R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-22-2004, 05:35 AM   #10306
Tech Addict

JDXray,

I had the same problem as you in a race yesterday. What I did was to use heavier damping in the front (30WT 1 hole open. Rear: 30WT 3 holes open). This caused the weight to shift more “controllably”. It’s not a major difference but it could be enough.

We run rubber on carpet but what I did shouldn’t be affected by that difference.
OleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 05:52 AM   #10307
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: traction roll

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
THanks mark, I dont think its my tires being to grippy, i am running jaco orange/purple and purple (before i was running dblpink/orange and dbl pink)
As for droop i am already running .5mm in front and 1mm rear ( i was gonna go ahead and try 1,2 alittle later)
I also heard you should raise your roll center? ( I thought you were supposed to lower it, but i guess not.) I am on the middle settings for roll center.
I also think its the one-way i have in on carpet. I will go ahead and try a diff first, then change the droop, then roll center, tires if anything.

Thanks
for help guys

Jon
Ah, ok, it is different if you are using a one-way with foams - a one-way with foams on carpet isn't really recommended it makes it too difficult to drive. Yep, change to the diff first before trying anything else.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 06:05 AM   #10308
Tech Regular

I am running a 36 tooth pinion with a 124 Spur and a monster stock. I am also running a front diff.
chach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:05 AM   #10309
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: traction roll

Quote:
Originally posted by OleC
JDXray,

I had the same problem as you in a race yesterday. What I did was to use heavier damping in the front (30WT 1 hole open. Rear: 30WT 3 holes open). This caused the weight to shift more “controllably”. It’s not a major difference but it could be enough.

We run rubber on carpet but what I did shouldn’t be affected by that difference.
I will try that.

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Ah, ok, it is different if you are using a one-way with foams - a one-way with foams on carpet isn't really recommended it makes it too difficult to drive. Yep, change to the diff first before trying anything else.

Cheers, Mark.
The oneway wasnt too bad on carpet, i was just getting alot of steering. At the time i didnt have a diff so now that i got the pulley i can put the diff in and then try it. Thanks for help guys

Jon
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:33 AM   #10310
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Geetoo Send a message via Yahoo to Geetoo
Default Re: gearing sugestions

Quote:
Originally posted by sweet'n'sour
Hi boys and girls

I am racing the T1 luxury with a 27t stock (monster stock pro) and am wanting to know if there is anyone out there with the same combination and what pinion/spur they are running ?

cheers
michael
Try to use the smallest spur gear you can find since you are running 27T stock. On a very tight technical track that makes 14 sec a lap, I use 120T 64p spur 29T pinion combo. On a high speed layout 120T/34-35T at 1.77 pulleys on a monster pro. In my place kimbrough or speedmind are just the best you can find.
www.team-durango.com
www.actionhobbiesonline.net
Geetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:37 AM   #10311
Tech Fanatic

I run the largest spur gear I can use with the necessary pinion in order to keep the motor as low as possible in the chassis.

I like to keep the weight in the car as low as possible to help with cornering and right-left transitions.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:02 AM   #10312
Tech Apprentice

hey guys would u recomend a diff or a spool for carpet
rustler753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:46 AM   #10313
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by rustler753
hey guys would u recomend a diff or a spool for carpet
It depends on how well you drive. If you don't hit anything then the spool would be better and make you drive faster, but it you hit stuff quite frequently the go with the diff because the spool will tear the car apart.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:05 AM   #10314
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

For a traction roll here are a few things to try. First would be a front sway bar. Second you can take some camber out of the front tires and glue the sidewalls. That even works on rubber tires. Next would be go to a higher # on your front droop. If none of that works go to a higher roll center on the car. Takes some of the chassis roll out of it.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:29 AM   #10315
Tech Fanatic

Rock on, Dave. That was precisely the info I gave last night (with the exception of the camber adjustments - hadn't considered that one.)

How was the car this weekend? You tear 'em up at Enid?

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:32 AM   #10316
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidAlford
For a traction roll here are a few things to try. First would be a front sway bar. Second you can take some camber out of the front tires and glue the sidewalls. That even works on rubber tires. Next would be go to a higher # on your front droop. If none of that works go to a higher roll center on the car. Takes some of the chassis roll out of it.
Okay, will do thanks again guys.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:34 AM   #10317
Tech Elite

Man it rained and rained. It was so humid in the track that there was like a fog most the day. Traction was weird. Put the Xray shocks back on for the main. Super dialed. Had a lap on the field when that cracked eyelet broke and the shock popped off. Of course thats something I forgot to order. Hudy tools are dialed though. Everyone kept borrowing them.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:36 AM   #10318
Tech Elite

Something else I didnt think about on the traction roll. If your running foams your tires could be too tall.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #10319
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

or you could be saucing too much of the front tires

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 02:16 PM   #10320
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
or you could be saucing too much of the front tires
That might be it, i am putting like about half on the front tires, maybe i should go down to around 1/4

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidAlford
Something else I didnt think about on the traction roll. If your running foams your tires could be too tall.
There actually very low, around 58mm.