R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2004, 09:15 AM   #10576
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Satin black
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 041.jpg (185.3 KB, 190 views)
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:17 AM   #10577
Tech Master

Gloss black

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=56300

BTW these are the BMI split chassis for carpet.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:21 AM   #10578
Tech Master

I wanted the titanium colored one (gun metal) but Jason didn't have any cut and would have taken a week for him to cut some but he had the satin black one and I'm very happy to get it instead. Now just need to get the rest of my aluminum parts in and once carpet season is over, the car is getting sent off to be anodized black.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:26 AM   #10579
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, Nismo! I think I'll go with glossy black.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #10580
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Hypnomagic
Default xray factory

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac
Who in the whole wide world has a Factory Kit (new) for sale?
george from www.hobbychamber.com may still have one in stock they did on sunday when i was there.

tell him Leo from NJ sent you thanks
Hypnomagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:20 AM   #10581
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XrayRacer

As of just a second ago they (Hobby Chamber) had "order pending" on the website. Isaac, go the www.TheRCShack.com. Jon should be getting his in stock this week and for a whole lot less then the 359.99 then Hobby Chamber has them for.
XrayRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:24 AM   #10582
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I heard that there was another batch of kits and parts coming here pretty quick. So maybe by next week kits will be easier to find.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:57 AM   #10583
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by XrayRacer
The 350 chassis moves the batteries forward about a half of abattery slot where as the XRC chassis doesn't.
The battery slots are moved forward on the XRC as well.
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:34 PM   #10584
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XrayRacer

I hate to disagree with you KMW, but 1) Xray doesn't mention anything about the battery slots being moved forward exept for the 1 extra battery slot on the left. 2)I meaured my BMI Chassis and my Xray Chassis and the Xray slots are not moved forward like the BMI chassis is.
XrayRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:50 PM   #10585
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i fyou look at the xrc chassis, you will see that they are moved up from the original evo2 chassis (the box stock chassis) I believe that they are not move up as far as the BMI. A simple way to tell is to look at where the battery mount is in relation to the bulkheads. you will see that it is in dead moved forward.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:58 PM   #10586
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

XRC-batteries moved up about 0.250" from stock, but with option of moving left batteries up one spot.

BMI 350-batteries moved forward (duh) 0.350"

If you weigh the cars-the XRC with batteries moved up is basically identical to the weight bias as the BMI 350. Its a wash.

The XRC is super thick and still flexes a lot. The BMI is thinner, lighter and stiffer. Also-with the BMI_you can run a pack that does not require a jumper wire fished under and over the top deck. The one to get seems pretty obvious to me.

Also-one of my buddies ran the XRC and it was tweaked the whole weekend. he had very uneven preload on his shocks. I heard this can be an issue with the XRC. but that was just a rumour from Europe untill my buddies chassis did the same thing.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:01 PM   #10587
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
XrayRacer, Ralph and Espo told me to go with the XRC. At the track I go to (80% Xrays) most of the guys run BMI. And I did notice the batts were about 1/2in forward which I really like. Even in my Nitro cars I move a little weight forward. So I do believe I will run the BMI.

I didn't talk with Jason yet, but how does BMI's black and satin black c/f look? Which do you guys perfer? I saw the gun metal. I do like it but I'd like to see one in black first.

Thanks for the info!
I just got my satin black BMI chassis, top plate, and shock towers. It looks a little more hitech, maybe a little more sinister(yeah baby) than my gloss black Xray chassis.
Hudy
Litemodz CVS
Impulse_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:13 PM   #10588
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
XRC-batteries moved up about 0.250" from stock, but with option of moving left batteries up one spot.

BMI 350-batteries moved forward (duh) 0.350"

If you weigh the cars-the XRC with batteries moved up is basically identical to the weight bias as the BMI 350. Its a wash.

The XRC is super thick and still flexes a lot. The BMI is thinner, lighter and stiffer. Also-with the BMI_you can run a pack that does not require a jumper wire fished under and over the top deck. The one to get seems pretty obvious to me.

Also-one of my buddies ran the XRC and it was tweaked the whole weekend. he had very uneven preload on his shocks. I heard this can be an issue with the XRC. but that was just a rumour from Europe untill my buddies chassis did the same thing.

Ray
i think I know this buddy of your's Ray. He was hoping to better you this year. I guess he will have to wait. I hope he sends me the bmi. He might have changed his mind on the xrc and send that instead. lol

what do you know Ray, you only made the a-main old man. Maybe we should call you Master Ray. lol

congrats

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:22 PM   #10589
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

YOu can call me Master Bates!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:03 PM   #10590
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

If you need to put a lot more pre-load on one particular side just for the car to tweak out perfectly. Something else is tweaked. All the 4 shocks should be pretty much all the same preload. Or amount of thread showing on the shock bodies.