Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-27-2004, 05:33 PM   #10456
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Quote:
Originally posted by Michal101
JD,

I went with the BMI and am very happy that I did. You cannot go wrong with BMI's customer service!

Mike
Ya thats what i hear, but i have soo many people saying BMI and others saying XRC.. And the prices are pretty close together.... And so is performance...
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #10457
Tech Adept

I'm finding the XRC generally sells from $91.95 to $99.95. I'm glad I chose the BMI spilt X-Ray chassis.
Hondaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 06:51 PM   #10458
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
Ya thats what i hear, but i have soo many people saying BMI and others saying XRC.. And the prices are pretty close together.... And so is performance...
JD,

Like I posted...you cannot forget the customer service aspect of BMI!

Mike
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 07:45 PM   #10459
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Michal101
JD,

Like I posted...you cannot forget the customer service aspect of BMI!

Mike
alright alright, lol i guess you guys have persuaded me to get a BMI chassis, i think i will shoot Jason an email alittle later and when i get the cash.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:27 PM   #10460
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

I just bought my Xray and I see that it comes with a 48 pitch gear. Is there an optional 64 pitch?
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 08:39 PM   #10461
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Xtreme Racing and BMI CF Chassis Kits

Quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_racer
Someone asked a few pages back about the Xtreme Racing CF Chassis kit. After reading the good things about the BMI Chassis I was about to order one until I saw an Xray FK with an Xtreme CF chassis kit in RED on Stormer Hobbies websight. Does anyone know about the quality of the Xtreme kits?
You can buy the BMI chassis in different colors as well. As for the BMI and XRC I think the BMI is more bang for your buck. I paid $106 shipped for the chassis, top plate, and the trick battery straps. You will pay close to $120 for the XRC and wide top plate and I hear the carbon fiber that BMI uses is a much better grade than Xray's.

Just my 2 1/2 cents.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 08:42 PM   #10462
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Corally91
I just bought my Xray and I see that it comes with a 48 pitch gear. Is there an optional 64 pitch?
Ya just buy a Kimbrough 128T 64p spur and you will be good.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:54 AM   #10463
Tech Regular

From what I can tell, and why I purchased the XRC chassis, Xray mills out the servo mounting area and a few other key places, where as it looks like BMI just removes material where the bulkheads go.
chach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:55 AM   #10464
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by chach
From what I can tell, and why I purchased the XRC chassis, Xray mills out the servo mounting area and a few other key places, where as it looks like BMI just removes material where the bulkheads go.
Does it make a difference if the servo and other places are cut out?
Old 11-28-2004, 08:42 AM   #10465
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
Does it make a difference if the servo and other places are cut out?
Wouldn't it lower the CG? I have an XRC chassis, and i wouldn't have purchased anything other, as it is made by XRay? Do BMI make cars?
mazmorbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:51 AM   #10466
Tech Regular

No i think BMI are just hop ups, xray cut out were the servo is and every where else because every thing would be 1mm higher, if they didn't do this it would make the CG higher , lower the better

Chazz
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:51 AM   #10467
Tech Apprentice

Default Hey Guys

I've only just started running Xray from TRF few weeks ago but already trying to make things better, just thought id share a few and see what ppl think.
Firstly, The problem of front bearings that keeps being mentioned, not being able to get them out!! Some people are filing the axles at a chamfer, i thought of this. Using the other hole on the hub and a 3mm ish tamiya shim put a button head screw through, then put another screw into the wishbone and sorted!! The two hit just before lock is achieved, not more bent shafts and stuck bearings!!

Pic attatched
Attached Images
File Type: jpg end stops.jpg (26.7 KB, 143 views)
Robz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:53 AM   #10468
Tech Apprentice

Default Mods Continued...

I hate wires running all over the chassis so i found somewhere to put personal transponder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg personal.jpg (197.6 KB, 156 views)
Old 11-28-2004, 08:58 AM   #10469
Tech Apprentice

Default Help...

I really want to take peoples opinion on the weight distribution on the car. Me and a friend have been working on a solution to making it more even. If you start staggering the cells you get different handling when turning left to right. I wanted to try and move both sets 1 cell forward or maybe even moving right set forward 1 space and left set 2 spaces. Only one stagger shouldnt give it wedge! To move the right set you need to do somthing with the servo, what you guys think. Anybody tried anything like this or at least thought about rear bias to weight distribution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sevomod.jpg (72.2 KB, 148 views)
Old 11-28-2004, 09:12 AM   #10470
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default Re: Hey Guys

Quote:
Originally posted by Robz
I've only just started running Xray from TRF few weeks ago but already trying to make things better, just thought id share a few and see what ppl think.
Firstly, The problem of front bearings that keeps being mentioned, not being able to get them out!! Some people are filing the axles at a chamfer, i thought of this. Using the other hole on the hub and a 3mm ish tamiya shim put a button head screw through, then put another screw into the wishbone and sorted!! The two hit just before lock is achieved, not more bent shafts and stuck bearings!!

Pic attatched
It is simpler to have 1 single 12mm screw coming from the underside of the knuckle and using that as a stopper against the susp/arm, but I have tried this and found it puts too much pressure on the knuckle and then resulting in breakage, like with the ackerman extension i think, so is why it is best to use a dremel and just remove the un-needed Hub so it does not bind anymore, this is not just my opinion, it's common practice here of one of the 1st mods to do to the XRay when you get it.
mazmorbid is offline   Reply With Quote