Results of the other Team Xray drivers:

Chris Grainger 16
Teppo Kaupinnen 17
Markus Mobers 26
Timo Rinne 34
Colombini 75
Domanin 45

Tony Vrendenberg 56 Dutch driver using XRay

Juraj Hudy 76 The man who deserves almost all credit for developping ur great car!
Arnoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 05:53 AM   #1412
Tech Regular

Nice coverage Armoud! Thanks for the info.

univerisity_dave:
I run foams on my X-Ray. TRC, Treadz, Mugan (fastire), Jaco. Will run the speedlines when I get them from Buster

The Fastire and Treadz are both from GRP in Italy. My preferance is the Fasrtire right now as Treadz are not available. Jaco and then TRC. Track sells Fastire and Jaco. Look in the 40 shore range as the softer 35's stick well, but wear fast.

I have run both carpet and asphalt on foams.
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 06:01 AM   #1413
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Thank You Arnoud! Great Job.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:33 AM   #1414
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is anyone using the upgraded belts on their car? Any feedback would be appreciated...

I am racing stock, and wondering if it is a good upgrade...

Thanks
Old 08-05-2002, 10:35 AM   #1415
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It is a great upgrade. Frees up the drivetrain quite a bit.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 03:41 PM   #1416
Tech Adept

Kansasracer,

You can thin the stock belt to what the upgraded belts are by runnig the belt in the car and holding a fine-gritted sand paper to the belt to achieve the same result as the upgraded belts. As the belt thins, it becomes more flexable... the more flexable, the less friction will be telegraphed through the drive train.

F1-Fanatic
F1-Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 03:48 PM   #1417
Tech Adept

university_dave,

To better help you with your foam choice.. is your track concrete or asphalt/tarmac? If the composition is concrete, I wouldn't waste your money on foam as I have found that rubber tires simply work better. However; on asphalt/tarmac I and several other drivers have used TRC Plaid (F) and Purple (R) compounds to work best. Good luck and let us know how you do.

F1-Fanatic
F1-Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 03:42 AM   #1418
Tech Master

hey guys,i was wondering when the xray evo2 would be in stock for the online dealers. thanks

Last edited by Jarrod Langlois; 08-06-2002 at 04:49 AM.
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 10:17 AM   #1419
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to stormperson

I too am wondering that. Carpet season is going to start early semptember where i live (new england), and i want to run a xray (evo 2, no point in buying the old car) in mod sedan. I ran a tc3 last year in stock and won quite a few races and was always in the top 3 or so out of a few mains (so i look to be competative with the xray in mod).

now i will admit i too tag boards every once and a while, i was looking through teamxray.com, it seemed as if there is a wide front bumper aviabliable? (http://www.teamxray.com/xshop/produc...&kategoria=112) i am to assume that this doesnt come stock?

also i realize i will need front and rear roll bars, spring set, but is there a stiffer upper deck aviable? and i was talking to rob atomic at the nats, and he said he doesnt run any hop ups, except that the front drive shaft would bend? or something like that, can anyone elaborate on this?

and finally, what spare parts should i invest in?

and if anyone has a suggested carpet set up to start off with then please post it! thanks!
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:05 PM   #1420
Tech Master

ya i think there is a stiffer upperdeck available. would you guys recommend the stiffer upper deck for carpet racing? and also would you guys recommend the sway bars for this car i will be running it on carpet.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:52 PM   #1421
Tech Apprentice

Talking My XRay EVO 2 - C-hubbed

Does the XRay EVO 2 need any hopups: in general no. The car is great out of the box. However, I did make some additional investments at the time I purchased my EVO 2 and improved the car.

- The impact absorbing front bumper: protects the car even better;
- C-hubs. This is the XRay carpet killer!!!!;
- Springsteel wheel axle. The stock one tends to bent and makes it no longer possible to service the car (in my opinion a must have, especially for the front!)
- Springsteel diffs (because they look so cool)
- One way
- weights (the car tends to be underweighted, so this is a great option to get the car as good as possible)
- Alu eccentric front upper pivot pin holders (real beauties and stronger and an additional possibility to changes the car)
- Alu roll centre bridge (again a beautiful peace of work and gives additional link possibilities (not a must have))

I have not yet needed any sway bars

- The different springs are needed, but at this moment not yet available (at least not at the moment I write this)

Please note that you will need a 41 mm servo to fit in the EVO 2 (six cell chassis), f.e. the KoPropo size.

There is a stiffer upperdeck available (in fact there are three: soft, medium (enclosed with the EVO 2) en hard). XRay has decided to enclose the medium since this one will fit most situations best.

XRay provides great basic set ups with the kit and C-hub set.

Spares:

Wheel mounting hardware
O-clip 2
Belts (you never know, even though none have broken so far (knok on wood)
Drive shaft replacement plastic cap (this is a must have since this part really suffers from driving)
If you race; get the precut bumper and precut bumper holder to get the transmitter in
General arms etc. (even though I have only seen one (!) broken in a year of racing!! Get some front body posts, they tend to break somethings (like with other cars).

In general I would say that the XRay is a low cost car to keep on the track!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xray chub ad.jpg (76.7 KB, 154 views)
Old 08-06-2002, 01:48 PM   #1422
Tech Master

thanks arnoud. do you know where i could order an evo2 online.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:36 PM   #1423
Tech Adept

Yeah, where is everyone getting the new car. I have been looking for a week with no luck. B. Bennett was out last I had heard so if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.
highx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 06:23 PM   #1424
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to stormperson

so you would recommend the c-hub set up for carpet?

also do the stock diffs hold okay for mod carpet racing?
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 02:47 AM   #1425
Tech Apprentice

De stock diffs work okay, but may show some wear after a year of driving

The C-hubs is what Team XRay call the carpet killer option! Do not yet have personal experience on carpet, but do have a very good experience with the C-hubs on our local very twisty track. The difference is likely to be only in the (minor) tenth of a second compared to the other suspension! But still some races are won with only a minor differences like these!

I bought my EVO 2 at my Lhs in the Netherlands. I have heard that Buster Bennett is the one to contact in the States. The new EVO 2's will most likely be send in the comming weeks, so I understand from XRay.