Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i ordered one last friday from superior hobbies and i havent got it yet but i think thats because of all the snow here in maryland. I ordered mine for touring 17.5 and was wandering, should i use the fan. nobody at my local track uses it on theirs but i have heard that they can get a little warm
Old 02-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Well, we will see what happens. I called them to confirm they had it in stock and that if I placed an online order after hanging up the phone that they would be able to ship today; to which they said "yes & yes". So I placed the order: $6.50 USPS Priority Shipping and I used PayPal (I am in NC USA). Hope it all works out because I went ahead and cancelled the one I had on backorder since 1/3 with Tower.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

with the cheat mode did anyone have to change there fdr to keep the heat down.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

can anyone compare this speedie to a tekin v203?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The new 3.25 update on the Mamba Max Pro ESC is on the castle site.

http://www.castlecreations.com/downloads.html
Old 02-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hacker
can anyone compare this speedie to a tekin v203?
I dont think so, I run the Tekin at my Local track on Carpet w/a 17.5 and 12th 17.5 as well and Im yet to see anything Faster than it, YET!!!!....I have about three of them.I have seen what the Mamba pro can do in just about every car on Road course. We have taken the case apart and slimmed it down, shrinkwraped the ESC and its been in cars and done some SERIOUS testing and it isnt far off, but not the V203. Fast as Fudge, but not for on-road stuff.
But the Castle stuff is Great too, i would say that a Person looking for something a little more than there current B.L. ESC like a VXL from Traxxas, then the Mamba will do it for you. and with the Castle link youll have endless possiabletys.

I actually just brought one home from the shop where i work and plan to put it in a Electric Monster truck. So plan on beating the Black off it in it. I love the fact its way cheaper and can handle pretty much any combo a Basher could throw at it.... I just know there reliable ESC's and there Customer service is Phenomenal....

On another note i hope no one takes me a bashing your guys thread just commenting. I plan on giving feedback as soon as i get enough motivation to install it in my Truck.

Also on thing i can say Castle has the 1/8th stuff on point. that is the most PRoven System to date. We wont even put a RX8 in the Case.....
Old 02-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I'm going to be switching motors on my car (running mmp) and I'm curious about the gearing difference. I'm going from a Duo 2 to a Ballistic 17.5, does the ballistic need to be geared any different?

Next question, how can I tell what rpm my car is at certain points? I'm experimenting as much as possible to get the most out of the mmp but I'm not having much luck yet (compared to the people running tekins). I just can't keep up with the tekin's on the straight or the full throttle sweepers.

Right now I am trying the following:

T3
FDR - 6.26 (also tried 7.09 and 7.34 this evening)
CHEAT - 50 degrees 3,800 - 7,700
Temp is about 180 at the end of six minute runs.

I was trying fdr's in the mid 4's to low 5's and that was getting way too hot when going above 25 degrees timing.

Our track is 80x48 and the track is pretty fast, the sweepers and backstretch are full throttle, it's basicly an oval with a turnoff in the middle to do some on road so top end speed is pretty important.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would try a 5.0 FDR, 50deg timing rpm range 12000 to 18ish.

Treat timing with the MMP like turbo in Tekin so run the rpm much higher than currently. One thing I’ve learned using my Novak Sentry Data logger is your motor is running at a much higher RPM than you think. I have not hooked it up to my 17.5 yet so I'm guessing from what I learned from my Ballistic 13.5. Judging from how I currently have my SP v3 17.5 setup you need to use the timing as a top end only function.

If this gearing and rpm range does not work for speed go higher with gearing 4.4 and up the rpm range more 15000 - 20ish. Even try increasing the timing on the motor.

Basically timing works the best at higher RPM it stretches out the peak power output of the motor so it does not drop off as much.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys!!!
I have a mamba max pro, I would use a 17.5
you have any setting for medium-fast track?
LRP CPX tires
engine 17.5 Lipotech (Italian Product)
motor timing not adjustable

thanks
Old 02-13-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Is the 1s MMP coming with the ticket for a free Castle Link like the 2s has been?

Has anybody used the new hand-held programmer Castle is offering?

Thanks!

Scottrik
Old 02-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano
Hi guys!!!
I have a mamba max pro, I would use a 17.5
you have any setting for medium-fast track?
LRP CPX tires
engine 17.5 Lipotech (Italian Product)
motor timing not adjustable

thanks
CHEAT mode
50deg timing
FDR 4 to 5 try several in this range
13000 - 20kish rpm range,
Old 02-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Is the 1s MMP coming with the ticket for a free Castle Link like the 2s has been?

Has anybody used the new hand-held programmer Castle is offering?

Thanks!

Scottrik
Scott, mine did. Have not seen the hand-held unit yet, thought it might have been at Snowbirds. You looking at a new ESC???
Old 02-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just read through all 43 pages of this thread and I have to say that I'm convinced that this is the ESC to get.

The reason I read this thread is that I saw on another forum that someone mentioned running a Novak HV motor with a CC MMP but there was only one reference to this combo in all of these posts and that was someone asking for help. Has anyone actually run this combo? I plan on running it in an E-Maxx running 2S or 6-cell NiMH for bashing, not racing (heresy!!!). If it's not a good combo then I'll end up getting the Novak HV Maxx ESC instead. I already have the motor. I got it dirt cheap and brand new.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Any brushless motor out there should work with this ESC. Just make sure the high turn ones have a sensor wire and you hook it up or it won't start right.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Scott, mine did. Have not seen the hand-held unit yet, thought it might have been at Snowbirds. You looking at a new ESC???
Yeah, thinkin' I might try one in the WGT car, though:

a) I never actually run the damn thing, and

b) it's not like the I-Force has a ton of room to "hide" the somewhat massive MMP.

Speaking of b), I about laughed my a$$ off when I read a magazine review of the MMP and the comment was about it's small size being a plus. I know magazines tend to suck-up a bit, but that was plain ludicrous fluffery. A very good (maybe great even) esc it may be, but unless you're from the era of vacuum tubes there is no way you can possibly believe the MMP is "small" by any possible measure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.