R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-14-2004, 07:33 PM   #10081
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to OHBRAD
Default ONE WAY

Hi,

Ijust put together my new xray ft, one thing i have noticed is that the one way doesn't run smoothly, it seems to have got better, but nothing like other people down the track.

I did replace the front knuckles for the aluminium ones, i have also put a full set of ceramic bearing, i ran it for a couple of hours on 2 amp, i have also flushed the bearing and re oiled them, but still i find the one way not smooth, in fact the wheels only turn a few times.

anyone have the same issues.

Regards Brad
Old 11-14-2004, 07:42 PM   #10082
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

Mine spins for ages, using std front axles and bearings. There is a little drag in mine, but not enough to be concerned about in terms of powerloss imho.

I guess make sure the front arms are all in the correct (middle) holes in the front bulkheads and that the caster on the hubs is going teh right way (3deg hubs can be hard to tell at a glance, i know I got mine around the wrong way when first building the car, lucky I checked them before moving to the next step ), plus the other usual things too... take out the driveshafts and see if its the oneway bearings (the outdrives should spin/turn easily) or weather its the bearings/hubs/axles causing the drag. Eliminate things one by one
Old 11-14-2004, 08:55 PM   #10083
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
What will i have to do running a one-way on carpet since thats all i got for now(Fk). Do i have to change shock position? Camber? etc.

And should i run Jaco Orange/Purple and Purple or DBL Pink/Orange and DBL Pink? I find that the Jaco orange/purple and purple combo last longer and give great tractions but not as much as the jaco dblpink/org and dbl pink. What would be better for a one-way being run?

Thanks

Jon
Jon - why not snag the diff from your T1R? It will fit just fine.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:19 AM   #10084
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Windsorguy99
Go where?

there was no link
http://www.teamtamale.com/
I see the link on my previous post.
kevinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 04:44 AM   #10085
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Mincey
Jon - why not snag the diff from your T1R? It will fit just fine.

Rob
My t1r is 2.125 internal ratio and the new FK comes with 1.77 right?
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 04:55 AM   #10086
Tech Fanatic

just take the drivetrain from the t1r and put it in the fk
pink pac man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 04:57 AM   #10087
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
My t1r is 2.125 internal ratio and the new FK comes with 1.77 right?
Hi,

The internal ratio of the T1R is 2.125, that of the T1FK is 1.77.
Just buy a new pulley as used on the FK and mount it on the T1R's diff/spool or one way.

Thomas
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:41 AM   #10088
Tech Fanatic

Yep. what he said. Take the front diff out of your T1R, and put a 32 tooth gear on it.

The one-way will be way too much steering for you on carpet. I tried one last year and kept blowing up my car!

Rob
Old 11-15-2004, 07:52 AM   #10089
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Got to turn some laps with my XRay FK this weekend after indoor offroad was done....since we ran offroad the track was dusty (black carpet) so it was not ideal for racing normally we vacuum, but anyways...

The car was real smooth, the thing that impressed me the most was how quite the car was, I am used to my TC3 which makes a ton of noise, even when you have everything perfect....The car was getting around real nice on a very technical layout, with a 275 centerline only maybe 50 feet of pure straightaway, lots of sweepers, switchbacks and long corners, the car just carved thru them, I am very impressed, had a smile on my face for an hour afterwards. the guy who helped push me towards the car was there and had as big a smile as I did...Can't wait to race the car for the first time
Old 11-15-2004, 08:03 AM   #10090
Tech Apprentice

Eventually got to run the new car, going from a 415 to a Xray FK i thought would need lots of work before i was as quick. Was i wrong!! I started nearly standard setup xcept for rear roll centre, spool and springs, was it awesome! Took TQ and won 2 leg finals with a 1st and 2nd. I was running stock at WLRC and considering KO champion (stock) and runner up were there that made me happy, i still think there are improvements to be made. Maybe a touch more turn-in because of the spool.
Robz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:16 AM   #10091
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Robz
Eventually got to run the new car, going from a 415 to a Xray FK i thought would need lots of work before i was as quick. Was i wrong!! I started nearly standard setup xcept for rear roll centre, spool and springs, was it awesome! Took TQ and won 2 leg finals with a 1st and 2nd. I was running stock at WLRC and considering KO champion (stock) and runner up were there that made me happy, i still think there are improvements to be made. Maybe a touch more turn-in because of the spool.
What surface? Could you email me the setup you used please if its possible, want to see how similar your spool setup is to mine, thanks
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:28 AM   #10092
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Quote:
Originally posted by 840918001
Hi,

The internal ratio of the T1R is 2.125, that of the T1FK is 1.77.
Just buy a new pulley as used on the FK and mount it on the T1R's diff/spool or one way.

Thomas
Yup thats what i am gonna do now. All i need to do is get that pulley, i think its 32tooth?
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:17 AM   #10093
Tech Fanatic

Yup, Jon. It sure is. I can't find a part number for JUST the diff pulley, but a friend of mine just bought a set of them. Let me see what I can come up with.

Anyone else happen to know the part number of JUST the 32t diff pulley, and not the entire low ratio pulley set?

Rob
Old 11-15-2004, 11:32 AM   #10094
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I got my car hooked up pretty good after the first weekend on it. I just wish I would have figured it out before the main though. I'm really excited about it. Look forward to getting the carpet chassis and running some foams.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:57 AM   #10095
Tech Fanatic

::::drool:::::

Y'up for a trip to Hutch in December?

Rob