Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have been using my MMP in 12th scale, both stock 17.5 and Mod 5.5 motors, it has been working just fine, but in the main yesterday, it did what some here are describing. I tangled with a lapped car and the boards, took a pretty hard hit into both car and the tubes, CRC click boards, I did not get stuck, but when I went to accelerate away. the car just rolled VERY slowly for about 10 feet, then took off, probably took 2 seconds or so before responding to the throttle, was fine after that and ended up winning the main. Hopefully there will be a fix for this as i love the ESC, easy to tune and cheap, we will see....
Old 12-21-2009, 03:24 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

seems like a 1s issue. not 2s

R
Old 12-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ffejdat
I have been using my MMP in 12th scale, both stock 17.5 and Mod 5.5 motors, it has been working just fine, but in the main yesterday, it did what some here are describing. I tangled with a lapped car and the boards, took a pretty hard hit into both car and the tubes, CRC click boards, I did not get stuck, but when I went to accelerate away. the car just rolled VERY slowly for about 10 feet, then took off, probably took 2 seconds or so before responding to the throttle, was fine after that and ended up winning the main. Hopefully there will be a fix for this as i love the ESC, easy to tune and cheap, we will see....
Jeff,Finally a way to beat you,wait for the right time,give you a tap and wait for the brown out condition.My Tekin car will have a chance!
Old 12-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
seems like a 1s issue. not 2s

R
My issues were all 2 cell.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Jeff,Finally a way to beat you,wait for the right time,give you a tap and wait for the brown out condition.My Tekin car will have a chance!
Good call Chris, but ya gotta get close enough to me to hit me!!
That was in the corner going onto the front sweeper straight, right as Joe tangled and i passed for the lead, it was weird as I got free of the wreck, pulled the trigger and the car just kinda rolled slowly for a long time, then finally took off, I thought it was broke at first....
Old 12-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
I too recognized this same problem with mine one day. It does not kill power to the speedo, it just kills the throttle feature for a second. My guess is that since the motor rotation is going backwards, the sensored portion of the speed control gets confused and doesn't know what to do until the motor is stopped.
You do not have to hit a board to make this happen either. I was driving mine on a dusty road. The car spun and rolled backwards. That is when I lost my throttle.
I have not tested this yet, but maybe running a receiver pack would help.
I had a problem with the throttle cutting out when using a high torque servo during hard cornering. I was able to reproduce this with other racers cars as well. The receiver pack fixed that problem, maybe it will fix this one as well.
FWIW, this problem isn't limited to the MMP - I've experienced this issue with a Tekin RS, and it only happens when the car rolls backward. Something tells me that current ESC technology might not be able to deal with this particular situation. In my case, I was running the speedo in Tekin's "dual mode", which relies on the sensors to start the motor from a dead stop, then runs sensorless. I doubt CC would be willing to reveal tech secrets, but it could be possible that they're not using a sensored only drive system. Just a thought...

Hopefully CC takes care of the problem for their customers, as this ESC does show a lot of promise. With the technology war going on between the manufacturers, there's bound to be a few bugs that'll be ironed out by consumer testing and feedback. Be patient and provide all the CONSTRUCTIVE feedback possible, and the product will improve.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
12th and pan car oval is all 1c. When I ran into this problem, I was running 2cell on dirtoval.
Where are you running dirt oval at?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:19 PM

ken, bumps.

R
Old 12-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

ken, bumps.

R
Oh, I keep forgetting about that.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Backwards

Over the years I've had several brushless speedos do this.I've also had issues from getting sideways enough to stop the rear wheels and have the esc stop for a second. I've had the 1.1 speedpassion do it also the mamba max non-pro version. I always figured it was my fault for bad setup or driving.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:53 PM

oh yeh if i whip even a xxx backwards and let it roll a while or fiddle with the trigger in process they'll all do that to a degree. the 'board meeting' moment of silence i see is the bigger concern. guess i need to get on the horse and finish rebuildin my 008 and have a dig.

R
Old 12-21-2009, 06:34 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

oh yeh if i whip even a xxx backwards and let it roll a while or fiddle with the trigger in process they'll all do that to a degree. the 'board meeting' moment of silence i see is the bigger concern. guess i need to get on the horse and finish rebuildin my 008 and have a dig.

R
Let me clear up any misunderstanding, my car was not rolling backwards, I'm not the only one having this problem in 2 cell racing.

When I came home tonight I headed to the basement to check a few things.
1. I rolled the car backwards, there was a slight delay with throttle response.
2. I tap on every thing I can tap on, no problem on the bench.
3. I set the car on the floor and held it ( my finger in front of the bumper not on it ) pulled full throttle and the stuttering occurred, 5 out of 10 times testing it this way.
4. I held the spur gear with my fingers and pulled throttle, roughly the same results as number 4 above.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Ira- Good to see your name on these boards! Hope all is well since your move! Merry XMas! Nick A
Old 12-21-2009, 06:54 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Ira- Good to see your name on these boards! Hope all is well since your move! Merry XMas! Nick A
Hey Nick,

How it going, nice to hear from you. Yeah I'm doing this electric thing, I can't do any Nitro in the winter anymore now, no tracks out here race Nitro inside.

Yes, every thing is going great. We really like it here in KS. but miss the hell out of Leisure Hours!!!!

Take care, call me sometime and have a Merry Christmas and safe New Year.

Ira
Old 12-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

IRA, with regards to #3. Are your motor leads -A-B-C- in order? Are all the solder joints good and solid?
Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.