C-HUB RATING?

Old 10-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default C-HUB RATING?

I notice some C-hubs have degree numbers imbeded in the material,is that how ya change the toe using diffrent hubs? I could be mistaken but dont see anything esle that would adjust it
Old 10-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The C Hubs change the caster angle. Toe change the front toe, use the steering links.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ah Daaa just seen it, thanx
Old 10-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drive2survive
I notice some C-hubs have degree numbers imbeded in the material,is that how ya change the toe using diffrent hubs? I could be mistaken but dont see anything esle that would adjust it
the #'s on the hubs change the caster of the front end. meaning that if you put a line from the upper pivot ball and the bottom hinge pin it is how much the upper pin is mover back from a center line. so 2* would be 2* of caster. 4* would be 4* of caster. you always us neg. caster. there will be 2* left and a 2* right. same for the others. 2* will give the most turn in and least turn out of a corner. where 6* will be the least turn in and the most turn out of a corner. hope this helps. jeremy
Old 10-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was reading thats what the toe does, like>>>>>>>>the more toe out and better for turn in but not as good for mid-corner or exit and toe in is better for mid corner/exit but not turn-in...how does toe and caster differ?

kinda like whos on 1st and whats on 2nd...
Old 10-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Typically front toe will be a last resort type setting. Adjust everything else first, roll centers, ride heights, camber, caster, kick up, then use toe as a fine setting. Typically you want zero front toe. At least to start with.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drive2survive
I was reading thats what the toe does, like>>>>>>>>the more toe out and better for turn in but not as good for mid-corner or exit and toe in is better for mid corner/exit but not turn-in...how does toe and caster differ?

kinda like whos on 1st and whats on 2nd...
toe is for smaller changes. caster is a bigger change for turn in and out. to much toe in or out make the car handle very twitchy. +1 to -1 is all you want for toe. caster is 0* to 8* on some cars. jeremy
Old 10-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

so besides the caster thing Im assuming they have setup tools/gauges for this right? if so whats a good one to have?