R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #11206
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I'll still place the order..Ijust need to find out how to get in touch with either of these guys
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:42 AM   #11207
Tech Master
 
Scrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plover, WI
Posts: 1,510
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Did you guys ever consider that they were at the Novak race?

Anyways for those of you that have the roll center bridge and never use the inner holes anymore I found out that you can cut the middle part out of the bridge and turn them around to use shorter links. You don't need to buy the extension piece.

Last edited by Scrad; 01-11-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:52 AM   #11208
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Figured that they may be at theNovak race....but have seen other responses during the time frame....

That's why I'm not panicking..but I have been trying to get ahold of people for more than just this weekend
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:53 AM   #11209
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 1,957
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrad
Did you guys ever consider that they were at the Novak race?

Anyways for those of you that have the roll center bridge and never use the inner holes anymore I found out that you can cut the middle part out of the bridge and turn them around to use shorter links. You don't need to buy the extension piece.
They weren't at the Novak race a month ago or 3 weeks ago when I sent emails and money. Rubberneck sent me an email 2 months ago about bumpers and that's how I received the pricing and paypal address. Then when I had the money I emailed them and then sent the money. Then when I didn't receive an email or bumper, I decided to eat the $12 and ordered a Pdub bumper about 3 weeks ago; didn't receive anything sent them an email a week after the money and all I got was the automated email from them and at the same time sent an email and PM to Rubberneck. Just let me know if you get in touch with them.

Anyways anyone use the ackerman extensions on their car for carpet? I don't see any of our local racers using them. I have a set (I think they were home made from an old shock tower) and they don't seem to fit my aluminum steering blocks. Also is it the Tamiya 5.5 aluminum spacer set that people are using to raise the camber links on the hubs? I had some that I though were the correct size but finally measured them and they aren't even close so I just ordered the Tamiya ones. I remember reading somewhere that those will work.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:19 PM   #11210
Tech Master
 
Scrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plover, WI
Posts: 1,510
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I'm using the ackerman extensions on my plastic steering blocks. But I had them mounted on some aluminum ones too. I wouldn't put them on aluminum blocks, because I would think they would break pretty easy if you hit something.

I can't really tell what they did for the car, because my setup sucked before I put them on. But Cyrul said it smoothes out the steering, less twitchy around center.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:01 PM   #11211
Tech Elite
 
stulec52's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,181
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52
Default setup help

anyone got a setup for a games hall, or polished wood floor?

I have a T1 R converted to just about FK spec.

thanks
__________________
www.pmhobbycraft.ca/store/
www.tamiyaclub.com/
stulec52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #11212
Tech Master
 
NVisible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Turnbuckle Wrench

I dont have the Turnbuckle Wrench that comes with the Kit, and i really hate using needle nosed pliers as they scratch the living hell out of the metal, so im looking for something better. Is there a better way to do this? what do people use when they dont have the factory wrench?
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #11213
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

the kit does not come with a turnbuckle wrench per say. xray has a really nice spring steel one that you can purchase.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #11214
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
Anyways anyone use the ackerman extensions on their car for carpet? I don't see any of our local racers using them. I have a set (I think they were home made from an old shock tower) and they don't seem to fit my aluminum steering blocks. Also is it the Tamiya 5.5 aluminum spacer set that people are using to raise the camber links on the hubs? I had some that I though were the correct size but finally measured them and they aren't even close so I just ordered the Tamiya ones. I remember reading somewhere that those will work.
you will want to run them if you are running on a fast med to high bite carpet. It smooth's the from steering out. Alot of the guys are going to the 6 degree blocks and then smooth the steering alittle with the extensions.

don't use the alum steering block you will bend them. On the plastic they will just break. lot cheaper that way. One mod that you can do is grind down the servo saver to just the inner mounts for the steering bellcrank. basically what is happening is that if you take a board the bellcrank hits the bulkhead and since something has to give it will be the steering block. so grinding down the bellcrank will actually reduce the size and keep the steering block from breaking. You can also use teh servo saver/steering bell crank from the t1 evo, it only has the inner ackerman mounts.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #11215
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
you will want to run them if you are running on a fast med to high bite carpet. It smooth's the from steering out. Alot of the guys are going to the 6 degree blocks and then smooth the steering alittle with the extensions.
don't use the alum steering block you will bend them. On the plastic they will just break. lot cheaper that way. One mod that you can do is grind down the servo saver to just the inner mounts for the steering bellcrank. basically what is happening is that if you take a board the bellcrank hits the bulkhead and since something has to give it will be the steering block. so grinding down the bellcrank will actually reduce the size and keep the steering block from breaking. You can also use teh servo saver/steering bell crank from the t1 evo, it only has the inner ackerman mounts.

per josh, never take them off.
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #11216
Tech Master
 
NVisible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

ahh ok. i kept reading in my setup book about "use your turnbuckle wrench" and i assumed it came with one, as my xxx-s came with one in the past. Thats what i get for assuming

thanks for the info!
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #11217
Tech Champion
 
danjoy25's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,149
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Setup needed

Can anyone help me with a base setup for an asplalt track using foam tires? I will be using a 27 turn stock motor on my FK.
__________________
Awesomatix A800 & A800X/ Mugen MTX-5 / 3 Racing F113 / Kyosho RB5 / Kyosho Mini-Z
danjoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:44 PM   #11218
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: >New York<
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Danjoy,
Check cefx.net for an asphalt set-up.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:03 PM   #11219
Tech Champion
 
danjoy25's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,149
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Just did, but would they also be good for foam tires as all the set-ups are for rubber tires.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Corrado
Danjoy,
Check cefx.net for an asphalt set-up.
__________________
Awesomatix A800 & A800X/ Mugen MTX-5 / 3 Racing F113 / Kyosho RB5 / Kyosho Mini-Z
danjoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:50 PM   #11220
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: >New York<
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Danjoy,
Check cefx.net again. The Novak 2004 and Nationals 2004 are foam set-ups. The rest are rubber tire set-ups. Just look in the upper right hand corner of the set-up sheet and it specifies which type of tire Josh was running. These will give you a good starting point and you can make adjustments to suit your driving style and track conditions.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:19 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net