R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-08-2002, 01:04 PM   #1291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally posted by F1-Fanatic
drivetrain so free it was like a rollerblade..
Yeah, that is what I am talking about. I too have a very free car. That's why I think there might be something binding the car. Heck, even a rock in the spur gear didn't slow me down yesterday......
Old 07-08-2002, 01:13 PM   #1292
Tech Adept

lol.. that's cool. I found using the HQ bearings to help a lot as they're easier to maintain. My friend however would clean his bearings out under a magnifying lens and would literally disect them until there was NOTHING forign in them... But then again he was the one winning the races He has since sold his T1 and has since changed from a Losi to a Yokomo. He likes the car but thinks it's a pain to make adjustments or repairs to in the field. I'll take the T1 any day of the week in that department.

F1-Fanatic
F1-Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 02:37 PM   #1293
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There must be something binding...I'll go throught he car this week. Thanks for the insight...
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 05:13 PM   #1294
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

F1-Fanatic, So your only running a 26.1mm rollout? I'm currently running foams on asphalt and need to be up around 29-30mm rollout. Same motor. If the car is screaming and spins up fast, your most likely under geared.
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 08:31 PM   #1295
Tech Adept

The tracks here in the New York area are short and technical so I under gear for the technical infield rather than the one long straight. Thats where I am making up ground on the other cars with my exit speed.

F1-Fanatic
Old 07-09-2002, 05:19 AM   #1296
Tech Regular

kansasracer: I gear mine low, but I have not got the full handle yet on the car. I run against TC3's and XXX-S's TC3's are at 6.42 Mission in the 6.5x range. I am at 6.59, rollout 30.59, on a 360' track with a 160' straight (93/30). Using a Green Machine 3. I have a hellfire also that I use in my Oval TC car. I gear this 1 tooth higher than a GM3, same as a P2K2. Runs respectable.

F1 Care to share a carpet setup? I run a TC3 on the oval as X-Ray parts are non existant here. My only source is Buster.
I want to run my X-Ray this week in pratice. Track is 147 foot 25 degree banked oval with 30 degrees in the turns. We run a "Lollypop" through the infield and back onto the track. race line is 188'. Motor of choice is GM3 or P2K2 when temps come up. I have to be min 5mm height and 53 oz. This means I have to add weight as X-Ray is lighter. The 4x4 walls of the oval are not very forgiving, that is why I started with TC3.

Thanks
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 07:43 PM   #1297
Tech Adept

My setup is as follows: remember it's for a tight technical track with a 10 double motor and I am no pro

Traction: high
Track surface: ozite carpet
Race condition: tight layout
Suspension geometry Front:
Downstops: set until springs move freely with car on blocks/no pre-loading on springs
Set-up ride height: 5 mm
Camber Left: -1.5
Camber Right: -1.5
Track-width: 189 mm
Toe-in: 0
Caster setting (mm in front): 2 mm clip
Anti-dive (0 or 3 degr.): 3
Suspension geometry Rear:
Downstops: set until springs move freely with car on blocks/no pre-loading on springs
Set-up ride height: 5 mm
Camber Left: -2.5
Camber Right: -2.5
Toe-in: 2 in
Track-width: 189 mm
Anti-squat (0 or 3 degr.): 3
Upper arm position in upright: 3
Wheelbase settings:
Wheelbase length: 255 mm
Clips used in front of arm: 3 mm clips
Shock absorbers Front:
Springs: red
Spring pre-load: none
Oil: 30W Serpent
Holes: 3 opened
Upper shock position: 2
Lower shock position: 2
Shock absorbers Rear:
Springs: Yellow
Spring pre-load: none
Oil: 30W Serpent
Holes: 4 opened
Upper shock position: 2
Lower shock position: 1
Position of batteries: rear
Transponder placement: front (personal transponder)
Tires Front:
Make: TRC
Compound: plaid
Diameter: 56
Width: 26
Traction compound: 1/2 paragon "ground effects"
Tires rear:
Make: TRC
Compound: Purple
Diameter: 56
Width: 26
Traction compound: full paragon "ground effects"
One-way pulley: tight
Front axle:
Type: ball diff
Diff. setting: tight
Rear axle:
Type: ball-diff
Diff. setting: tight
Upgraded servo with dual ackerman set to 2nd position (out)
Body: Protoform Vauxhaul Vectra

Hope it helps.. it works for me.

F1-Fanatic.

P.S. My car is in the paint contest please come and check it out.. if you like my paint (my 4th body) please vote for it.... if not vote for one of the other 10 finalists but please vote.

The paint contest can be found on the Electric On-Road Forum

Last edited by F1-Fanatic; 07-10-2002 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:46 AM   #1298
Tech Regular

F1_Fanatic: Thanks for the info! I am close to what you have listed now. Using TRC D Purple as that is all I have left. I use a JR 4750 servo on the car. Thanks again. Should know Thursday night how it works

I voted too! Wow you all did a nice job on those bodies!!!!!
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 01:29 PM   #1299
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have any info on the new C-hub suspension set up? Can't seem to find any info on it anywhere.
HikariRacing2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 02:47 PM   #1300
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

HR2, check the MYTSN website, full details there. This is the "carpet " setup they mentioned a few months ago.
c-lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 10:29 AM   #1301
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Update:

As of this moment, I have 2 complete conversions left, and 4 front end only conversions left. To those here (whether you post or not ) I hope you are or will enjoy the conversion as much as I have.

Sorry, I am all out of the EVO 2 kit already.
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:27 PM   #1302
Tech Master

Buster, I gather you've run it already. I know it's early days yet, but what actual difference have you noticed? And what surface have you run it on? Thanks.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:40 AM   #1303
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Hello C-lyon,

Actually, I have be running the C-hub setup for quite some time now. The C-hub style setup is an improvement on tight technical tracks, or a track that requires the car to make very sharp turns at speed. On big open tracks with no or very few tight corners you will probably be better off with the pivot ball arrangement.
On carpent tracks running foam tires, the C-hub setup is the ultimate, it really makes the car rotate very freely through the corners. Not everyone will want or need the C-hub suspension, it is an option, and it should be used as so. It is by no means the solution to every track. Some will find they will never need the C-hub, and some will find that they never need the pivot ball, and some will find they need both. Its just another great valuable option to give the T1 the advantage over the others.

Here are my recommendations:

Big, fast, open, sweeping corner tracks = Pivot Ball

Small to Medium tight tracks, narrow tight corners = C-hub
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 02:39 PM   #1304
Tech Master

Thanks for the info, Buster. As you say, another great option.

What I really like about XRAY is that many of the items they offer truly are "options" for use in specific situations, rather than a required item because of a defect in the original design. And while I certainly wouldn't mind an EVO2, it hasn't made the original obsolete. Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:37 PM   #1305
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rear shock tower

Can anyone tell me if the optional rear shock tower is needed for the new conversion? I'm having a hard time getting enough ride height with stock tower. Any suggestions for a set up for rubber tires on carpet? Thanks for any help, Dave
twistert1 is offline   Reply With Quote