Old 02-10-2005, 09:40 AM   #11521
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

looking very nice. now all we need is a release date
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:01 PM   #11522
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OOOOHHHHH I just found my next car!!! And I was gonna buy another FK...
Deves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:37 PM   #11523
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

Any one know some sites that have and carry Roll Center Holder- Rear Camber Link Holder, part #303031?

Or anyone have a extra pair for sale?

Thanks.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:22 AM   #11524

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnMatrix
Any one know some sites that have and carry Roll Center Holder- Rear Camber Link Holder, part #303031?

Or anyone have a extra pair for sale?

Thanks.
Only place I've been able to find it in stock is here

I ordered some from Stormer last week, but they are listed as out of stock now.
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:24 AM   #11525

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

or:

http://precisionrc.com/cgi-bin/cart.pl?BR=XRY14&DT=2
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:44 AM   #11526
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

Thank you so much.

Nick
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 04:18 AM   #11527
Tech Elite

i know i am jumping on the t1 fk bandwagon a little late, but i had my first race with the fk yesterday.

basically:

best car ever! handled so much better than my pro4, so easy to drive, and made me feel confident in finding the cars limits and pushing it every lap. predictable handling and excellent steering through the entire corner.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:39 AM   #11528
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Venomworldorder,
You hit the nail rite on the head.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:03 AM   #11529
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Corrado
Venomworldorder,
You hit the nail rite on the head.
the best thing is that i just copied a setup of a mate. i know there is more fine tuning to be had. ihaven't even played around with camber linkage positions yet, or installed the full bmi kit, or tryed the swaybars yet! or caster. i wish my electric track was permanent, i'd go and perfect the setup before the next race!

one thing i did notice though is that it does a weird exit "thing". it seems as thoguh it keeps steering on exit. nothin bad just weird . also this car handles o differently to anythingi ever raced. the batts and motor position really influences how it enters a corner. because of thi i found i can enter a corner much later and sharper. also great mid corner grip. i changed tyres and found it understeered s bit too much, but still felt better than my old pro4
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:04 AM   #11530
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
i know i am jumping on the t1 fk bandwagon a little late, but i had my first race with the fk yesterday.

basically:

best car ever! handled so much better than my pro4, so easy to drive, and made me feel confident in finding the cars limits and pushing it every lap. predictable handling and excellent steering through the entire corner.
Ill secound this by saying i had the same experience yesterday with my EVO2. Every qualifying heat i improved by a lap.
24,25,26 then i had a shock come loose and pop off I would have easily been in the A Main had i been more consistant, but 5th overall, 1st in the B Main is a nice accomplisment for me, being my 2nd race i still have a lot to learn. Overall the xrays are outstanding. Way better than my xxx-s was
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #11531
drx
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to drx
Default Problem w/ JACOs

or any 28mm wheel for that matter.

I find that if I clip a wall or barrier just right, the front wheels will crack. I'm not blaming the tire. It's the chassis.

I run a T1 EVO2 w/ C-Hubs.

With a 28mm foam tire/wheel like the JACO there is about a hair of clearance between the inside rim and the camber link. If you tap the wall hard enough the wheel deforms, slams into the link and.........pow! there goes a $20 set of wheels.

This get's old pretty quick, especially when it's on the first run with a fresh set.

Apart from avoiding contact with walls and barriers, is there anything else you maniacs might suggest?
drx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:57 AM   #11532
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to greencactus3

ive actually cracked rubber wheels like that too. but that might be just because i hit hard. but how is it a chassis design? the camber link doesnt seem too close. and my friend with his yokie doid that too. i was thinking a wider front bumper might help.
greencactus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:57 AM   #11533
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

drx-a better bumper is really all I can think of personally. The wide impact Xray bumper with the rubberneck or Pdub racing bumper on top.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:35 AM   #11534
drx
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to drx

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
drx-a better bumper is really all I can think of personally. The wide impact Xray bumper with the rubberneck or Pdub racing bumper on top.
I've got a pDub bumber on the car right now. <shameless plug>GREAT PRODUCT</shameless plug> That helps some, and has been especially good at preserving those expensive, hard-to-find chub bits, but I still get some wheel breakage.

Whats the "rubberneck"?

I've though of going to a narrower and/or stronger wheel, but I don't know about the who/what/where.

greencactus3: It appears to the the top of the wheel can and does bend inwards under certain types of impact.

This may be related to the type of barriers my track uses. It's PVC pipe. When you contact that pipe at certain speeds the actual contact area is very narrow due to the circular cross-section of the pipe. This contact area occurs in a very concentrated spot that will make contact with the wheel, just above the wheel's centerline. because there is nothing to support the wheel below the contact point, the wheel below the contact point will move outwards causeing the top to move in, and make violent ontact with the camber link ball. Snap! There goes a $22 pair of plaids.

In that scenario it wouldn't take much contact to cause breakage.

I'll include a diagram to better illustrate..
Attached Images
File Type: gif diagram.gif (3.0 KB, 162 views)
drx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:15 AM   #11535
Tech Regular

Well no actual release date but everyone I have heard from, the FK'05 will be out in late march.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote