R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #9916
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by raving-monkey
depends what motor and track, with a V2 hara (12x1) on a medium sized track with rubbers (indoors) i ran 93/19.

i yet have to race stock and try out some diff gearings so i can't give you what i run yet
Ive been running 23/93 with a 12 single HS revolution.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:55 AM   #9917
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by John Tag
Hey guys im having a HARD time finding a front sway bar kit for my FK.Its part #302460. Itried about 10 web sites and there all back ordered. I really need to get a hold of one any help would be great.
Click on R/C Plus in my sig and email Ron. If I remember correctly, there was one kit left on the wall on Saturday afternoon. No guarrantee though!

Dom
Old 11-08-2004, 11:32 AM   #9918
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by berger
Ive been running 23/93 with a 12 single HS revolution.
that a hara though? haras always have to be geared lower than normal motors, or any other V2.
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:49 PM   #9919
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Stock carpet set up

I ran on a 36x78 on foam and it is tight. I need a steup. and gearing.
tqboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:04 PM   #9920
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

tgboy, start with Cyrul's setup on his site CEFX (http://www.cefx.net/), as for gearing, ask one of the fast guys what their rollout is and go from there converting to the X-Ray, thats the best way to get close....
Old 11-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #9921
Tech Master

Try www.cefx.com. Josh Cyrul posted all his setups so far.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:09 PM   #9922
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by TigeRyan
tgboy, start with Cyrul's setup on his site CEFX (http://www.cefx.net/), as for gearing, ask one of the fast guys what their rollout is and go from there converting to the X-Ray, thats the best way to get close....
Darn beat me to it. Try his ROAR NATS setup. Should work for you.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:16 PM   #9923
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Hey guys, I am running a 1.32 rollout on a fairly large and open carpet track....there wasn't alot of people at the track this past Saturday so noone to compare notes with, but does that seem like a lot of gear to anyone out there????
Old 11-08-2004, 01:17 PM   #9924
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

yeah-Josh's set-up for his split cell chassis works AWESOME on a saddle pack configured car-like the stock chassis or the BMI 350 chassis.

I ran that set-up w/ very few chnages and it was pretty awesome. Great corner speed and lots of steering, but not hard to drive.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:26 PM   #9925
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Well, my Xray has eventually turned its wheels
I wanted to test at the weekend, but my club had a race on and I didn't want to enter the race without having tested the car.
I setup the car pretty much as standard, except I used Assos 50WT oil all round + Assos copper and gold springs front and rear. My track is very tight and technical, so I needed the quick reacting suspension.
I used a 17T motor with 93/21 gear ratio - I tried the 93/22, but I was a little slower.
All the results from the weekends race were available at the track, so I could see what sort of lap times I had to put in to be in the thick of it. To my amazement by the third battery, where I put on my Sorex 24R tyres, I was faster than any of the drivers during the A-Main and by the 4th battery, where I increased the rear-droop from 5mm to 6mm to settle down the rear end off throttle, I set a time which was only bettered once by one driver during the whole weekend...Wow!!! this car is really good!!! I hadn't even started to really look into the setup fully - all I had changed was the rear droop!!!

There's a little bit of understeer on throttle in the flat out sweeper, but apart from the the handling is almost perfect already.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:31 PM   #9926
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
yeah-Josh's set-up for his split cell chassis works AWESOME on a saddle pack configured car-like the stock chassis or the BMI 350 chassis.

I ran that set-up w/ very few chnages and it was pretty awesome. Great corner speed and lots of steering, but not hard to drive.
Sure does. My car was ballistic this weekend, looked like it was on rails. Just can't wait for my BMI split chassis to get here to try it.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:37 PM   #9927
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by raving-monkey
that a hara though? haras always have to be geared lower than normal motors, or any other V2.
No, normal touring wind. Lotsa torque, just wants to pull that size pinion i feel.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #9928
Tech Apprentice

Default ft xray for sale!!!!

factory team xray for sale with all the hop ups- alum shocks, carpet option thick chassis....etc. prestine condition, 1 xtra capet thick xray chassis and one standard ft chassis, 3 xtra oneways, 1 spool, 3 xtra diffs. Brand new shock tower that just came out, carpet tower, 2 ft kit towers, plenty of extra spring steel drive axles, castor blocks, aluminum set of shocks as well as plastic set. Standard top decks as well as ultra flex top decks. Tons of xray misc hardware To many parts to list. Taking offers or will trade for hpi Pro 4.
jayrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:17 PM   #9929
Tech Elite

Default Re: ft xray for sale!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jayrodracer
factory team xray for sale with all the hop ups- alum shocks, carpet option thick chassis....etc. prestine condition, 1 xtra capet thick xray chassis and one standard ft chassis, 3 xtra oneways, 1 spool, 3 xtra diffs. Brand new shock tower that just came out, carpet tower, 2 ft kit towers, plenty of extra spring steel drive axles, castor blocks, aluminum set of shocks as well as plastic set. Standard top decks as well as ultra flex top decks. Tons of xray misc hardware To many parts to list. Taking offers or will trade for hpi Pro 4.
think you would have better luck on the FOR SALE THREAD

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 04:14 PM   #9930
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
Thing i dont get it why would they switch now to a 1/12 rear axle insert? And i am guessing they are using smaller bearings? It doesnt look like the same size.
I might be wrong'

Jon
Bearing looks to be the same size. Don't know why they would want to change that since that is what make the Xray's drive train so smooth.