R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-14-2004, 06:22 AM   #10771
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by (V)r>?[email protected][email protected]
hey guys in think of getting a xray T1R just for a week end race car and i would like to know if anybody thinks its not a good car

can you tell me if they would be different on the track or in modified class also if they are a bit out of fashion also what could you do to make it more race able

thanks a lot for the info
i use a t1r and i race against t1fks and win with ease but mine is hopped up.........it basicly a t1r with a t1fk drivetrain
pink pac man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:22 AM   #10772
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mazmorbid
Yeah John's is by far the best looking one I have seen, and I can understand why you made your dicision like that but I think they go MUCH better than they look
haha... see my cars not only have to win the actual race,, but also the bench race....
Old 12-14-2004, 10:44 AM   #10773
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Me too... Gotta look good too...

www.bilsteincanada.com
Gordkoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:47 AM   #10774
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Colors

JOhn's red ride is sweet, but did any of you take a gander at Jeff Cuffs all black Xray at Champs? Yowza-it was sexy too. Shiny black aluminum-including the shock collars and shock caps!!! If I ever get around to doing that-I might even paint the case and heatsink on my Novak GTX black to match.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:53 AM   #10775
Tech Apprentice

where can I get an aftermarket shock kit or aluminum one, I am kinda growning weary of these plastic ones that came with my ueber T1 factory kit.

Last edited by rustler753; 12-14-2004 at 11:00 AM.
rustler753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:56 AM   #10776
Tech Fanatic

Ray, I've been wanting to do an all-black "stealth" FK too... Going to have mine annodized after the US Touring Car CHamps.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:35 PM   #10777
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Mincey
Ray, I've been wanting to do an all-black "stealth" FK too... Going to have mine annodized after the US Touring Car CHamps.

Rob
Ya, I'm waiting for carpet season to end and to get the rest of my aluminum parts i.e. Tamale fan mount and rear rollcenter mounts and Xray rear hubs. I think it would look awesome with my BMI titanium 350 chassis.

BTW Ray. Do you have a good setup for the 350 chassis for medium traction technical carpet track? I was using Josh's Carpet nats setup and it was dialed with the split chassis but I don't think it will work with the 350.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:52 PM   #10778
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to greencactus3

Quote:
Originally posted by (V)r>?[email protected][email protected]
hey guys in think of getting a xray T1R just for a week end race car and i would like to know if anybody thinks its not a good car

can you tell me if they would be different on the track or in modified class also if they are a bit out of fashion also what could you do to make it more race able

thanks a lot for the info
i love my t1r i got from jdxray. handles great
greencactus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:05 PM   #10779
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Quote:
Originally posted by greencactus3
i love my t1r i got from jdxray. handles great
Ya hope you like it.
That was one of the two i had, and all i can say is an Xray is an Xray. They are all good out of the box and the steering is crazy good out of the box.

Jon
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:12 PM   #10780
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JBennett

I have a T1R myself and I love it. It runs great on carpet and asphalt. I did my first carpet race with it and won.
JBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:35 PM   #10781
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I thought I would share my fan mount I made.
mazmorbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:44 PM   #10782
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
BTW Ray. Do you have a good setup for the 350 chassis for medium traction technical carpet track? I was using Josh's Carpet nats setup and it was dialed with the split chassis but I don't think it will work with the 350.
I think Josh's set-up for the split is killer n the 350 in stock class. Just adjust your droop so youve got about a 0.5mm uptravel in front no matter what the tire size and about 1.5 to 2.5mm rear uptravel-depending on your driving style. Maybe in lower bite cnditons you can run violet front springs and dk. blue rear springs.

at the Champs last month-I ran a set-up VERY close to his Nats set-up-which is where I think everyone should start. Easy to drive-balanced, good corner speed. I have been liking about a mm of washers on the c-hub too. 2mm and car overrotates on exit to me. But 1mm adds just a touch more on-power steering. again-in my opinion only.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:53 PM   #10783
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Mincey

Rob
Where can I get my Alluminum parts annodized ... I have been looking locally here in Toronto Canada with no luck.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:40 PM   #10784
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

duckman996... Phone one of the Motorcycle shops in TO ( prefer a shop that does alot of Motocross ) and ask one of the parts guys were they get stuff done... Hope that helps...

www.bilsteincanada.com
Gordkoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:40 PM   #10785
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
I think Josh's set-up for the split is killer n the 350 in stock class. Just adjust your droop so youve got about a 0.5mm uptravel in front no matter what the tire size and about 1.5 to 2.5mm rear uptravel-depending on your driving style. Maybe in lower bite cnditons you can run violet front springs and dk. blue rear springs.

at the Champs last month-I ran a set-up VERY close to his Nats set-up-which is where I think everyone should start. Easy to drive-balanced, good corner speed. I have been liking about a mm of washers on the c-hub too. 2mm and car overrotates on exit to me. But 1mm adds just a touch more on-power steering. again-in my opinion only.
Thanks Ray. I agree it is a very balanced setup. I couldn't believe how hooked up the car felt with the split chassis, just from throwing the setup on there. It required very little tuning for the track. Can't wait for this Saturday to try the 350 out at our trophy race. Should be a little faster and with the help from new foams and a new EA monster, I can wait to be cranking out the laps. I can already see that trophy now.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote