R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #9946
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

My FK is a new one through RC America (delivered last week), and it definantly has 3 holes in the front shock tower.

Cheers for the link/Part Number
Old 11-08-2004, 10:15 PM   #9947
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

No prob. Guess they decided to make the other an optional instead.

BTW any of you Xray sponsor drivers :cough cough Josh cough: out there know when the new rear bulkhead will be available?
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 02:13 AM   #9948
Tech Regular

dado11g,

there is nothing wrong with the EVOII. Don't worry about getting the FK yet. In our family we have 2 EVOII's and I run a FK.

My youngest son runs the oldest EVOII (pre-FOC, pivitball steering, longarms etc) and is the U14 British Stock Champion. He's also our club champion, and came 8th in a major series last season. He's tried my car but prefers his, and he whips my butt week in, week out.

The FK will not make you a better driver, practice and knowing "your" car will.

Stay with the EVOII for at least another season and learn the car, then when you are able to make full use of the FK, get it...
TraceRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:08 AM   #9949
Tech Champion

I know two things that I don't like with xray t1 fk ( the rest are absolutely immaculate ).

1. the skinny alluminum bulkhead is unbelievable..... just like sarah jessica parker's arms

2. the front shock tower is too high. I can't lower the body shell considerably lower because the tower would touch the shell.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:27 AM   #9950
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
Try www.cefx.com. Josh Cyrul posted all his setups so far.
The correct link is www.cefx.net

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:39 AM   #9951
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by nnick
The correct link is www.cefx.net

Nick
Ya noticed it a while back, but didn't bother fixing it sinse the post after mine had the correct one.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 08:24 AM   #9952
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

So, since I can't find the shock ends anywhere online, anyone want to be a good sport and offer to sell me a couple out of their private stash while I wait for someone to get them in???
Old 11-09-2004, 08:34 AM   #9953
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by TigeRyan
So, since I can't find the shock ends anywhere online, anyone want to be a good sport and offer to sell me a couple out of their private stash while I wait for someone to get them in???
Try the RC Shack http://www.thercshack.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=1100 they have some in stock. You have to order the entire composite frame set for the shocks to get the ends.
Eric Gebhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 08:40 AM   #9954
Tech Regular

The Fk should come with a front shock tower with 4 holes, My first fk had the evo2 3 hole one but the latest version come with the 4 hole one.
There is also a hop up one with the holes in slightly different places and extra holes for the turnbuckles.
Robfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 08:50 AM   #9955
Tech Addict

Cool

have anyone of you here tried a tamiya Evo IV? i would like to ask you opinion about the car compared to the T1fk.....im hung between the two and im having a really hard time deciding. hope anyone can help.
cooliomojo-CEBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #9956
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

rceric, THANKS! I had googled until my fingers hurt, wonder why this place didn't come up....but I dont care, order is being completed now...Thanks again!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:25 AM   #9957
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
have anyone of you here tried a tamiya Evo IV? i would like to ask you opinion about the car compared to the T1fk.....im hung between the two and im having a really hard time deciding. hope anyone can help.
I'm testing both the TRF-415 and the Xray T1 FK at the moment. Most of the top Tamiya drivers have drifted away from the EVO IV and are concentrating on the 415 - like Marc Rheinard the new world champion.

I made my first test drive with the Xray last night and I was extremely impressed with the speed of the car (I posted a little summary yesterday evening on this forum).

I also wrote a report detailing the build process for both cars, which you can read here: Xray T1 FK Versus TRF-415

This will give you a good impression of the quality of both cars - the EVO IV will be of the same quality level as the 415.

Hope this helps, Mark.

Last edited by markp27; 11-09-2004 at 01:07 PM.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:30 AM   #9958
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I still have no luck finding a front sway bar kit in stock anywhere ,any more ideas its part # 302460

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:39 AM   #9959
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Quote:
Originally posted by John Tag
I still have no luck finding a front sway bar kit in stock anywhere ,any more ideas its part # 302460
John why do you need the front sway bar so badly? Are you not getting enough stability? Steering? Traction?Maybe there is another alternative for now until you get the swaybar. let us know.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:54 AM   #9960
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
John why do you need the front sway bar so badly? Are you not getting enough stability? Steering? Traction?Maybe there is another alternative for now until you get the swaybar. let us know.
Jon, I actually am not done building the car yet. I am waiting on my BMI chassie from Jason which should be here today. I just want to start my initial set up from one I saw from a local nats A main driver. I also want every tuning option with me when I go testing the next few weeks. I am getting ready for Cleveland and want everything I need to tune for practice so I dont bypass anything.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote