R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-08-2004, 04:14 PM   #9931
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
Bearing looks to be the same size. Don't know why they would want to change that since that is what make the Xray's drive train so smooth.
Thats true, your probably right.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 06:55 PM   #9932
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g

ok, i just officially bought a evo2 and i need to know EVERY SINGLE PART AND SCREW i will need to make it into a factory. i got stuck with accidentally buying it while i wanted a factory. so now i need to know what i need. i know lots of you guys have probably made the conversion.

thanks for all the help
marshalv
dado11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:05 PM   #9933
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

dado11g: Why not throw it back on Ebay and then buy a genuine FK?

The one thing you will always lack that cannot be bought seperately, is the certificate of authenticity that only comes with genuine FK's
Old 11-08-2004, 07:16 PM   #9934
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g

how much $$$ do you think i can get for this. does anyone want it? i would like to get a fk but i am totally broke. i have no job, im 14. and i would wait to get up the money but i just sold my tc3 to get this and now all i got is an old yokomo mr4-tc. i need something to win some races.

here it is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

Last edited by dado11g; 11-08-2004 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:39 PM   #9935
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

In my opinion you're better off sticking with this car for a while until you're at least getting top 3 finishes in B mains consistantly, then think about upgrading from there..

The TC3 is a very capable car, and the EVO2 is just as capable, concentrate on making your driving fast with what you have then upgrade from there. Having a T1 FK will not instantly propell you to race wins, there is a lot more to it than just the chassis/car you're running.

In the mean time, do all the jobs you can to earn as much as you can and keep saving. By the time you've got enough to buy an FK your driving should be at a level where the extra parts and hopups that come with the FK will make you a faster driver.

Stick to the Evo2 for a while when you're learning, it will be plenty fast enough.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:42 PM   #9936
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Couldnt have said it any better myself....all the hop-ups and high priced parts can't be replaced by any car that is setup well and wheel time...turn laps as often as your budget will support and keep doing that....speed comes with practice, the chassis your running can only get you the last 10% IMHO...
Old 11-08-2004, 07:42 PM   #9937

On top of the T1 FK kit, what does it take to be competitive on carpet with an Xray in the mod foam class? Does the kit include a front diff? Judging by Xray's site, it comes with a one-way.

Thanks,
Josh
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:44 PM   #9938
Tech Master

what parts will i need to put short arms on the evo2? and will fk shock towers fit without modifying?
Old 11-08-2004, 07:45 PM   #9939
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Quote:
Originally posted by v0rtex
In my opinion you're better off sticking with this car for a while until you're at least getting top 3 finishes in B mains consistantly, then think about upgrading from there..

The TC3 is a very capable car, and the EVO2 is just as capable, concentrate on making your driving fast with what you have then upgrade from there. Having a T1 FK will not instantly propell you to race wins, there is a lot more to it than just the chassis/car you're running.

In the mean time, do all the jobs you can to earn as much as you can and keep saving. By the time you've got enough to buy an FK your driving should be at a level where the extra parts and hopups that come with the FK will make you a faster driver.

Stick to the Evo2 for a while when you're learning, it will be plenty fast enough.
Agreed. I am still driving my T1R and still consistly doing VERY well with it. I have my FK on the side-line waiting to be subed in But we'll see i still like my T1R and it just keeps giving me consistent times.

Jon
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:25 PM   #9940
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by dado11g
what parts will i need to put short arms on the evo2? and will fk shock towers fit without modifying?
Obviously, you'll need the short arms, and I believe you'll need the hinge pin holders. Other than that, you should be fine.

And yes, the FK towers will fit the Evo2.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:53 PM   #9941
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

On top of the T1 FK kit, what does it take to be competitive on carpet with an Xray in the mod foam class? Does the kit include a front diff? Judging by Xray's site, it comes with a one-way.

Thanks,
Josh

Honestly dawg, the car outa the box is killer for carpet... I tried a fellow team drivers completely stock, and was really good. On my car though, I did put the new 3.5mm XRC chassis on it. I must say it "DOES" make the car even better. Is waay more aggressive, and is a must if running mod. Any other questions feel free to ask. I am also new to the team, and new to running an xray car. But so far, I am pleased with my 4 packs through it.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:59 PM   #9942
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedo

Thanks,
Josh
Front diff and front carpet shock tower and you are set.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #9943
Tech Elite

Do you happen to have the carpet shock tower PN handy Nismo?

Whats the differences between that and a std FK front tower?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:07 PM   #9944
Tech Master

The carpet shock tower part number is #302095.

Now I heard the new factory kits (sold through RC America) come with a new shock tower that has 4 shock mounting holes and the roll center mounts moved out. Mine I bought a while back and came with one with 3 shock mounting holes and the roll center mounts in the original spot. The carpet tower is like the latter and is a little lower and has a fourth hole for the shocks.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #9945
Tech Master

Here's the page.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...?kategoria=868