R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-20-2004, 08:12 AM   #10261
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g

what kind of tires do you guys use for asphalt? do you use foam or rubber? what kind.

thanks
dado11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 08:12 AM   #10262
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

i heard xray springs were a bit longer...tamiya shocks as a whoel are shorter aparently.

i also broke a shock body about a month back....i hate xray shocks, hard to build and even when you build them right theres always something wrong.

might consider getting tamiya ones but their very expensive
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 10:36 AM   #10263
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by raving-monkey
i heard xray springs were a bit longer...tamiya shocks as a whoel are shorter aparently.

i also broke a shock body about a month back....i hate xray shocks, hard to build and even when you build them right theres always something wrong.

might consider getting tamiya ones but their very expensive
true thr tamiya shocks are good . but I have heard that they are delicate. There is a teflon or nylon plate that holds the O'rings in like the old style ascociated shocks the brakes very easy when you hit something. So if you tag a board expect to rebuild that shock.

As far as the x-ray shocks I dont have any kind of problem with them but I do use the aluminum bodies

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:01 PM   #10264
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dado11g
what kind of tires do you guys use for asphalt? do you use foam or rubber? what kind.

thanks
Personally I like Sorex's with a HPI Green inset. Typically in summer I run 36's and in the winter I run 32's or 28's. Take Off CS-27 are pretty good but the don't seem to last as long as the Sorex's.
Eric Gebhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:21 PM   #10265
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by howard hudson
true thr tamiya shocks are good . but I have heard that they are delicate. There is a teflon or nylon plate that holds the O'rings in like the old style ascociated shocks the brakes very easy when you hit something. So if you tag a board expect to rebuild that shock.

As far as the x-ray shocks I dont have any kind of problem with them but I do use the aluminum bodies
When i had an xray (T1R) i couldn't fault the shocks at all, they were very easy to build and still had clean oil when i was rebuilding them, now i'm thinking about getting a t1FK as i mis the quality, and of course it's xray.

Chazz
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:43 PM   #10266
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Do the Xray springs fit the Tamiya shocks? Love the springs (because they cost me a lot) could care less for the shocks (shattered one last weekend...oil guts all over the front windshield.
Yes - the XRay springs fit the tamiya shocks .... can't wait - 4 more days till I get my XRay FT ...
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 01:46 PM   #10267
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

I have had both Tamiya and X-Ray cars and I have never had any problems with either shocks breaking (and I have had some hard contacts) ... the real reason that people are switching to the Tamiya shock is that they are very consistent - not to say the X-Ray ones are not - however, Tamiya, specifically the TRF coated shocks are extreemly smooth and consistent shock absorbers that are not likely to leak or have problems with trapped-air. They are easier to build and re-build then the X-Ray shocks and they offer as much adjustability (not as easily of course) as the X-Ray ones.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 01:52 PM   #10268
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by duckman996
I have had both Tamiya and X-Ray cars and I have never had any problems with either shocks breaking (and I have had some hard contacts) ... the real reason that people are switching to the Tamiya shock is that they are very consistent - not to say the X-Ray ones are not - however, Tamiya, specifically the TRF coated shocks are extreemly smooth and consistent shock absorbers that are not likely to leak or have problems with trapped-air. They are easier to build and re-build then the X-Ray shocks and they offer as much adjustability (not as easily of course) as the X-Ray ones.
I didnt speak from experience. I was told this by a LOSI factory driver. I was going to switch them to the Tamiya units but after that conversation I decided to stay with the x-ray shocks but just to upgrade to the aluminum bodies

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 05:08 PM   #10269
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default pic??

does anyone have a pic of joshes fk from the carpet nats??
SKY RC
Exotek
endler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 05:12 PM   #10270
Tech Fanatic

i prefur the xray shocks ......cos they look more sturdy than the tamiyas altho the tamiya shocks are smother

i stilll prefur xrays
pink pac man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 05:14 PM   #10271
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Anyone know what to do if you belts are skipping a tooth on the pulleys??? SHould i just change the inserts on the bulkheads?

Thanks

Jon
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 07:26 PM   #10272
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to greencactus3

yeah. thats wut theyre for. and check to see if theres too much gunk in the pulleys. and the belt isnt worn down too much
greencactus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 07:53 PM   #10273
Tech Master

Quote:
No, it isn`t true at all (what the losi factory said ), I guess he have not ever used one either. Anyhow, I have share my thought about both shocks couple pages back.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:03 AM   #10274
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Windsorguy99
Guys....the bashing of the TC4 sounds just like everyone else comparing the FK to the Evo2...

If you will, consider the TC4 a pre-modded TC3.....they took the stuff that people were doing in order to make their TC3's competitive and packaged it that was as a kit....there are a lot of differences betweent he TC3 and TC4...but they are subtle changes....just like many of the changes on the FK were subtle....

We're talking about Xrays on this thread....you don't need to bash other products to say how good ourXrays are...
They updated it and it's still a POS. I know one thing they forgot to fix: TC3's glass jaw.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:47 AM   #10275
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by duckman996
Yes - the XRay springs fit the tamiya shocks .... can't wait - 4 more days till I get my XRay FT ...
Duckman, thanks for the info. I think I'm going to order a set tonight. Found them for only fifty bucks.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=4259

I go up to TO all the time. Let me know what RC tracks you go too, nitro or electic. I'd love to check them out. Got the R1 up to 198 (not klicks) on the 401 around London. From Detroit, only 1hr 12min flat.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote