Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Onroad Electric and Nitro "State Championships" May 4th @ Small Cars Unlimited.

Last edited by webspinner; 03-30-2002 at 02:23 AM.
Old 03-31-2002, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

I really like the new shock parts. its a big improvement over the old parts!
Old 03-31-2002, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

How often do you guys rebuild your diffs. Mine got gritty after about a month. The thrust bearing was most of the problem. Pretty spendy little part.
Old 03-31-2002, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

I have had mine for about 50 packs and My Diffs are still really good. Driving on Carpet for about 40 of those packs and 10 packs just on Saturday on the Outdoor track. I did though but these really good Thrust Bearings that Buster Had. They have ridges built into the Rings and then the tiny little balls ride in them. I got it for just the front and it is the smoothest Diff I have ever had.

Question for you guy racing outdoor on BlackTop. What kind of Foam Tires are you running? I bought a pair of Treadz 40shore for the Front and 37 for the rear. Buster cut them down to 60mm for me. I ran 5 packs through them (stock Motor) and the rears are now 55.5mm and the Front are 57.1mm. Talk about going through Foams quickly. That was just from me practicing before quals. I ended up buying 2 sets of Jaco. Double Purple in the front and Purple in the Rear... I think that is where I put them. Anyways those started at 63mm for all 4. For 3 Quals and 1 main in stock, and then 1 run with a 8 turn Double they are now 62.25mm for the Double Purple and 62.2mm for the Purple. Does this make sense or do treadz just wear quickly?

Thanks

Mike Webb
Old 03-31-2002, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Treadz wear quickly, their rubber tires wear really fast.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sponge, I might finally do my diffs this week, or next week. I haven't touched them since I went to Milwaukee. lol front is still nice and smooth, rear is just kind of starting to get gritty.
Old 04-01-2002, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

It seems like the rear takes more abuse then the front.
Their both new as of now.
Old 04-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone have the roll center bridge? I have a pretty good idea of what moving the holes do, but can people clarify it for me so i know for sure? Thanks
Old 04-03-2002, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

The roll center bridge affects both your instant roll center, and your camber curve (or camber gain as some call it).

The shorter the link: The more camber gain you will have during suspension compression. As the longer the link the less gain you will have.

Also, if the link is higher on the upright (outer upper pivot point) and lower on the roll bridge (inner upper pivot point) your instant roll center will be higher. and vice versa......

If you have a camber gauge of some sort, do a few test's, set the link short and check your camber at ride height, then compress the suspension and check your camber, then do the same with a long link. You will understand better of what is going on.

You can go to my site, and play around with the roll center calculator to see how moving the pivot points effect the instant roll center as well.
Old 04-03-2002, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

I have the have the roll center bridge, it works good. You need to test it out on how to make it suit your style of running.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, thanks alot for the quick responses, i think it will be warm enough finally today that i will be able to play around with it. Thanks again
Old 04-04-2002, 06:03 PM
Tech Rookie

i saw you suck at the races last weekend, (Mike Webb) if you want to know my name it starts with a J and ends with a Y can u guess who i am
Old 04-04-2002, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Starts with J and Ends in Y

I take it that you have a TC3... since you are TC3 FO Life "I think you forgot a R"

Lets see... there where 17 in the stock Class

There were :
14 TC3's
1 Xray
1 XXX-S
1 Kyosho

Both the XXX-S and Kyosho where in the B main and obviously 3 TC3's... I am guessing you were one of them .

You didn't beat me because I know the only person that beat me in the A was Paul

I am not good with names..... First Post...... hmmm... I would guess Jerry but I know I am wrong.... This could be Chris playing a joke .. but I know that is not his style ... He knows Better HAHAHAHAHAHHA... Tell me how many letters are in your name and I will get back to you. Also were you racing or just there spying on my kick ass X-Ray because you know you want to get one so that you can be like me

Talk to you later.

Mike Webb
Old 04-04-2002, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

its not jerry but you are close, but you forgot my friend had a RCLAB
Old 04-04-2002, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Where were you sitting? Was he the kid that was running the Rubber Tires? I thought that was a Kyosho... Never seen a RCLab before. I wish I was better with names. Sorry that I don't remember you. I am going away for two weeks but I hope to come back and race on the 20th. You going to be there? You will have to intriduce yourself to me. Were you one of the guys drivng the Nitro Cars?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.