R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-01-2002, 04:33 PM   #1261
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the info and I am sure as soon as they are out you will all be talking about it. I would still like to know if anyone has an opinion on how the car is to work on? I will be checking back often.
highx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 05:49 PM   #1262
Tech Adept

Hi X,

As far as the car... I love it.. it's easy to work on (it was my 1st car) and it basicly "fell" together unlike other cars which required hand fitting. Once you get into the ballpark with a setup it's rock solid.. I can't say enough about it. I got up to speed with help from a friend of mine and then really started to get better to the point where I am racing with the faster drivers and taking home trophies from the A and B mains.

F1-Fanatic
F1-Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 05:52 PM   #1263
Tech Adept

Buster,

One question regarding the new parts.. They have been released by X-ray on the site and there are pics and all... but what do they do

F1-Fanatic
Old 07-01-2002, 10:48 PM   #1264
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by F1-Fanatic
Upgrades depend on what surface you are running on Kansas.. you running on carpet or asphalt? Is the track long and flowing or short and technical? Also is it smooth or bumpy?

F1-Fanatic
I run basically on a asphalt, low to mid traction. I would say a pretty tight track, but too tight for a one way...I still might try it...

Any insights?
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 03:42 AM   #1265
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

KansasRacer :: I would not use the one-way on a tight track. It may simply be my driving style but I have more control of the car with a diff. I bought my SS Axles from Buster a while back. I have met the boards a few times knowing I would have bent the Alu axles.

Do you have the Essentric Upper Pivot Pin Holders? I find when placing the upper arm to the lowest setting I can track through flowing turns at much higher speeds. The car has been on rails lately. Again I race on a open and flowing track where you never let off the throttle, but it may be worth while to experiment with that setting.

HighX :: the car is a dream to make adjustments to. It has to be one of the easest to build and easiest to perform track side setup changes to. I put more effort into my Losi to change perhaps the rear wheel base, rear toe-in, and front caster for example. With the XRAY you won't tear the car apart to make those adjustments.

Thanks for the update Buster. I should be calling you in another two weeks.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:19 AM   #1266
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Hey All,

The T1 EVO2, and C-hub conversion sets will be IN MY SHOP either THIS Friday or Monday.

THEY WILL GO FAST!
I suggest you call immediatly and place your order!

Buster
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 04:19 AM   #1267
Tech Initiate

Default XRAY T1 EVO2

Enjoy www.teamxray.com
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 08:52 AM   #1268
Regional Moderator

old news...
Old 07-05-2002, 10:20 AM   #1269
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Uhh that would be Mario Hudy you are telling "old news" to. I think he is letting us know because it is his car design and he cares to make sure we are informed if we are not in the VIP room. So to respond boldly...make sure you know what (or who) you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally posted by kansasracer
old news...
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 12:09 PM   #1270
Tech Adept

More importantly.. ask Mr. Hudy what if anything they are doing about the upper front bumper breaking so frequently.

F1-Fanatic
Old 07-05-2002, 01:29 PM   #1271
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to LaxRacer

I Got to hold one today ... Its so purdy .

C
LaxRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 03:20 PM   #1272
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by damo
Uhh that would be Mario Hudy you are telling "old news" to. I think he is letting us know because it is his car design and he cares to make sure we are informed if we are not in the VIP room. So to respond boldly...make sure you know what (or who) you are talking about.

It is old news to those of us that go to the VIP room...so stop attacking, I meant no disrespect by it...
Old 07-05-2002, 07:36 PM   #1273
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by F1-Fanatic
More importantly.. ask Mr. Hudy what if anything they are doing about the upper front bumper breaking so frequently.

F1-Fanatic
Don't crash...don't break!!

No...seriously. I use to have the same problem as you, I haven't improved my driving but I have done a mod. If you go to your local electronics component shop you can buy those PCB boards (fibreglass). Cut one out to the same shape as the upper bumper and epoxy the two together. Don't cut any holes out the middle and before you epoxy, stick some of those carbon fibre 'look' stickers in the hole position (just slightly larger than the holes- not all the way across).

This will give you a massively stiff upper bumper. Since doing this mod I have had zero breakage! Some people like to use a more flexible upper bumper, but this will cause more load to go the the front tongue of the chassis, which is even more expensive!

Alternatively, you can just epoxy two original upper bumpers together, this is just a bit more expensive!

After doing this mod you will have to use longer screws to hold down the piece and use shim to shim the front body mount posts...don't forget the longer screws, otherwise you will strip the gearbox threads! Good luck!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 03:06 AM   #1274
Tech Initiate

There is a small snazzy flash at www.teamxray.com
This link was posted as it was uploaded, so it could not be an old news )

The upper bumper will be solved as this is the only part there is receive feedback should be improved. It will done asap.

Enjoy racing.
Old 07-06-2002, 03:07 AM   #1275
Tech Initiate

Talking

There should be this face, sorry.