Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 08-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evanwest94
I am going to keep it

here are some more pics

how much do you think its worth with the LRP Sphere TC, a LRP 3T BL motor and 4600mah matched cells ETC?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

I am going to keep it

here are some more pics

So!! What you do with the original shocks????? You want to sell them??
Old 08-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Geezatec
So!! What you do with the original shocks????? You want to sell them??
no i dont, cuz i gave them back cuz they were crap + i didnt give him shocks with my converted serpent
Old 08-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

no i dont, cuz i gave them back cuz they were crap + i didnt give him shocks with my converted serpent
Crap!!! You don't know the history of the Xray T!!! Anybody else know??? Lets see if anybody else knows.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Serpent supplied the shocks for the original T1's...I think the Evo2 was the first XRay car to come with XRay shocks. As far as I know the original design is Serpent's (plastic bodies and externally adjustable dampening), just better executed in the manufacturing process by XRay.

-rocky b
Old 08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

so how much are the shocks worth?
Old 08-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flatspunout
Serpent supplied the shocks for the original T1's...I think the Evo2 was the first XRay car to come with XRay shocks. As far as I know the original design is Serpent's (plastic bodies and externally adjustable dampening), just better executed in the manufacturing process by XRay.

-rocky b
Correct Flats!!I got my T1, one week it was available. Shock were from Serpent, available on the Impulse, ImpactM5, & Vector. I still have those models of Serpent.EVO2 came out six months later. and still used the serpent style shock. Shock tension and a 3 clicker adjustment rebound, Soft ,Medium, & Hard depending on shock oil used. Was a good shock. T1 was the first EP Xray came out on he market. Xray(Hudy) were tied together with Serpent since the '80's, which Hudy design the first 2sp tranny on nitro 1/8th scale.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Correct Flats!!I got my T1, one week it was available. Shock were from Serpent, available on the Impulse, ImpactM5, & Vector. I still have those models of Serpent.EVO2 came out six months later. and still used the serpent style shock. Shock tension and a 3 clicker adjustment rebound, Soft ,Medium, & Hard depending on shock oil used. Was a good shock. T1 was the first EP Xray came out on he market. Xray(Hudy) were tied together with Serpent since the '80's, which Hudy design the first 2sp tranny on nitro 1/8th scale.
I had forgotten about Juraj's relationship with Serpent back then...Serpent cars were the first to use Hudy's "top secret spring steel" as well!

-rocky b
Old 08-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

ok, i am planning to race with it soon, but i don't know if its race ready yet, what are some good option parts that are still available that are good for racing, like to most important ones, LMK

Evan
Old 08-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

ok, i am planning to race with it soon, but i don't know if its race ready yet, what are some good option parts that are still available that are good for racing, like to most important ones, LMK

Evan
Don't worry about parts for racing. You have to practice, practice, & practice on the track. Learn to drive. Driving start out as beginner, intermediate, & Experience. You start as beginners and move up depending how many races entered.

Hobbytown close to you in Fremont probably the closest to you on Fremont Hub. Other places like RAMS Club run at Mission College in Santa Clara. If your age is what you say, Parents have to drive ya. These two places are ROAR Affiliated, Most be ROAR member, But can race.

Good Luck to you !! have fun!!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default T1X

I'm glad u decided to keep and race your xray. as far as options u dont need any. (even tho i still have the alloy rear A-arms on mine) after 8 years...7 tracks...6 in the US...1 in the bahamas...and God knows HOW many parking lot meets, my T1 is finally side lined. one of my pillow-ball steering hub snapped and it sent the car into a concrete curb in the blink of an eye! the damage: both drivesharts, both steering knuckles, a tie rod and a blown front diff. if i cant find parts, this may be the end.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you guys for all of your support and I go to Hobbytown like everyday after school and i have like 6 coupons (you get a $5 off coupon for every $100 you spend) and I know the owner as a Friend, he said that they dont carry Xray parts because no-one will buy them so i just have to stick to the internet
Old 08-31-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nomaak
I'm glad u decided to keep and race your xray. as far as options u dont need any. (even tho i still have the alloy rear A-arms on mine) after 8 years...7 tracks...6 in the US...1 in the bahamas...and God knows HOW many parking lot meets, my T1 is finally side lined. one of my pillow-ball steering hub snapped and it sent the car into a concrete curb in the blink of an eye! the damage: both drivesharts, both steering knuckles, a tie rod and a blown front diff. if i cant find parts, this may be the end.
Try Stormershobbies.com. Search manufacture Xray. Look for T1 You maybe lucky!!

Good Luck!!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Thank you guys for all of your support and I go to Hobbytown like everyday after school and i have like 6 coupons (you get a $5 off coupon for every $100 you spend) and I know the owner as a Friend, he said that they dont carry Xray parts because no-one will buy them so i just have to stick to the internet
Never find Xray, Serpent, possible Mugan & Kyosho at HobbyTowns. You will find HobbyTown, Hobby People. Tower Hobbies, with HPI, Traxaas, Duratrax, Etc.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Never find Xray, Serpent, possible Mugan & Kyosho at HobbyTowns. You will find HobbyTown, Hobby People. Tower Hobbies, with HPI, Traxaas, Duratrax, Etc.
i have a t1 also and love the thing to death. you will be happy with the car. the only thing i have ever broken on mine was a shock end after i tryed to fit some foam tires on the thing. no place around me has ever had parts for xrays so all my stuff i have always got off tower hobbies. if this is your first touring car go out and get the book from xxx main. it will help you with every little setup tip you will ever need. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXEGG9

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.