R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #12421
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I have boat loads of fko4/fko5 parts if anyone is interested pm me ! i would like to get rid of them.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:30 AM   #12422
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice... I will contact you soon enough... now.. do you guys have setup sheets for these cars? meaning, recorded setups that you are currently running with packs mounted
across the chassis and with a similar suspension setup as mine...

Thanks
Alien

Gorillakev, see the below pic for shimmed battery hold down post:
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T1-dsc_8804.jpg  
angry-alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #12423
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry-alien View Post
Nice... I will contact you soon enough... now.. do you guys have setup sheets for these cars? meaning, recorded setups that you are currently running with packs mounted
across the chassis and with a similar suspension setup as mine...

Thanks
Alien

Gorillakev, see the below pic for shimmed battery hold down post:
nice was the lipo rubbing on the belt..i got the t1fk that im currently rebuilding and upgrading all the electrics wasnt sure if you had to do a major mod to get lipos to fit...
gorillakev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #12424
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
I have boat loads of fko4/fko5 parts if anyone is interested pm me ! i would like to get rid of them.

pm me a parts list...
Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #12425
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillakev View Post
nice was the lipo rubbing on the belt..i got the t1fk that im currently rebuilding and upgrading all the electrics wasnt sure if you had to do a major mod to get lipos to fit...
Oh... I forgot to answer that part of the question... for the first test the battery was located closer to the back posts... the clearance was fine... no rubbing... then I move it closer to the front posts to get the batt closer to the car's CG... there was quite a bit of rubbing in this position when the belt was spun up to full speed.... the tensioner is located on the lower chassis plate pushing the belt up and over the batt... it seems though that the belt tension from the front diff hub was a little low... so when the belt got to full speed, it would bounce around and make contact with the battery... to fix this, I increased the belt tension from the diff hub, then I raised the upper deck by adding shims (1mm) between it and the rear bulk heads... this is to reduce the chance of the lower belt loop from striking the upper deck... seems to work well so far...

Alien
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T1-dsc_8511-2.jpg  
Old 10-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #12426
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
Send me this list also...
Old 10-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #12427
Tech Adept

So no one with suspension tips or advise?

Alien
Old 10-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #12428
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Send me this list also...
parts have already sold!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #12429
Tech Initiate

damn that was quick
Old 10-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #12430
Tech Adept

hmmmm.... that was quick... i guess this car and its parts are still demand
Old 10-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #12431
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good day!

I bought them, I sent a PM as soon as I saw the add. I ran my FK04 all last season and there is 4 other drivers in my club that have them so the parts will be put to good use. I hope to keep it going for a long time.
I will not send Pay Pal as a gift or add fees to the price so DO NOT ASK!

Last edited by BCbud; 10-15-2010 at 02:10 PM.
BCbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #12432
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
So no one with suspension tips or advise?

Alien
I worked on mine all season and with the battery position chainge and going from a GTB to a Tekin RS, I never got it to where I wanted it. I was getting close at the end of the season but the last 3 races were rained out. There are so many vareables that all I can recomend is to read the setup guide and try one thing at a time. That is what I have been doing and why it is taking so long but the final result will be a car tuned to your driving and track.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #12433
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Oh... I forgot to answer that part of the question... for the first test the battery was located closer to the back posts... the clearance was fine... no rubbing... then I move it closer to the front posts to get the batt closer to the car's CG... there was quite a bit of rubbing in this position when the belt was spun up to full speed.... the tensioner is located on the lower chassis plate pushing the belt up and over the batt... it seems though that the belt tension from the front diff hub was a little low... so when the belt got to full speed, it would bounce around and make contact with the battery... to fix this, I increased the belt tension from the diff hub, then I raised the upper deck by adding shims (1mm) between it and the rear bulk heads... this is to reduce the chance of the lower belt loop from striking the upper deck... seems to work well so far...

Alien
I had a setup just like that but after several recomidations from other drivers, I compleatly removed the tensioner. Having the tensioner where you have it now is about the worst place it could be. The bottom side of the belt is where it gets tight under acceleration and will cause the most wear and friction. Now that I have removed mine I run my belts as loss as posible without it scipping and yes, you may eat a belt trying to get that right. I did in a rear belt on my car but now it is perfect.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #12434
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCbud View Post
I had a setup just like that but after several recomidations from other drivers, I compleatly removed the tensioner. Having the tensioner where you have it now is about the worst place it could be. The bottom side of the belt is where it gets tight under acceleration and will cause the most wear and friction. Now that I have removed mine I run my belts as loss as posible without it scipping and yes, you may eat a belt trying to get that right. I did in a rear belt on my car but now it is perfect.
Wow... thanks for the heads up on the belt man... I'll be making some changes tonight...
Old 10-22-2010, 12:23 AM   #12435
Tech Initiate

Any one have any extra pulleys for sale???