new MMP for my MOD car since my GTB when up in smoke but I'm having problem calibrating the ESC to my radio Ko Helios with Spek Pro... I haven't had this issues before...
The problem will most likely be that the 2.4ghz takes a while to start up and the speedy will turn on before hand and you need to use full throttle to calibrate the speedy. But when you use castle link you can change the arming time to 3 4 or 5 seconds and your radio will have binded properly by then.
Hope this helps!!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
I know most of the Turbo system's are throwing more timing at the motor, but other system's also have different ramps for these "Turbo's" and "Superchargers". What i would like is to be able to have some more cheat timing or a "Turbo" to add just a little more like 10 degrees.

I too like the amount of punch this thing has, it maybe a little big, but with the fan off its a bit easier to mount. At my track the MMP's are really dominating, which is awesome
If you think you need more then try adding that 10 degrees to the motor and see how it goes.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all, ran my WGT car this weekend at the Minnesota state onroad champs, I WON WGT with my Mamba max pro, here are the setting I used...
cheat mode rpm from 2500 to 7600, timing max at 34 degrees, motor was an old Novak 13.5 with some timing advance at the endbell, rollout was 64.6 mm, I did not have much time to play with different setting, only one 5 minute practice, a 4 quals, i tried a higher timing advance but the motor faded bad, motor was about 160 on temp most runs, I was close to the fastest all day, one CRC Black diamond sponsered car was a little quicker, but had a rougher main... It was hard to try different settings, I am the only MMP driver around here... My ESC is a regular one modded to one cell...
Attached Thumbnails Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC-bmi-3-29-10-012.jpg  
Old 03-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Smile

I run MMP with LRP X12 13.5 this weekend it run very well against LRP and Tekin guys It was a good race racing with some fast guys on my track I have been conservative with my setup on ESC and motor since X12 brushless motor tends to over heat... I did very well even though I did not play with my setup much I still manage to keep up and I stii got the most punch out the corners. Untill the car hesitate on the straight and put my car on the wall...

well anyways I haven't been focusing on stock much lately I'm having a blast running mod.. It's getting bigger at my local track...
Old 03-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I run MMP with LRP X12 13.5 this weekend it run very well against LRP and Tekin guys It was a good race racing with some fast guys on my track I have been conservative with my setup on ESC and motor since X12 brushless motor tends to over heat... I did very well even though I did not play with my setup much I still manage to keep up and I stii got the most punch out the corners. Untill the car hesitate on the straight and put my car on the wall...

well anyways I haven't been focusing on stock much lately I'm having a blast running mod.. It's getting bigger at my local track...

X12 motors like to run hot, pretty much anything under 220*F is good
Old 03-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

My temp was at 170-180 degree on X12 with 4 dot inserts (-10 degree timing) again I was just being conservative on my setup... Since I was mainly focusing on running MOD this weekend... But eventhough with a conservative setup car was a mesille except for the cogging issue cause of the positive throttle curve I have...
Old 03-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I can't wait to run the x12 5,5t I just got in the mail this morning . So far I really like the mmp for mod. I havr been running a tekin redline 5,5t in the mean tme but the x12 should be better.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

MOD is a lot of fun no more messing with ESC trying to find the Motor/esc combo of the week... All you have to is a really good setup and go fast... So far my MI4 is hooked-up I TQ last weekends race almost two laps ahead untill I burn up my GTB the fan went overheat the ESC and smoke it, So now I got a new MMP on my mod car...
Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Nice... Yeah this summer should be a good outdoor season as it looks like mod is gaining popularity and also glad I don't have to mess with the speedo with laptops. So yea mods going to be awesome this year.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

I used to run for a couple of years my GM 7T with my mamba max,sensorless of course, without any cogging issue.Now with the same motor and the Mamba Max Pro i have some cogging issue on start up.I tried both, sensored and sensorless mode but cogging is still there.With my 17.5T works great.Do i have to wait for some software update from Castle?

Last edited by Born2Run; 04-01-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

Is there anybody who runs low turn mod.sensored having cogging issues with the MMP or im the only one?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Is there anybody who runs low turn mod.sensored having cogging issues with the MMP or im the only one?
Probably your timing is to high.
Lower turn motor's don't like to much timing.
So how lower the turns on the motor, the mower you must set your timing.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

well i ran the mmp with a 13.5 lrp x.12 practise at our local track today at aldershot, hampshire and the car was a missile. on crap tyres xray 008 was pretty good. i was messing around with the drag brake and the cheat timing advance. initially ran it at 35 degs. went to 50 and felt like i could gear down about 3 teeth on 48dp!
changed back to 35 on the mmp and left the motor as kit timing, 2 dots i think. i did run some 3800 mah lipo and the mmp did not like them a bit. ran at about half speed after 1 minute. i did notice the mmp was pretty thursty on the 5000 40C lipo's. the motor after about 8-9 mins was 40/110 degs. so not hot at all. strange about the batts never had that before?
it did feel like the frag brake was delaying about.2 of a second on lift off, so i increased the drag brake to 110% and that cured it.
the mmp does take a little messing around, i set the cheat rpm initially at 10,000, that was a mistake as it revved out 1/3 down the straight!
on the whole, pretty happy.
ed/tryhard. we shall have to meet up at AMCC soon and swap notes. cheers .rob baxter
Old 04-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikky32
Probably your timing is to high.
Lower turn motor's don't like to much timing.
So how lower the turns on the motor, the mower you must set your timing.
Timing on esc has been set on low and on the motor is in the middle position (under B) so i don't think it's to high.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.