R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #12451
Tech Adept

Hello. Im going to race T1R/EVO2/[email protected] combination with Lipos + brushless 7.5. Lipo is attached parallel. I would like to know whats your recommandations on oil, springs, antirolls, and number of shock holes for a carpet track. Its quite hard to adjust it as it wasnt developed for that i made Anyway its around 1380g.
L@gger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #12452
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

HI guys... just Curious, has anyone tried the EXTRA Rigid Chassis... did you see a big difference in performance... what are the improvements if any... is it worth the buy?

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...97fa79d9b941e5

Alien
angry-alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #12453
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry-alien View Post
HI guys... just Curious, has anyone tried the EXTRA Rigid Chassis... did you see a big difference in performance... what are the improvements if any... is it worth the buy?

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...97fa79d9b941e5

Alien

Good day!

I had one on my outdoor car and took it off to loose weight. They are milled to lower the bulkheads and servo. This milling makes it so you can not use the lowest mounting holes for the lower arms. I think they are made for carpet and if you are not running carpet, I would not spend your money. I will be running my care on carpet for the first time and I will not be using the extra thick/stiff chassis.
I will not send Pay Pal as a gift or add fees to the price so DO NOT ASK!
BCbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #12454
Tech Adept

Ohhh... good insight.... thanks for the feedback... it made sense... I will pass on the idea then...

Thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #12455
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

So what's the overall consensus amongst T1 owners? Lipo down the side or across the back?
jonnymorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:16 AM   #12456
Tech Adept

The Batt laying across the chassis works quite well for me... I have a friend who also races with a T1 and it does well too with the batt in that orientation...
I think it's a matter of personal preference and the how you setup the balance of the car with the layout...

Alien
Old 12-30-2010, 07:49 AM   #12457
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I run mine across the back too, because it was easiest at first, didn't have to swap the servo..
I just recently looked at the front to rear weight distribution though and it was 57% rear! the car was a little loose in this condition
I had to put all my lead under the front bulkhead to get it back to 50/50 and I think it would have been easier to do if the battery were on one side.
bucknuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:52 AM   #12458
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknuts View Post
I run mine across the back too, because it was easiest at first, didn't have to swap the servo..
I just recently looked at the front to rear weight distribution though and it was 57% rear! the car was a little loose in this condition
I had to put all my lead under the front bulkhead to get it back to 50/50 and I think it would have been easier to do if the battery were on one side.
is it balanced left to right ?
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #12459
Tech Adept

With it side to side yes. With the lipo fr-rr all the weight would need to go opposite the battery.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:00 AM   #12460
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnymorrow View Post
So what's the overall consensus amongst T1 owners? Lipo down the side or across the back?
saddle Lipos where they are supposed to go & weight where required for the F/R bias you want
Old 01-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #12461
Tech Adept

Yes that's another option; when I used round cells, my favorite configuration was 3 back on one side and 3 forward on the opposite side.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #12462
Tech Adept

Hey Bucknuts... how has your T1 held up against newer chassis these days?
Old 01-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #12463
Tech Adept

Tough to say without running something 'modern' full time. I honestly don't feel that it is holding me back. I'll say this..I have raced it twice this year after a year out of racing..using the epic 40C lipo from 2 years ago, Tekin RS spec, Trinity Duo 1..OLD Sorex 32/36 tires (just got some modern sweep tires), OLD Mazda 6 body..and I can get within a 9 secs of the top spot on a 6 min race, and I match fast laps on occasion. The top spot is A-main nats/cleveland type driver.

so at this point with the setup still coming back, my driving still coming back, maybe a fresh battery needed, new tires and body recently installed, I'm not worried about the chassis..I love the car and I'm not interested in getting something modern to keep up with the Jones'; I'd rather keep working this and see how good I can do with it. I think that's fun.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #12464
Tech Adept

Wow... that sounds good man... I really like this car, and i'm pretty sure it will do well for a while...
Old 01-03-2011, 03:41 AM   #12465
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknuts View Post
Tough to say without running something 'modern' full time. I honestly don't feel that it is holding me back. I'll say this..I have raced it twice this year after a year out of racing..using the epic 40C lipo from 2 years ago, Tekin RS spec, Trinity Duo 1..OLD Sorex 32/36 tires (just got some modern sweep tires), OLD Mazda 6 body..and I can get within a 9 secs of the top spot on a 6 min race, and I match fast laps on occasion. The top spot is A-main nats/cleveland type driver.

so at this point with the setup still coming back, my driving still coming back, maybe a fresh battery needed, new tires and body recently installed, I'm not worried about the chassis..I love the car and I'm not interested in getting something modern to keep up with the Jones'; I'd rather keep working this and see how good I can do with it. I think that's fun.
i feel that these (X ray T1,Tamiya 414,HPI pro2) older chassis with the motor in the center of the chassis and saddle pack chassis to be very forgiving to drive, becuase of the rear weight bias. as it is my car is 53% biased towards the back. i find that the car is too stable, to the point of lacking steering compared to todays cars. some of these drivers newer cars can out corner me, but some of the other guys i can still beat, even though my car is designed 10 years ago. but i wouldnt trade it for anything, i am having too much fun !
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote