Tech Master

Originally Posted by xxxkat
Maybe I'm doing something wrong
Guess so.

What motors/gearing have you tried?
Old 08-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys, I just bought a used near fk'04 and upon dis-assembling the shocks I found that I am missing the larger diameter o-ring in the lower cap. They seem to work fine,but I'm not sure how important they are. i can't even see where they would go into the lower shock cap. Any info would be helpful. Thanks--A
Old 08-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Every stock motor on the market.. On the track i race at(racers oasis)gear ratios should be in the 8 to 8.5(final)range,If you try to go lower(final)you will "melt" your motor.. I tried to run asphalt gearing at first but smoked 3 or 4 motors.Most of the guys who are running Xrays in stock in my area have all switched back to the stock pully set..the low ratio pullys work great in mod. but in my opinion they dont work very well for stock.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

do the fastest racers where you race at all run in 8 an up final rive ratio range just wondering? because where i race at you'll be passed like your standing still at a 8.0 or 8.5 and that is using a monster pro stock with a final drive ratio of a 6.7 to 7.2 it's the setup where the difference is at and throttle control to get the most out of a stock motor .and by the way i've got the low ratio pulleys on my 04 came stock like that and my 05 has a 1.70 transmission drive it's not the transmisson drive ratio that effects the cars punch it's the final drive ratio on how high or low you set it when gearing the car. i hope this could help answer any questions
Old 08-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

IS any body out there willing to lend or even donate their low ratio pulley's so I can find out for myself? Proly none, anyways thank's for all the advice and will try to save some money to buy me an LRP (sounds familiar) .
Old 08-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Lord

I am one of the faster racers this track(I know I sound slow.. ) Every track is different,I smoked a few motors by running that gearing(6.7 to 7.2)I put alot of time in at that track..16 + hrs a week practicing.If the transmission ratio has nothing to do with acceleration why are most of the belt cars in the 2.1 range,the RDX is 2.1,415 2.18,Yokomo BD is 2.1 and all of them have more "rip" corner to corner than my 04FK or a friends 05FK in stock.In mod or 19 the low ratio pully set is the way to go but most of xrays drivers are all mod..Alex runs stock but he would be fast driving a brick..so he does not count..
Old 08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

I am one of the faster racers this track(I know I sound slow.. ) Every track is different,I smoked a few motors by running that gearing(6.7 to 7.2)I put alot of time in at that track..16 + hrs a week practicing.If the transmission ratio has nothing to do with acceleration why are most of the belt cars in the 2.1 range,the RDX is 2.1,415 2.18,Yokomo BD is 2.1 and all of them have more "rip" corner to corner than my 04FK or a friends 05FK in stock.In mod or 19 the low ratio pully set is the way to go but most of xrays drivers are all mod..Alex runs stock but he would be fast driving a brick..so he does not count..

** The Kennedy Theory **

I think we can all agree that direct drive cars have the fastest accelaration

ponder

Direct drive ratio is 1:1

As gearbox drive cars ratio gets smaller and smaller it is closer to the ratio of 1:1. The closer you can get to that ratio.....the more it will behave like a direct drive car (in acceleration terms)
Old 08-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Xray T1 Evo2

Hi guys
need help here. I have a XRay T1 Evo2 kit and I plan to use a Tamiya Super Stock Type S motor but I dunno wat Spur Gear and Pinion gear to use. Any help?
BTW, I would like to know where can I download the gear ratio for this kit so I will know which spur and pinion gear to use in the future.
Thanks
Old 08-09-2005, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by inspector
Hi guys
need help here. I have a XRay T1 Evo2 kit and I plan to use a Tamiya Super Stock Type S motor but I dunno wat Spur Gear and Pinion gear to use. Any help?
BTW, I would like to know where can I download the gear ratio for this kit so I will know which spur and pinion gear to use in the future.
Thanks
From my knowledge (which can be quite limited), I would use a 64P spur/pinion gears because the ratios are much more adjustable than with 48P. Most people I know using 64P are running 125-128T 64P Pinion gears. For spur gears, I'm not quite sure. I believe you could go to the Xray site:

www.teamxray.com

(can't give you direct link, banned at work.. )

Once you find that out, go to the gear chart site and get your spur/pinion combination. (Don't know the link for it... I'm sure someone has it.)

EDIT: Hehehe, I found it.

http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f...n=chart.create
Old 08-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey man iam not knocking your opinion but i have owned a xray since the first t1 car was out until now .when they came stock with 2.125:1 transmission ratio and they didn't offer the 1.77 low ratio pulleys as a hop-up until the evo2 came out then they offered it standard on the 04 and droped the ratio alittle lower with the 05 to 1.70 any xray can be as fast or faster than any car with right setup that suits your driving style.if you won't more rip out of the corners try changing the throttle profile on your esc it's always worked for me
Old 08-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Lord

I think I am going to sell off all my "old" Xrays and get an 05FK or.. an RDX.. Just can not seem to get my 04 to work the way i want it to..I used a friends RDX and went 1 to 2 seconds faster per lap,laped guys i have never put a lap on before.I just cant seem to get the turn in I want,car pushes to much for me,04FK.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by ThePrfctGetaway
From my knowledge (which can be quite limited), I would use a 64P spur/pinion gears because the ratios are much more adjustable than with 48P. Most people I know using 64P are running 125-128T 64P Pinion gears. For spur gears, I'm not quite sure. I believe you could go to the Xray site:

www.teamxray.com

(can't give you direct link, banned at work.. )

Once you find that out, go to the gear chart site and get your spur/pinion combination. (Don't know the link for it... I'm sure someone has it.)

EDIT: Hehehe, I found it.

http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f...n=chart.create
Wowww, tat was nice.
Thanks alot.
Cheers
Old 08-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

http://www.imageuploads.net/ims/pic....2ZZEIw&i=44604

I need rear stability under power at mid cornering ( half throttle or more )

What should I do ? Pic A, B, C ?

My racetrack buddy give me advice to use white springs all around + 30W oil, it cured my understeering alot, but rear stability is not yet cured. Thx.

Last edited by asw7576; 08-09-2005 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by asw7576
What picture gives the most grip for front and rear tires ? I'm looking to cure understeering ( mid cornering and exiting ) AND to cure rear sliding. Both event sometimes occur simultaneously under power ( half throttle or more ).

ftp://ftp.dutamotor.com/httpdocs/rc/ASW_2.jpg

My racetrack buddy gave me advice to use softer oil like 30W and white springs all around. I fell much better driving it but the rear sliding is noticeable.

My current setup: the spring is white white + 30w oil

ftp://ftp.dutamotor.com/httpdocs/rc/ASW.jpg
Try dropping all your arms onto the bottom hole on the bulkhead. This will add rear and front traction. Don't forget to recalibrate your droop. You will probably have to back off all your droop screws to get to the bottom hole.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by asw7576
http://www.imageuploads.net/ims/pic....2ZZEIw&i=44604

I need rear stability under power at mid cornering ( half throttle or more )

What should I do ? Pic A, B, C ?
A

But use the bottom holes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.