Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 12-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

i will be using the xrc chassis for the first time on sunday (ona rubbery type floor..but imo its very similar to driving on tarmac)...might be a bit tos tiff for rubbers though but i will adaptor my setup to suit if needs be
Old 12-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Tom
Tech Regular

Has anyone ran that XRC chassis on asphalt? How does it compare to the stock Evo2 chassis?
A lot of Aussies run this chassis on asphalt but most of the time it is with foam tires.

You may also like to try the new shock tower if running rubber on asphalt as it makes a huge difference. The other week i broke one and had to resort to the kit tower, omg, couldn't believe the difference.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

If anyone is interested. I have a BMI X-Ray 350 split(staggered batteries) Chassis for sale in the For Sale Forum.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...threadid=56925
Old 12-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

dont suppose you've got a pic have you?
Old 12-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Here some pics of the chassis.
Chassis Top

Chassis Bottom
Old 12-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

X-ray guys, how do you feel on the BMI X-ray chassis versus the X-ray 3.5mm carpet chassis?

Thanks
Old 12-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

This has been debated pretty extensively lately. Apparently, the BMI is thinner but stiffer due to it's 0-45-90 degree orientation while the XRC is 0-90. The BMI chassis also moves the cells .350 inch forward while the XRay moves them .250 forward (IIRC.)

From what I can tell, it comes down to personal preference. I'll be running my XRC for the first time this weekend and I'll report back with my findings.

Rob
Old 12-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by raving-monkey
i will be using the xrc chassis for the first time on sunday (ona rubbery type floor..but imo its very similar to driving on tarmac)...might be a bit tos tiff for rubbers though but i will adaptor my setup to suit if needs be
I used the xrc chassis at the last round of the BIWS and managed to qualify 3rd in stock and 13th in Mod. If you want to share setups come and find me on Sunday.

BTW about the seals on your shocks...... Try running with your shocks Australian style (upside down) if there is any air in them it will go to the opposite end of the shock and the piston will work in the oil as opposed to moving through the bubbles aswell.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Robfo
I used the xrc chassis at the last round of the BIWS and managed to qualify 3rd in stock and 13th in Mod. If you want to share setups come and find me on Sunday.

BTW about the seals on your shocks...... Try running with your shocks Australian style (upside down) if there is any air in them it will go to the opposite end of the shock and the piston will work in the oil as opposed to moving through the bubbles aswell.
champion!, also, what colour shell do you have..make it a little easier for me to find you

i gave in on the shocks and ordered some tamiya shocks..all my stuff should arrive tomorrow so will fit the xrc chassis, fk front tower and tamiya shocks...should go better on sunday
Old 12-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

just a quick one Rob, but what motor do you run?

any recomendations on brushes for the trinity stock quad?

i ran trinity diagnol serrated thingies last time and they worked great..but just wanna try diff brushes but not sure what i should try next
Old 12-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Matt -

I've been running a Brahma Demon (Monster Stock based) motor for the last 4-5 weeks and I've been extremely impressed. Chris's motors are great performers. If you can, you might give one a try. I know the BRCA's a bit rigid with allowing stock motors from different tuners, but I don't know if that will affect you or not.

Brahma has some proprietary brushes that are really good. I've been using them and 767's in this motor with very good results.

I've also started messing with a Brahma Vision motor (ROAR Stock 2 mag) that has crazy mad RPM's, but my local track's not big enough to really let it spool up, so I'm predominantly using the Demon.

The thing I'm figuring out, is that just because one of my Monster Stocks likes 767's or 4499's or whatever, doesn't mean that all of my Monsters will respond the same way with the same brushes. I'd get ahold of a few different kinds and start experimenting with them to see which ones your motor likes best.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Last edited by Rob Mincey; 12-08-2004 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

4503 brushes seem to work ok with the quads.

Chazz
Old 12-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

RobFo----- LOL australian style thats sounds like it should be in my kamasutra book!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Team Tamale

Hey all,

I recvd today my Tamale parts. I ordered the c-hubs, lowered spring perches for running big foams on the carpet tower and also the rear roll center pieces and the fan mount.
I mounted all of it and it all fits perfectly. Nothing too tight-zero slop. Sadly I dont get to race till Sunday!! Report on how they work on Monday!!

ON the shock spring perches-I have 2.28 tires on my car right now and car was at 4mm. I put them on and had to go 3 1/2 rotations on the collars to get ride height back-up. So I bet with my BMI carpet front shock tower installed and these perches-2.40" tires might be doable now.

The c-hubs will get a work out since I am running 19t and mod and I rarely run these classes. Durability testing at its best!!! Put a hack behind the wheel.

Ray
Old 12-09-2004, 01:00 AM
Tech Addict

Qiuck question: Will I have to get new/different spring retainers if I want to use the 4-hole front carpet tower with rubber tires?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.