R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-16-2005, 09:16 AM   #11296
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by John Q
wow. you dont have part # do you ?

do they make swaybars for the car ?
Here's a list of possibilities. Not all of them are required to make the car work on carpet, but nevertheless, here they are:

302095 Foam Front Shock Tower
302205 Ackerman Extensions
302460 Anti-Roll Bar Front 2mm (Set)
302470 Anti-Roll Bar Front 2 mm
302471 Anti-Roll Bar Front 1 mm
302472 Anti-Roll Bar Front 1.5 mm

303400 Anti-Roll Bar Rear 2mm (Set)
303422 Anti-Roll Bar Rear 1.5mm
303421 Anti Roll Bar Rear 1.0mm

305002 Ball Diff. with Labyrinth Covers - (Factory Kit)
301111 eXtra Rigid Chassis (XRC) - Graphite 3.5mm
308397 Spring Set D=1.8 Purple Med Hd
308387 XRAY Spring-Set D=1.8 (30 LB) Light-Purple
308396 XRAY Spring-Set D=1.7 (28 LB) Violet

The springs there are a pretty good starting point. If you run rubber and foams on carpet and asphalt, get the spring kits. Cheaper in the long run that way, I think.

With the roll bars, you'll need to order the "Kits" for front and rear to get all of the linkages, then you can just order the bars individually.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:21 AM   #11297
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker

DO NOT RUN XRC chassis, YOU WILL HAVE GLITCHING FROM THE OPEN GRAPHITE. RUN THE BMI 350 OR SPLIT CHASSIS. That was just my 2 cents and per Jason at BMI's words, you will have glitching because of the open graphite under the servo.
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #11298
Tech Fanatic

Interesting, since I just ran an XRC at the Novak Race and didn't glitch once. In fact, in the last month of running the car, I've never glitched with this chassis.

I'm not saying it can't or doesn't happen, only that it hasn't happened to me.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:25 AM   #11299
Tech Fanatic

It is still not a good idea. There is an increased possibility of glitching. Especially wih lower end electronics. I am just going to ge with the 350 chassis for my soon to come 2 FK's. And I think the message from Jason was that there is an increased possibility, not that it is unavoidable. Also, the BMI chassis is stiffer because the carbon fiber he has is laid at 3 angles instead of just 2.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:11 AM   #11300
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by tc3stocker
DO NOT RUN XRC chassis, YOU WILL HAVE GLITCHING FROM THE OPEN GRAPHITE. RUN THE BMI 350 OR SPLIT CHASSIS. That was just my 2 cents and per Jason at BMI's words, you will have glitching because of the open graphite under the servo.
Usually I do not comment any posts on other forums, but I can not resist this one.
Can you please let me know how did you come up with this? If you from any reason preffer some other than XRAY' original XRC chassis, it is of course your free choice, but PLEASE, do not spread rumors which are not true.

To keep the things correct and not to mislead anybody - there is NO glitching just because of XRC chassis and the possibility to get glitching on the XRC is the same possibility like to get it on any other chassis.

If anybody has any concerns or additional questions, please feel free to visit the XRAY's customer support forum at www.teamxray.com/xforum where XRAY's support staff and XRAY's team drivers answer any technical and other related questions.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:16 AM   #11301
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by mario
Usually I do not comment any posts on other forums, but I can not resist this one.
Can you please let me know how did you come up with this? If you from any reason preffer some other than XRAY' original XRC chassis, it is of course your free choice, but PLEASE, do not spread rumors which are not true.

To keep the things correct and not to mislead anybody - there is NO glitching just because of XRC chassis and the possibility to get glitching on the XRC is the same possibility like to get it on any other chassis.

If anybody has any concerns or additional questions, please feel free to visit the XRAY's customer support forum at www.teamxray.com/xforum where XRAY's support staff and XRAY's team drivers answer any technical and other related questions.
If you read quite a few pages back, Jason from BMI stated that running a chassis with a large area in which the center of the graphite it exposed can cause interference especially with cheaper radio gear. That is why BMI doesn't mill down the area under the servo since lowering it 0.5mm doesn't make a noticeable differance compared to the cost of possible glitching.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:35 AM   #11302
Tech Initiate

hi,

was just wondering if any of you guys have tried the ultra flexi top deck on the t1r and what effect it had.

thanks
soto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #11303
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tc3stocker

Don't jump over the bridge

Add two layers of alluminium tape underneath servo, receiver, and esc. No more glitches.

Glitches could also come from bad reception / interference such as low turn motor or antenna wire touching the graphite. You can cover the antenna wire with heat shrink tube at any location they could possibly touch.

I run XRC chassis and I don't have glitch problem.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #11304
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by soto
hi,

was just wondering if any of you guys have tried the ultra flexi top deck on the t1r and what effect it had.

thanks
It will give you more chassis flex, so you can turn better. Suitable for bumpy, low grip, technical track.

Don't buy it if you run at very smooth track or carpet. Roll over could result.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:01 PM   #11305
Tech Fanatic

Thank you, Brandon, this is the guy whom I heard it from.

And if you run 2 layers of aluminum tape, that is more weight on your car, and I don't think you would want more weight underneath your servo, maybe on the centerline or in the rear, but not under your servo, it is already heavier than the esc ad reciever in most cases.

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
If you read quite a few pages back, Jason from BMI stated that running a chassis with a large area in which the center of the graphite it exposed can cause interference especially with cheaper radio gear. That is why BMI doesn't mill down the area under the servo since lowering it 0.5mm doesn't make a noticeable differance compared to the cost of possible glitching.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:26 PM   #11306
Tech Champion

Come on man , it's only 2 layers !! ..... it's less or same thickness with our hair. Adding only few grams doesn't mean you gonna lap down by 5 sec.

Infact I ran DOUBLE chassis : 5mm, Yes, I'm crashproof maniacs. My car could be the heaviest xray t1 in the world, around 1680 grams. Nevertheless this car won twice at national series (group B) against other cars such as yokomo ssg, xray t1 ( lots of them), and tamiya trf 415.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:47 PM   #11307
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Mincey
Here's a list of possibilities. Not all of them are required to make the car work on carpet, but nevertheless, here they are:

302095 Foam Front Shock Tower
302205 Ackerman Extensions
302460 Anti-Roll Bar Front 2mm (Set)
302470 Anti-Roll Bar Front 2 mm
302471 Anti-Roll Bar Front 1 mm
302472 Anti-Roll Bar Front 1.5 mm

303400 Anti-Roll Bar Rear 2mm (Set)
303422 Anti-Roll Bar Rear 1.5mm
303421 Anti Roll Bar Rear 1.0mm

305002 Ball Diff. with Labyrinth Covers - (Factory Kit)
301111 eXtra Rigid Chassis (XRC) - Graphite 3.5mm
308397 Spring Set D=1.8 Purple Med Hd
308387 XRAY Spring-Set D=1.8 (30 LB) Light-Purple
308396 XRAY Spring-Set D=1.7 (28 LB) Violet

The springs there are a pretty good starting point. If you run rubber and foams on carpet and asphalt, get the spring kits. Cheaper in the long run that way, I think.

With the roll bars, you'll need to order the "Kits" for front and rear to get all of the linkages, then you can just order the bars individually.

Rob
ROb you da man,, I would never of found the part numbers.
John Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #11308
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,your car is not guarenteed to glitch with reccessed pocketing under the electronics.the reason i do not do this on my kits is because carbon fiber is very conductive.the top layer seals the carbon fiber and acts as an insulator.opening this surface can increase the chance of glitching.im not saying it is going to glitch BUT,it will increase the chance of it.i have pocketed chassis for customers but only on special request.i explain the possibilities and make sure they understand.again,i did not mean to knock the XRC chassis.alot of people have had alot of good things to say about it.i was just stating my reasons for not pocketing under the electronics.sorry for the misunderstanding.

jason
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:31 PM   #11309
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by protc3
hey guys,your car is not guarenteed to glitch with reccessed pocketing under the electronics.the reason i do not do this on my kits is because carbon fiber is very conductive.the top layer seals the carbon fiber and acts as an insulator.opening this surface can increase the chance of glitching.im not saying it is going to glitch BUT,it will increase the chance of it.i have pocketed chassis for customers but only on special request.i explain the possibilities and make sure they understand.again,i did not mean to knock the XRC chassis.alot of people have had alot of good things to say about it.i was just stating my reasons for not pocketing under the electronics.sorry for the misunderstanding.

jason
very good businessman, good on you sir !!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:19 AM   #11310
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Does anyone know anything about a new XRay coming out soon ?? One to replace the FK ?
mazmorbid is offline   Reply With Quote