Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Maybe if the 1S version of the MMP is a huge hit, Castle could think about making a smaller version. Outside of 1/8th electric offroad buggies, no one needs a 1S-6S capable ESC. Make it 1S only, and build a booster into it. That would rock.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

So let me get this straight?

They've taken the Mamaba Max Pro and stripped the fan off and removed the BEC. Called it a "1-Cell," even though it will still run up to a 6S lipo and they are selling it to us for the same price?

Old 12-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yep, that's exactly right... Saves from having to try to remove the BEC yourself, It will also have solder posts, rather than big fat wires, it is a bargain at that price...
Old 12-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You're paying the same price because it's a special run.

Plus, a voltage regulator is going to cost less than a buck in bulk. The fan and plastic mount are also going to be a very slight cost in bulk. I'd be surprised if the two add up to $5 cost.

Then add the cost of solder posts...

Don't expect it to be much cheaper...

So, either buy one from Castle with a warranty or buy one online and mod it yourself to save about $25 and void the warranty.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mamba Max Pro done it again today guys.

Final Setup Profile:

ESC Timing = 40 Degree
Punch Control = 20% (Medium Traction Track)
Motor = Novak Balistic 13.5
Motor Timing = 35 Degree
FDR = 4.9
Motor Temp = 150 Degree F
RPM = 10,000 - 12,000

Note: With the amount of rip you get out from this speedcontrol adjust your punch control to where your car is controlable comming out the corners. Fastest lap 16.2 rest of the field fastest lap average at 16.5 - 16.8 on 13.5 expert class. I lap the whole field with guys running Tekin and LRP.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was

Anybody got pics of this speedo in a Losi JRX-S type R or a Schumacher Mi3 Exotech?/3.5/4

thanks,

Rod
Old 12-06-2009, 09:32 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biz77
So let me get this straight?

They've taken the Mamaba Max Pro and stripped the fan off and removed the BEC. Called it a "1-Cell," even though it will still run up to a 6S lipo and they are selling it to us for the same price?

What is weird is that Castle never made a sensored speedo and in their first attempt they make one of the most versatile and cost affective speedos that is proven to be as fast or faster than any speedo out.

Everyone laughed at their sensorless stuff so I guess now Castle has the last laugh!!!!!!!!!!!

As for price I can't believe one would even complain about a 130 dollar speedo!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me. Now that is weird.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all

Tested the Mamba Max Pro in mod yesterday and have to say im very impressed with it! Awesome speedo and the usability of the computer interface is top notch!

Does anyone have a good starting point setup for 10.5 with this speedo?

Thanks for any help/advise you can give

Chris
Old 12-07-2009, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

It looks like I will be sending one of my three mmp's back to castle today. This is the one that I run sensorless in my stadium truck. During normal driving it cuts off power to my receiver after about two minutes and a turn marshall has to turn my truck off and then back on again. When on the bench if I turn the front wheels (steer) back and forth real quick a few times it cuts the power off to the receiver. Sometimes it is just for a split second, other times it lasts for a while then the power comes back on but it has to be turned off and back on again to get it to work.

I tried two different servos to see if that was the problem. I rebinded my receiver to see if that was the problem. I tried two different receivers to see if it was the receiver. I tried two different batteries to make sure that wasn't causing it. Finally I tried another esc and that fixed the problem.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

I just got off the phone with Castle, great bunch of people. They are sending me a new esc and then I send mine back to them. Can't ask for much better service than that. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they have them in stock.

I went ahead and ordered a sidewinder to have as a back up just in case though.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Your problem is probably the on/off switch which is pretty bad on this speedo.

Originally Posted by lowcel
It looks like I will be sending one of my three mmp's back to castle today. This is the one that I run sensorless in my stadium truck. During normal driving it cuts off power to my receiver after about two minutes and a turn marshall has to turn my truck off and then back on again. When on the bench if I turn the front wheels (steer) back and forth real quick a few times it cuts the power off to the receiver. Sometimes it is just for a split second, other times it lasts for a while then the power comes back on but it has to be turned off and back on again to get it to work.

I tried two different servos to see if that was the problem. I rebinded my receiver to see if that was the problem. I tried two different receivers to see if it was the receiver. I tried two different batteries to make sure that wasn't causing it. Finally I tried another esc and that fixed the problem.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Your problem is probably the on/off switch which is pretty bad on this speedo.
Tried pushing it in and "jiggling" it but couldn't duplicate the problem. I would hold the on/off switch to keep it seperate from the truck but when I would start steering it quick back and forth it would still shut off.

I'm not saying you are wrong but it doesn't seem like that is the problem.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lowcel

Before you send it in you might want to try turning up the BEC voltage to 6 volts. Some systems have problems with dropouts when it's set at 5v.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

I've been running my MMP for a couple weeks now in 17.5 rubber TC and love it. The thing is super fast, easy to adjust. I'm pretty sure it would almost run with the 13.5 guys.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fred_B
Before you send it in you might want to try turning up the BEC voltage to 6 volts. Some systems have problems with dropouts when it's set at 5v.
I did that a few weeks ago. Thanks for the advice though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.