R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-31-2002, 09:35 PM   #1381
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Kurly - I also used to have a tc3 and getting rid of the thing and getting an xray was the best investment i have ever made, the tc3 is lightning quick from corner to corner, but in comparison a xray can carry that speed through the corner. Also the adjustments on the car make it so easy to tune it in to the track, and changes are simple as no additional parts are required to make any adjustments, a screw or two and a few spacers are all that is needed to make changes.

One word "Awesome"
Old 07-31-2002, 09:55 PM   #1382
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Besercoe
Kurly - I also used to have a tc3 and getting rid of the thing and getting an xray was the best investment i have ever made, the tc3 is lightning quick from corner to corner, but in comparison a xray can carry that speed through the corner. Also the adjustments on the car make it so easy to tune it in to the track, and changes are simple as no additional parts are required to make any adjustments, a screw or two and a few spacers are all that is needed to make changes.

One word "Awesome"
almost as good as a Corally
Old 08-01-2002, 12:16 AM   #1383
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

LOL....yeah you are right....the TC3 is almost as good as the Corally....LOL
Old 08-01-2002, 12:20 AM   #1384
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Corally? What is that?
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 12:29 AM   #1385
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Just a little humor.................

What a fly see's

Hey! I never said it was GOOD humor!
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 04:21 AM   #1386
Tech Regular

I have both. Started with the X-Ray. Ran the X-Ray on asphalt, but when I went TC oval, the walls are real hard and parts here are scarce. Also, with the batts on the left was suppose to give better weight ballance on a left turn oval. I bought a TC3 3 months ago and have run that car till 3 weeks ago. I switched back to my T1 and have become more consistant with my lap times. X-Ray takes the transistions from banked to flat track better and is more stable in the flat sections. The X-Ray has a tighter more percise feel. I run foams, futaba s9402 servo,and quantum ESC's in both cars. (competition X-Ray, spot in TC3) Parts and the damage the cars were taking when I watched them run was the reason I ran the TC3. If this helps, my tc3 is for sale, I am running my X-Ray T1 and have ordered a EVO2. Any other questions?
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 04:39 AM   #1387
Tech Adept

The Xray will kick the ass of anything else on tarmac, nicest car I have ever driven.

Put it on carpet and the TC3 walks all over it with big spiky shoes.
university_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 04:57 AM   #1388
Tech Regular

Dave:
Nope. I run on carpet and even have the C-hub conversion. I am not the fastest out there, but have made the A-main last 2 weeks and beat other TC3 driver out there. Everyone here runs a TC3 at the track, more of a monkey see monkey do thing. 2 of my buds have driven my car and now they want one for the carpet!!! I was in the mid 11's with the TC3 for track time. Now I am at 10 flat with my X-Ray. last week broke into the 9's. Tried TC3 in pratice, like Besercoe said very fast on the straight but slow in the corners. I have run TC3 longer at this track and still cannot do better than 10.6. 10 min later I turned 9.8 with my X-Ray. I would say the X-Ray is way better IMHO.

Buster: Your tip worked!! I gained more inital ride height for these low faom tires. Hope Hudy will release the new shock tower soon. Will get to run the car tonight, should only be 96 at the track tonight
Old 08-01-2002, 05:28 AM   #1389
Tech Adept

At my local indoor track I can make the A-final with my brother's TC3, B with my Xray. No matter what I try, I can't carry the corner speed as well as with the TC3 indoors.

As I said, outdoors the Xray is perfect. Totally planted and neutral with incrediable amounts of grip. 5th in the A-final on sunday when everyone except me was using tyre additives.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:14 AM   #1390
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ultimately it comes down to what you feel comfortable with, if you have friends with different cars try them. Personally there would only be a small handful of cars i would buy, number one of course would be xray, and two corally. These are from what i have seen and driven at the track, the cars are made to race, and do not try to also capture the toy market, as some other manufacturers do.

my style obviously leans toward the xray, but it is not to say that others would be better with a tc3.

Parts availability is not a huge problem, there are plenty of shops out there who will ship in a couple of days from anywhere in the country, all you need with any car are a couple of arms, front hub carriers, and sme bumpers.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:45 AM   #1391
Tech Regular

I agree with Besercoe, it is what ever suits your driving style. X-Ray seems to suit mine better.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:04 PM   #1392
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Besercoe- Thanks for the honest reply. Youve made my decision a little easier.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 02:53 AM   #1393
Tech Adept

Default Foam Tyres

I want to give some Foam tyres a go. Does anyone here run them on an Xray? Track temperature will not top 50 degrees centigrade, and is more likely to be in the low 40s.

I can get TRC and UFRA foams easily so any information on these brands (if anyone knows them) would be best. I have never experienced foams before, so some information on how they work, wear, grip and compounds would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Tom.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:35 AM   #1394
Tech Apprentice

No personal foam experience but of a fellow driver (this is because I only returned to the XRay since 3 weeks...).

Using Ellegi foams he uses E (medium hard) or F (hard) up front and C (soft) in the back, not using any traction compund (not allowed). This is / was on a T1, not using C-hubs. Be aware that with the pivot ball suspension not all wides do fit! With the C-hubs you can drive wider foams in the back if you prefer to!

The above gave the car excellent grip on carpet and our local strange surfance race track (have no idea what the surface actualy is, but I have been told that it used to be the same stuff which is on a running track. No part of it is gone and the other part starts to get green and extremely slippery when been wet), when this strack is not yet headed up.
Arnoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 08:39 AM   #1395
Tech Apprentice

Cool European championships

Gilles Groskamp is doing great at the European championships. Best time at the first timed practice with an EVO 2! Maybe even more impressive and showing both his and the EVO's potential is Makus'5th place. He in fact just joined team XRay!

The results of the timed practice are as followed:
1. Jilles Groskamp (XRAY) 5:17:92
2. Kaerup Jonas (Associated)5:19:09
3. Drescher Craig (Associated) 5:19:63
4. Levanen Juho (Associated) 5:20:53
5. Mobers Markus (XRAY) 5:22:42
6. Leino Teemu (Schumacher)5:22:50
7. Falter Sascha (Associated) 5:22:93
8. Honigl Hubert (Losi) 5:24:01
9. Steenari Jukka (Losi) 5:24:46
10. Andersson Jonas (HPI) 5:24:47
Arnoud is offline   Reply With Quote