R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-30-2004, 10:29 PM   #10561
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sonic, The Xray T1 mini is a great car! it's a scaled down version of the EVO 1/10 The chassis and upperdeck are shorter but the rest of the kit looks the same.
Deves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:35 PM   #10562
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to sonicboom141

all normal size parts fit though correct? only problem is bodys would be harder to find right?

one more thing on that note..
whats the main difference in the X-Ray T1 EVO2 Factory Kit and XrayT1R. I mean $100 difference, what is so different? carbon chassis?
sonicboom141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:40 PM   #10563
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes parts from the other xray kits will fit except belts, shock towers.

Not to sure about differences in EVO and T1R kit you could probably download the manuals from Xray to study the parts list
Deves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:09 AM   #10564
Tech Fanatic

Default Balanced Breakfast

kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:27 AM   #10565
Tech Regular

The chassis may be balanced like that but i bet when you put it back on its wheels its not!
Have a look at the picture and tell me whats wrong with the left shock. Could'nt you screw the cap on fully?

The only true way of testing balance is to use a setup with scales for each wheel or a tweak station. That way you get the exact weight being transfered through the suspension onto the ground (ie the track where the car will be used)

Dont take this post the wrong way, its just that every xray i see has the same problem and it just annoys me. People wonder why their cars are not spot on when they dont even build the shocks correctly.
Robfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:33 AM   #10566
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You have to buy very expensive scales to do it that way because every scale is off and those cheap scale you buy at walmart or other similar places you would be very suprised how much they are off.

You want to balance the chassis like he's doing, and then put it on a tweak station and balance the tweak. I've seen cars that the tweak is balanced but he had to crank down on one side to get it that way and then he had preload on that shock.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:38 AM   #10567
Tech Regular

Yeah i agree, the cheapest way is to use a tweak station.
It achieves the same goal, equally weighted suspension and a balanced chassis.

But its no use doing this if your shocks are wrong in the first place.
Robfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:42 AM   #10568
Tech Master

I would check that shock. You probably have it cross threaded which is VERY easy with the plastic shock bodies. I bought a set of the aluminum bodies and they are perfect every race. Don't leak at all.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:46 AM   #10569
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by sonicboom141
all normal size parts fit though correct? only problem is bodys would be harder to find right?

one more thing on that note..
whats the main difference in the X-Ray T1 EVO2 Factory Kit and XrayT1R. I mean $100 difference, what is so different? carbon chassis?
Gotta tell ya! I've been running my FK for 3 weeks now, and I have never been happier with a car. Of course I loved all my rides, but the amount of money and time I put into them to get them to roll the way I wanted was crazy. More like, obsessive.

No mods needed on the FK. Although I did lighten a NTC3 bumber to 14g (weight of Xray's Impact Absorbing Front Bumper) to save C-hubs during testing and practice. And the spring sets are a must. I'm still having a tug-a-war with the BMI or XRC chassis.

sonicboom141, thats why I think you should hunt down a FK kit. The $100 bucks is worth saving for. The bulk heads are way lighter. Actually most of the parts are lighter and up to date. By the time you upgrade the Mini with a longer belt, chassis, bulk-heads, alum.shaft, etc... you'll be well over another $500.

Thanks to the guys who shared their setups with me. I really feel like one with my car in stock/rubbers and 19T/foams.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:47 AM   #10570
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XrayRacer

I hate to say this, but I would have to agree with Robfo on the shock situation. If the shock is not installed properly the of course the actual shock length will be different thus obviously giving the car a offset tweek when on the track. Also it looks like in the picture that the preload on the left shock isn't correct either, comp[ared to the right. BUT on Kids behalf, the picture does "apear" to make that car balanced.

- Just my 2 cents -
XrayRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:54 AM   #10571
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XrayRacer

Kid if you are having a Tug of war between the BMI chassis or the XRC chassis. Go with the BMI 350 chassis set. I installed mine about 2 weeks ago. and the difference is OUTSATNDING, period. The responsiveness that the BMI chassis has (in the 350 setup) is just about perfect. The 350 chassis moves the batteries forward about a half of abattery slot where as the XRC chassis doesn't. Also the BMI chassis is already 45'd in the battery slots to let them sit lower. PLUS the BMI chassis is cheaper (but doesn't lack in quality) then the XRC Chassis. Shoot you can get the BMI 3.5mm Chassis and the 3.5mm Top deck (they come in a set) for less then you would pay for the XRC Chassis by itself. Also get the complete BMI Xray set, which includes the shock towers and the battery holders, because EVERYTHING is 3.5mm thick.

Last edited by XrayRacer; 12-01-2004 at 09:00 AM.
XrayRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:54 AM   #10572
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Robfo
The chassis may be balanced like that but i bet when you put it back on its wheels its not!
Have a look at the picture and tell me whats wrong with the left shock. Could'nt you screw the cap on fully?
You guys are spot on. Even in the dark. Actually I don't even have oil in the shocks. I was in the middle of rebuilding them with new o-rings and heavier oil. I just through them together for the picture. I have a tweak stand and Hudy station. I just though it would be a nice shot with the sun this morning. Plus it takes me 20min+ per shock during rebuild. Trust me, the car is so precise... I'm obessed with making every detail right.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:57 AM   #10573
Tech Regular

Lightbulb team xray body mask template

it would be nice if we had one or two... so all of the Xrays in the world would have the same body design....

or at least the team xray logo..

Last edited by silver_spo0n; 12-01-2004 at 09:09 AM.
silver_spo0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:58 AM   #10574
Tech Master

Default Re: team xray body mask template

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_spo0n
it would be nice if we had one or two... so all of the Xrays in the world would have the same body design....
Old 12-01-2004, 09:12 AM   #10575
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by XrayRacer
Kid if you are having a Tug of war between the MBI chassis or the XRC chassis. Go with the BMI 350 chassis set.
XrayRacer, Ralph and Espo told me to go with the XRC. At the track I go to (80% Xrays) most of the guys run BMI. And I did notice the batts were about 1/2in forward which I really like. Even in my Nitro cars I move a little weight forward. So I do believe I will run the BMI.

I didn't talk with Jason yet, but how does BMI's black and satin black c/f look? Which do you guys perfer? I saw the gun metal. I do like it but I'd like to see one in black first.

Thanks for the info!