R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #12556
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrabusDenis View Post
I had problems with this aswell , but when I found out it was debris on the pulley no more problems after that , just cleaned it with a screw. I believe the car has a very noisy sound and struggles to accelerate at first ( because the belt can't catch the pulley properly ) with that problem
Yep... I noticed when the tyres got up to temperature, everything sticks to them... then this debris is flung off the tyre at high speed up under the body... it gets everywhere!!! ... including the cogs... I actually found a few 'damaged' ones on the center shaft... I guess with the speed belt travels, it becomes a hammer when it contacts the pulley... In future I'll have to do a 'FOD' (foreign object damage) walk whenever I run the car on the track...

Will need to order more belts before further testing...

Alien
angry-alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #12557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #12558
Tech Adept

Hi guys, just posting some update photos of the car... I installed a new fan and two new shock towers... see the below....

The improvements will continue...

Alien
Old 02-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #12559
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good day!

It looks like your front drive gear on your layshaft is quite worn. You might want to look into replacing that.
I will not send Pay Pal as a gift or add fees to the price so DO NOT ASK!
BCbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #12560
Tech Adept

Yep... that happened this weekend when some stuff got in it... that stuff did its magic and broke the belt too... I'm looking for some replacement parts at Stormer Hobbies... will change them out when they get into the island..
Old 02-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #12561
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry-alien View Post
Oh... just a little tech first...

Rear shocks: Tower holes, third from the outside and the lower on the outer most holes (control arms)... dampers: 2 holes closed (30wt)... ride height: 5.5mm...
Toe: (I'm still little confused about) the book and setup sheet says no clips 3... so with the 2mm clip I have inserted at the front mounting position, toe should be
around 5... Droop: 3mm above right height...Roll center: raised, 2mm shim on the on top of the axle hub... Front shocks: Middle hole (upper) and outer most
on the control arms... damper: 3 holes closed (30wt)... ride height: 5mm... didn't check the toe yet... Droop: 3.5mm above ride height...

The car is driven on asphalt and gets around the track at a relatively good speed... the back would occasionally come around on exit of the corners if the power
was applied a little too early... this was before reading on and trying WD40... with the Tyres treated, the car is now sticking to the track quite well (even when pulling
out of corners on power)... Since I'm using a spool up front, corner entry still has a little push, but it's predictable... if kept smooth, the steering is
quite manageable through chicanes... I recently change to the lower FK04 Towers and they seemed to be working welln (with the above mentioned geometry)...
I love the improved geometry and i did notice a little more traction despite a poor track surface....

I got the car on the track over the weekend and had a blast with the car's handling... i wanted to try some shock geometry changes, but the front belt broke again...
I think some debris got onto the pulley and stated cutting through the belt... I also saw some evidence of a little rubbing on the battery too... so now i'm thinking about
putting back a tensioner under the belt to help raise it above the battery (I was advised against this earlier, but i need to reduce the chance of contact)...

Alien
have you tried softer springs at the back to stop the rear from swinging? its kinda common for shocks stood up that straight. i tried changing to softer springs at the back but havent tested it yet.
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:57 AM   #12562
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

whats the difference in handling between the short and long susupension arms? which one is better?
boybawang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #12563
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post
have you tried softer springs at the back to stop the rear from swinging? its kinda common for shocks stood up that straight. i tried changing to softer springs at the back but havent tested it yet.
Well... the back isn't kicking out anymore since I started giving the tyres attention they needed... the only thing i can see now is a little under steer
when entering corners... I dropped the front shocks one hole (upper) closer to the center, but the belt popped before i got the tyres up to temperature... I
might increase the rear droop too so that more weight will be transferred to the fronts...

these are the only springs i have now, so I'll have to work with them for a while... besides, i do have bit of roll in the car still...

Alien
Old 02-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #12564
Tech Fanatic

Good day!

If you do not have the Huddy Setup Book, go here and down load it, it has lots of good info.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...?prod_id=1281&
Old 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #12565
Tech Adept

Yep... i have it... I've been using the recommendation from it and i have seen improvements... I am looking for a setup station too...can't afford the hudy ones now though...
Old 02-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #12566
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yep... i have it... I've been using the recommendation from it and i have seen improvements... I am looking for a setup station too...can't afford the hudy ones now though...
I picked up a used Integy set up station from the buy and sell forum for $50. They come up once in a while.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #12567
Tech Adept

Yeah... I have seen them, but I keep missing the good deals... I'll continue looking...

Alien
Old 02-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #12568
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default xray t1fk04

hi im going to bring my t1fk04 back to running. just ordered a couple parts for it. will post pics soon.
crACkeD ChaSsiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #12569
Tech Adept

Nice!! I love this car... not sure if i'll need to go t2 or t3 for now... the fun factor is just right...
Old 02-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #12570
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS

Quote:
Nice!! I love this car... not sure if i'll need to go t2 or t3 for now... the fun factor is just right...
you thinking about going to the t2 ot t3?
crACkeD ChaSsiS is offline   Reply With Quote