Way to go Xray.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JohnMatrix
Never.lol.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I just received my p-dub bumpers for the xray, they are strong, its time to run through the traffic now!!!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Speedo
In what time-frame will the new shipment of FK kits be available?

Josh
Josh, the last word is that there are some on this current shipment (might be at RC America already), but there weren't going to be enough to fill all the back orders.

However, another shipment has already left Slovakia last week that should be enough to fill all the back orders and then some. The good news is that they aren't coming by boat, they are coming by air but they still take a few weeks to get through customs and all that BS. They're expecting mi-late December at the earliest and mid January at the latest, but I doubt it will be that long. They should be caught up in the next 2 shipments so don't get discouraged yet. I ran my T1FK two SAturdays ago for the first time and it was soooooo sweet. The only thing I did other than stock is the aluminum rear uprights. I have a BMI chassis waiting to go on it for a higher bite track.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Jason, thanks for the info. Do you know if Horizon will be carrying the kits still, or will they be discontinuing their xray stock with xray's new distribution system?

Josh
Old 12-05-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure Horizon is out of the Xray business...lol. They were charging way too much for the parts. But since RC America is selling to individual hobby shops it would be silly to buy from another distributor unless you just couldn't afford the buy-in.

The battery store I work at on my days off (from the fire station) got an account with Xray so I can get parts for myself and some of our club members at a good discount. I would probably sell stuff on the internet but I don't have the time to do it.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmm...alright, thanks for the info. Horizon works out to be cheaper for me, so that's a bummer.

Thanks again,
Josh
Old 12-06-2004, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I was wondering if someone could help me in deciding on a modified motor for my XRay? I have no idea of the type of winding i need? 12x2?, 7x2? What is better suited? thanks.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Motor Cooling Fan

Have any of you installed a motor cooling fan in your factory kit? How have you mounted the fan? If anyone has any pictures please post. Thanks
Old 12-06-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Trinity has a new fan that screws to the motor. The fan kit comes with 2 heatsink type mounts that screw into the endbell where the brush shunts screws are than the ends are tapped so the fan mounts onto them. Really cool deal 5v fan and aprox 1x1. There $10
Old 12-06-2004, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Motor Cooling Fan

Originally posted by oldnwise
Have any of you installed a motor cooling fan in your factory kit? How have you mounted the fan? If anyone has any pictures please post. Thanks
teamtamale.com has a piece that you hook up your mini fan too. you should check it out.

Jon
Old 12-06-2004, 04:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mazmorbid
I was wondering if someone could help me in deciding on a modified motor for my XRay? I have no idea of the type of winding i need? 12x2?, 7x2? What is better suited? thanks.
What ever type you go with I recomend Redline Motors.

Redline
Old 12-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys, im going to be ordering an xrc chassis etc tonight and while im at it i might aswell order some other bits and bobs.

Thing is, for ages ive been trying to get my shocks to stop leaking, but with new seals, new bladders and new bodies even i havent been able to get them stop leaking.

So i was considering the tamiya shocks but i have a few questions.

1) are they a direct fit? any mods needed?
2)will xray springs fit? ive got a whole spring kit + more which would go to waste if they dont fit
3) finally what are your views on these shocks? are they really as good as people say?

if their not the best around then what shocks are?
Old 12-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've used the Tamiya shocks in the past and they're nice and smooth. I saw an XRay with the aluminum shock bodies this weekend and the aluminum shocks are much, much smoother than the plastic ones. You might give the XRay aluminum bodies a try - that way, you'll definitely be able to use your XRay springs.

Rob
Old 12-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

yeah i was considering them but how will they help them to stop leaking?

i think the way xray have designed their way of sealing shocks is fairly poor..i mean one o ring at the bottom and the bladder helps leaking problems at the top a bit.

but look at pro4 shocks, they have a series of orings and washers..they are awesome shocks.

ive never been a big fan of xray shocks, ever since my first xray.

im pretty sure im gonna get the tamiya shocks but i just need to make sure that xray springs fit them..do they?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.