R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-24-2004, 08:46 AM   #10366
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

How many drive shafts do you guys have that are bent? They're hard to find brand new right now and the FT ones are even more expensive than the evo 2 or T1R drive shafts. My jig will straighten both because they're the same size, 51mm.

I never thought about selling the jig... but if the demand is there and the jig works perfectly than I'll consider it. Let me get through the design and preliminary build and test and I'll get back to you guys.

I feel like I'm a part of Orange County Choppers with this type of work...LOL

Last edited by John Fontaine; 11-24-2004 at 08:51 AM.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:10 AM   #10367
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I got my Hudy tools last week. Man those things are freakin sweet. I'm ready to start birds practice. Anyone want to put in a carpet track in Oklahoma? lol
Old 11-24-2004, 09:18 AM   #10368
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

david,

come to dallas. we have a great carpet track. Some of the boys from OK are coming down this weekend. I know kyle was here last weekend.Ron, toastie and the boy from austin come up pretty regular around carpet season. they will be gone this weekend though.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #10369
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Nrctc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nrctc3

John Fontaine, I've only bent one. I'm running the spring-steel ones. They dont seem like they'll bend too easily.
Nrctc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #10370
Tech Elite

Oh I know man, Mikes is the only place I've ever ran carpet. I just can't make the 2 and half hour drive every weekend. It needs to be closer lol
Old 11-24-2004, 09:38 AM   #10371
Tech Elite

Has anyone tried the XRC chassis on med/low bite carpet yet?
Old 11-24-2004, 10:13 AM   #10372
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Hypnomagic
Default XRay T1 In Stock

Quote:
Originally posted by ozoner
Can anyone tell me somewhere that :

a) Has a T1 Factory kit in stock (part number 300004)
b) Sells for around the $330 mark, or thereabouts
c) Will ship worldwide

Plenty of my normal hangouts sell the kits, but they're all out of stock, and I need to purchase while I have the money

thanks.
If you are still looking for this kit try www.hobbychamber.com I was there last week and he had a kit in stock. Good price too. Talk to George Tell him Leo From NJ told you to call him.
Hypnomagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:14 AM   #10373
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Corally91
It seems like everywhere I check within the U.S. everybody is out of stock on the T1 Factory Kit. What's up, and does anybody know where I could find one over here ( US ).
The word directly from Ralph himself is that the next order of Factory kits won't arrive till early to mid Janurary. I'm sure once they hit customs, they won't have as much trouble getting them through.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:58 AM   #10374
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

Yo David. you will love the new chassis. Trust me when I say that! lol... Your running foams right?
Old 11-24-2004, 11:02 AM   #10375
Tech Elite

Yes sir, but its like a medium bite. I'm thinking the chassis might be too stiff.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:20 AM   #10376
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know the weight difference between the XRC and FK chassis?

Just curious because my buddy mounted one onto his T1R w/short arms and CF towers and it's about 200grams heavier than my FK. I know the FK has a lot of lighter parts, but that seem to be a huge difference.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 11:30 AM   #10377
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

All I know is right when I put this chassis on it made the car 100% flat in highspeed corners. I wouldnt run anything but this on carpet. If your track is low-med traction, just fool around with setup, to get it soft enough.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:59 AM   #10378
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Does anyone know the weight difference between the XRC and FK chassis?

Just curious because my buddy mounted one onto his T1R w/short arms and CF towers and it's about 200grams heavier than my FK. I know the FK has a lot of lighter parts, but that seem to be a huge difference.
The XRC is quite heavy, but an FK with it on should still be under weight per ROAR and IFMAR rules.

On my scale the stock chassis is 69 grams while the XRC is 115 grams. I understand that the BMI chassis is lighter, but just as stiff. I'm not sure what the BMI chassis weighs though.
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:33 PM   #10379
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
How many drive shafts do you guys have that are bent? They're hard to find brand new right now and the FT ones are even more expensive than the evo 2 or T1R drive shafts. My jig will straighten both because they're the same size, 51mm.

I never thought about selling the jig... but if the demand is there and the jig works perfectly than I'll consider it. Let me get through the design and preliminary build and test and I'll get back to you guys.

I feel like I'm a part of Orange County Choppers with this type of work...LOL
I haven't bent one yet? and I have had some good hits I modified my front Hub's (Dremel) as suggested by the owner of my local track.
Here's a pic compared to standard.
mazmorbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:39 PM   #10380
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

That's an interesting modification. Maybe during a hit the axle doesn't make contact with the hub so the axle wont bend. I run all spring steel in all 4 corners, I'll have to try this mod out to the front ones where all the impact is.

btw - I have my blocks made up. I'll take pictures tonight and post them here of before and after shots of the axles.