R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-12-2004, 12:23 PM   #10051
Tech Apprentice

Default Spur Gears

RW do make 3 hole xray spurs and i got 128 and 124 in this configuration but im shocked that you people arent creative enough to adapt a 2 hole gear. I also bought a 2 hole RW 120t and the 2 holes line up, just use 2 m3 screws and nuts and bolt together then drill the extra holes!! simple, anyone could do it.

ANyway im new to running an xray as i was running a 415 before, i was impressed with the build except the rear wishbones seem quite tight to the mounts (probably cos ive got 3mm spacer) for 3 degree toe and this angles the pins alot, im sure this will wear in nicely cos i didnt want to sand because i hate slop in wishbones.

Also the front belt tracks to the left hand side of the one way and centre pulley, it wants to sit on that side which puts it almost touching the steering post i tried turning both pulleys round incase one was manufactured slightly conical?!! Didnt make a difference but maybe when run it may run centrally.

Rob
Robz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:46 PM   #10052
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If I can't find the right kind of 3-hole spur, I'd rather run my stock 93T 48pitch then drill a hole in the layshaft and put a bolt behind it.... hmm, no thanks.

Dom
Old 11-12-2004, 12:50 PM   #10053
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Robz, I have the same issue with the belt running to one side of the pulley, I havent started racing my car yet, but I am thinking the same thing that once everything gets a little broken in then it will start running down the center of the pulley...
Old 11-12-2004, 12:58 PM   #10054
Tech Elite

My asphalt car has been running all summer and had the same belt problem... it still moves towad the center of the car more.... no big deal.

Dom
Old 11-12-2004, 01:04 PM   #10055
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Dom,

Motor sits low, but not too low. I was running a 128 spur before so really it wasn't a big change. Debbie does have the gears though, they are the best gears I've ever tried.

-Korey
Old 11-12-2004, 02:43 PM   #10056
Tech Fanatic

Default Droop measurements

Do you guys measure the front droop at the very bottom (under the steering block screw) or to the side of it (C-hub flat area)? Thanks!
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:20 PM   #10057
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Most people use the screw or measure the up travel from ride height.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:21 PM   #10058
Tech Apprentice

Hey Litespeed, i think you misunderstood me or i was not clear, you dont drill holes in the layshaft, you simply use a spur gear with the right holes as a guide for a spur gear without the right holes. Just use the holes that do line up with each other and bolt the 2 spurs together then just drill striaght through to get 2 identically drilled spurs. Its only through plastic and only takes 2min.

About the belts, i think it will affect the car, not much but small amount. It IS just touching on the steering post but ill have to see when i run it.

Anyway appreciate any tips anyones got coz still getting used to new car and havent run it but hope its as good as my 415 if not better??

Robz
Robz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:29 PM   #10059
Tech Elite

oh yeah, that makes more sense.... that's what I'm doing now with my RW spur. Well not RIGHT now, I'm working..... well surfing rctech...

thanks,
Dom
Old 11-12-2004, 04:29 PM   #10060
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrad
Most people use the screw or measure the up travel from ride height.
Scrad, thanks!
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 04:30 PM   #10061
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Michal101
Hey

I have a quick question on Josh's setup on CEFX's website that everybody keeps referring to and the question is that I see that he is using 50 wt oil in the front with all 4 holes closed and 30 wt in the rear with all of the holes open, but what else does it say in that setup box since I cannot read his writing?

Thanks in advance, Mike
Anybody???
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 04:36 PM   #10062
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Mike:

Hi,

We are running a setup that's close to Josh's.with all 4 holes open on the front shocks. try that and let me know what you think
Jason said he didn't want the servo. no car to put it in before Cleveland sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 04:52 PM   #10063
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

if your referring to his carpet setup (which works really well at my local club with violets front and rear ) then it says 4 holes open F/R..no where does it mention 4 closed on the front so i dont know where you got that from
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:14 PM   #10064
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by raving-monkey
if your referring to his carpet setup (which works really well at my local club with violets front and rear ) then it says 4 holes open F/R..no where does it mention 4 closed on the front so i dont know where you got that from
Tim,

I appreciate the info.

Raving,

I got that 4 holes closed was because the circle for the front shock piston is blacked in on the setup sheet.

Thanks,
Mike
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:51 AM   #10065
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

are you talking about this one?

http://www.cefx.net/tips/electricSet...et_Nats_04.pdf
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote