R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2004, 08:57 PM   #10006
Tech Fanatic

I sanded the black spacer enough to allow the slightest bit of play to the layshaft. Haven't had a problem with my FK or Evo2 FOC.

For what it's worth, I noticed on XRay's site that they've replaced the bluesealed layshaft bearings with rubber sealed ones.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=854

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:16 PM   #10007
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

Recently considering buying a T1 but I can't seem to find on team xray's website any setup help. That would be big for me...does anyone where online one can find setup sheet and help for the xray?

G
Old 11-10-2004, 09:19 PM   #10008
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

nm I just found the dl page for the blank setup sheets however what about team racer's examples/samples as a baseline help?

G
Old 11-10-2004, 09:21 PM   #10009
Tech Fanatic

Try www.cefx.net for Josh Cyrul's.

Hodapp's and other can be found at... www.myrcworld.net

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:30 AM   #10010
Tech Addict

@litespeed-dom: YGPM.

@Robfo: Thank you. Ill try a stiffer spring/damper setup and play with the other things mentioned. I really would like to find a setup that doesn't require anti roll bars.
OleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:27 AM   #10011
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray
Default shims?

What do shims actually do? Should you use them on carpet racing? Any information would be great.

Another thing: Anyone know where i can get Alex Lopez's Carpet setups?

Thanks

Jon
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:35 AM   #10012
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

I believe Alex has a thread on here for folks to post questions. Ask for it their, I am sure he will be happy to post it for you.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:36 AM   #10013
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Quote:
Originally posted by promatchrcr
I believe Alex has a thread on here for folks to post questions. Ask for it their, I am sure he will be happy to post it for you.
Oh i didnt know there was a thread on him, i think i will ask him there then. THanks

Jon
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:37 AM   #10014
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

np, glad to help.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:40 AM   #10015
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by OleC
The damping you suggest seems awfully high.
Associated/Trinity oil is much lighter than xray. I think 30W xray is equal to 50-60w Trinity

Quote:
It is the rear diff you suggest tightening with this setup? (I use a front one way)
rule of thumbs is always try to tighten it bit by bit until it does not slipping.. and that is the beauty of Xray diff isn`t it. Tighten more if the rear still feel too planted/sluggish on corners.

Quote:
I use a 2mm front anti roll bar in my current setup. Do you suggest removing it with the setup changes you propose?
No, but I prefer to either use both or ditch both. The suspension will not act the same if one is using it and the other end does not. Same with a real car I think.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:54 AM   #10016
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Do you recommend then going to 60W oil?

Mine lacked a little steering on power

The only change I made from the standard setup (execept the shocks and springs) was to increase the droop from 5mm to 6mm, this settled the off-power rear end down a bit.
Hi Bro, so you ditch the 415? anyway, Surikarn is no longer with TRF, it is HPI time now.

BTW, I do not have experience for carpet. But seems they can go with harder damping (for better car reaction) as it is much smoother in surface.

I also never try basic setup as I find the upper link between front and rear is way too different in lenght. Since my background was driving the TRF car (I think I owned as much as 10kits before), I go with the longest upper link setup. Rear remain stock and front in #2 holes. In tarmac, both off and (especially) on throttle has more than enough steering. In fact, on throttle is much tighter and can always take the 415 from inside going out to the straight. Furthermore, the 415 has better off throttle in which now I`m tring the 0 deg C hub.. but sadly I never got change to run it.. too much GP time nowdays.

As for Xray factory driver, most of them prefer running short upper link and slighty angled without any say bars as pointed by Mr. Tonny V on this thread pages before.

About the oil.. actually 60W TRI and fixed piston 3 holes is suggested and most preffered by Jilles Groskamp which I found it adequate in balance as well when first tried it.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:04 AM   #10017
Tech Master

Oh.. in case what you meant by going 60W is because you are using adjustable piston.. the answer is yes because using fixed piston is like using 5W harder since there is more oil packed inside the shock body.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:44 AM   #10018
Tech Addict

Thank you Pyramid.

Are you sure the difference is that big? I have aways used Team Losi shock oil and the 30WT does seem a bit thinner than the Xray 30WT.

I am quite sure that I saw a lab test of the different shock oil brands somewere but I can't remember where....

Actually the carpet tracks we have are not 100% flat so we can usually run nearly the same setups inndoors as we do outdoors.

What I mean in my setup by a loose diff is that it is as loose as possible without slipping. The X-ray diffs are great at this, can be very loose without slipping.
OleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:58 AM   #10019
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Hi Bro, so you ditch the 415? anyway, Surikarn is no longer with TRF, it is HPI time now.
No, not yet - I have still to test my TRF. I'm really looking forward to doing my back-to-back test. I was really impressed with the speed of the Xray, especially when I saw the lap times!

Quote:
I also never try basic setup as I find the upper link between front and rear is way too different in lenght. Since my background was driving the TRF car (I think I owned as much as 10kits before), I go with the longest upper link setup. Rear remain stock and front in #2 holes. In tarmac, both off and (especially) on throttle has more than enough steering. In fact, on throttle is much tighter and can always take the 415 from inside going out to the straight. Furthermore, the 415 has better off throttle in which now I`m tring the 0 deg C hub.. but sadly I never got change to run it.. too much GP time nowdays.
Interesting info Master I was more than happy with the off power steering on my Xray - the rear end would go a little light and float around in a very controlled way - which is different to my EVO III, which I found difficult to get to turn in.

Thanks for the info, Bro!

Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:00 AM   #10020
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Oh.. in case what you meant by going 60W is because you are using adjustable piston.. the answer is yes because using fixed piston is like using 5W harder since there is more oil packed inside the shock body.
Yeah, I'm using the adjustable shocks - so you mean it is better I use 60W oil for them.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote