R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-12-2002, 07:21 PM   #1471
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Craig

Is the C-hub conversion in the EVO2 or is it a option? If its a option then makes the car very expensive.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 09:30 PM   #1472
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Jeff C is correct about the Reactive caster. Depending on which way the upper eccentric mounts are on the car you can have from 2-6 degrees caster change (taking caster out as the suspension is compressed). So if you run 10 degrees caster with 4 degree reactive caster you have 10 degrees at normal ride height and on acceleration. On corner entry or braking it takes 4 degrees of caster out to make the car turn in really hard.

Glad the tips worked RCfiend. You'll love the car.

Craig the C hub is an option part. If you think it makes the car expensive go and price a XXX-s with Graphite kit, threaded shocks, short shock shafts, roll center mounts, 64 ptich gear adapter, ball bearing steering, all the different caster blocks, all rear hub carrieres, alumn cvds, and light outdrives and tell me how expensive the Xray still is. You get alot more for your money with the xray.

eric a
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 09:31 PM   #1473
Team EAM

Craig didnt mean for that last part of my post to sound rude...Just giving you some facts. Sorry about that.

eric a
Old 08-12-2002, 09:38 PM   #1474
Tech Adept

EA-no rudeness taken,just thought that they would have included it in the new car.I had a XXXs with all the options and yes it was expensive.But I sold it because the car wasnt very good for my driving and it broke more then my FTC3.Has anyone used Xrays online ordering? Are they very fast shipping out parts?
Old 08-12-2002, 09:51 PM   #1475
Team EAM

Reason they didnt include the C-hub in the kit is because its not suited for all surfaces where as the Pivot ball will be fast just about anywhere. There are just a few cases where the c hub will be better in my opinion.

I didnt use the online ordering system I called them to order mine. If you call before 2pm eastern time it gets shipped the same day. When it is shipped you get an automatic email from their shipping department telling you it was shipped and giving you a tracking number. I must say its one of the best I have had.

eric a
Old 08-12-2002, 11:34 PM   #1476
Tech Adept

Thanks EA I think I will order one for carpet season.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:43 PM   #1477
Tech Apprentice

Talking

C-hubs work great on twitchy tracks with a lot of 180 corners etc. You get a lot more steering out of it (about 10 degrees!)
Arnoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 04:43 AM   #1478
Tech Regular

Arnoud hit the nail square. I have a T1. With pillow ball on the setup board I get 22 degrees of steering. After installing the C-Hub, I got 33 degrees of steering! My track is carpet with 4 180's so the C-Hub works great.

Craig, the C-Hub is expensive, Mario eluded to this on the X-Ray site. But looks at what you get and all the Al on the front.
On the front, I have a T1 and the front shocks are smaller than the new, You have to lenght the assembled size by 2mm for the tower to work with small foams (<57mm) Also fun the rear springs on the front.

Besercoe: Can I ask the lenght of your rear shocks? EV2 is differant than T1. Mine are 77mm as per inst. I have the T1 tower and I do not have the ride height to install the rear C-Hub. With collars at max I had 1.5mm clearance with 57.5mm foams Still running pillow ball rear. Mario suggested to redrill the rear tower. But I experimented with this and it will cause problems with rubbers and 64mm tires. Working on a new rear tower.
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 06:12 AM   #1479
Team EAM

I think on the Evo2 the new front hubs you get the same amount of steering. The pillow ball slots are bigger to allow for more steerign travel. I will measure how many degrees of throw I have next time its on the Hudy board.

eric a
Old 08-13-2002, 06:25 AM   #1480
Tech Regular

Thanks. Saving for an EV2 now.
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 08:23 AM   #1481
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Let over from back order:

2- Xray T1 EVO2 Kits
1- Complete C-hub Kit
3- Front end only C-hub Kit

I currently also have spare A-arms and such for the C-hub style suspension.

New upper decks now in stock!

New Xray Shock Kits now in stock!!! KILLER PRICE!!!

...Just an update
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 07:14 PM   #1482
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default EVO2

Well you guys finally talked me into it. I went out and bought it. The car went together very easily and the instructions were very clear. The only thing that I didnt like was the fact that I had to shave the shims for the wheelbase. The instructions said that if the rear arms were too tight, that the best thing to do is sand the 4 mm shims.
Now dont get me wrong, I have had to do this with all the cars Ive put together. I would like to say that the car is very impressive just sitting on my table and cant wait till I get a chance to finally race it. I will probably run it this winter during are carpet season. Do you guys feel that the new C-hub conversion is the only way to go? Or can I get away with running it stock out of the box for now?
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 08:47 PM   #1483
Team EAM

Kurly....I would try the car box stock at first. The only hop-ups I would reconmend right now are the eccentric front upper arm mounts, the rear roll center bridge and possible the spring steel wheel hex's.

If you get to the track and its tight and very high traction then you might want to consider the c-hub conversion but I would try and get the car as good as I could with the pillow ball's first. That way you can compare the two when you do go to the c-hubs.

eric a
Old 08-13-2002, 10:01 PM   #1484
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to HYDRAMATIC99
Talking

Hey guys, Im kinda feeling the need to buy some new toys for my T1 since it has been doing well this season. I figure I will reward it with some new parts The question is, what fairly cheap parts do you feel do the most good. I am thinking the eccentric upper pin holders and spring steel wheel hubs. I just got the high performance belts and have the HQ bearings on order because my bearings are about to die on me. Thanks for the help.
HYDRAMATIC99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 01:44 AM   #1485
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can only see benefits from installing the Front spring steel hubs, rear ones would just add rotating mass, and unless they are worn i would leave them, the reason why the front were replaced is that they can get damaged in a crash where the wheel is forced past full lock.

I like the sway bars and the eccentric upper mounts, i have played with the hight and low settings but not the reactive caster yet.

Bearings and belts are a big improvement, make the car feel very free.